Megs G220 & Poorboys vs 'The Passat of Doom'

Ricey

Christ I literally just typed all this out over about 30 mins then hit the wrong damn button and lost it all!!

Ok...........again then

I've been really enjoying getting some fresh air and doing a good 4/5 hour detail on my cars of a saturday. Anyway I ran out of my own cars to clean last weekend so I offered to do my mates dads suitably knackered Passat.

This badboy is a Y plate with 107k on the clock. It has only ever been washed via automated car washes :scare: and has what I would describe as 100% scratch/swirl coverage.

I think this really shows what a feeb like me and some decent products can do.

It was pre Tims 're-education' regarding snowfoam so I didn't do any kind of pre-wash.........whilst we're on the subject of Tim I believe its worth a shout out for the guy in all his awesomeness. He's always happy to give his advice and has provided my with the right tools for the job! :thumbs:

Process was;

Some cheapo but ultimately effective alloy wheel cleaner and an alloy wheel brush from Hellfrauds.

Dodo Sour Power shampoo

Lambs wool washmit

Meg gritguard bucket

Clayed with Espuma

Lubricated with Dodo Born Slippy

Machine polished with the G220 using Megs ultimate compound

Poorboys Blackhole Glaze applied by hand (as I somehow managed to throw away the still wrapped Megs polishing pad Tim sent to me! :bang: )

Dodo Orange Crush (for warm cars but works fine on Black)

Wheels rimwaxed

Tyres dressed with Megs tyre dressing (can't remember the name) its a gel and I'm not sure about it yet. Seems very thick and greasy.

Interior cleaned with Poorboys Natural Look Dressing

RainX cleaner and protector used on the glass (paper towel to clean/apply - microfibre to really polish off).

Some crappy upholstery cleaner I had to battle a spider for!

Chrome given a quick one over with Autosol

Before

Artistic poo shot

IMAG0170.jpg

Scratch and grime tastic

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

Half a tree lodged in the rain water gutters

IMAG0174.jpg

Meanwhile a Degu sleeps

DSC00063.jpg

Ay caramba!

IMAG0178.jpg

After

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0185.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0184.jpg

Wow=new car!

Thats some transformation Paul! What did your mates Dad think?

How did you get on with snow foam?

He was made up with it mate. Most disturbingly he said after having the keys handed back 'so instead of the automated car washes would you recommend taking it these blokes who cleans cars in a supermarkets' :scare::scare::scare::scare:

God alive!

Snow foams not landed yet mate - I reckon it'll be tomorrow - anything from down South take a couple of days to get up here.

Nice work :clap:

He was made up with it mate. Most disturbingly he said after having the keys handed back 'so instead of the automated car washes would you recommend taking it these blokes who cleans cars in a supermarkets' :scare::scare::scare::scare:

God alive!

The Supermarket Dirty Car Wash...... is probably worse than the automated :lol::lol:

The Supermarket Dirty Car Wash...... is probably worse than the automated :lol::lol:

I tell you what mate even the 'grit and go' boys would of struggled to get it as scratched as bad! My eyes nearly fell out of my head when I'd finished washing it and was greeted by that.

Seeing as your enjoying it so much, and have run out of cars to do.............................................................................................. you could take a drive and do mine. ;)

Kind of an offer as that is I'm not sure I could face it after driving all the way to East Anglia! :lol:

awesome results!!!! I just wish i had the time to give my car as much attention like that.

To be honest I've had to take a bit of stock with what I do with my time because I was getting to the stage where I was setting an alarm on Saturday and Sundays just so I could pack everything into a weekend.

So now instead of 3 hour job on the cars, go gym, try and get some fresh air with a run or a walk I do a 5/6 hour detail on a car.

Its really physical, out in the fresh air, working with a car, feeds the human desire to create or repair (getting a bit deep there!) and also feels good because I'm helping someone else out.

Just need to get this bogging MX5 off the driveway to make some room......still not heard a squeak from the Autotrader ad! I think its going to end up on fleabay at this rate.

• 3 months later...

sorry for the old thread revival but came across this whilst searching for the Poorboys Black - proper awesome job on that Passat! Looks 'mazing.

Unfortuantely I don't think I can invest in a G220 right now - what do you think the best manual applicator is? I've read on some sites to use an applicator sponge but I thought sponges were evil when it came to detailing?

Hopin the rain will stay away this weekend so I can give my lovely Zed a wax for the first time! Really, really want to get some of the Black Hole potion.

S.