Is the facelift model worth the extra money?

Looking at getting myself a roadster soon, but a bit unsure if it's worth going for the newer model or not...

I've seen a list on here of the differences but was after opinions on how much difference the new interior/engine improves over the previous one??

Any advice much appreciated

Cheers

Matt

The only people who say it isn't worth it is the lucky mofo's with cheap tax :lol:

I think the extra 20quid a month is worth it for a little more grunt and a far more luxurious and better designed cockpit.

It's a question which is always answered the same. The guys who own em will back them up and the guys that don't won't. It's all personal choice IMO :thumbs:

Welcome :wave:

Here is my 2 pence.....

I think the interior is better :thumbs:

Yes you will have pay more tax :thumbs:

Some parts are more expensive..... such as Air filters/Pop Chargers (as there are two needed) HFC's also seem to be more

I think its worth it, and that is from some one who has the uprev (296) not the 313. So I get to pay more tax and have the better interior..... but not the extra horses...... but still more than the pre-facelift :teeth:

I ve driven both roadsters and I bought a 313. Worth every penny. It's a different engine not just a few more bhp. I didn't think of the interior one bit. It's all about the grunt, flexibility and easier revving of the newer engine. Plus the lights are better and look way cooler.

Price difference isn't that much these days compared with 12 months ago, lets face it the first facelift cars are getting on a bit now :shrug: . If I was in the market for a Zed today I'd be more concerned with the condition and mileage.

Pete

I've previously owned a 2005 zed, recently bought a 57 plate 313GT. Its seems like a totally different car, my old zed (which my bro has and I still love) didn't look as nice from some angles but the new one with the facelift bonnet it looks stunning from all angles.

The new one sounds different to the old one - it roars with an almost aston martin rumble (its standard). The gearing seems better and its a lot faster (according to my bro when he tried it). The interior as mentioned is a little better as well. My last zed had altered camber on the rear so it handled very well - the new one seems as good if not better, the electronics have already helped me out once in the ice. Its lower by 15mm.

Conclusion, I loved my old zed, I absolutely adore my new zed.

I have a 57 313GT and love it. I picked the one I got for a few reasons though and didn't just get as it was a newer one.

I was really picky about the colour I wanted (Twilight/Midnight Blue) and wanted a car that was newer than my old one (06). I like the look of the older models (it was those that made me want a 350z in the first place). In all honesty, I didn't even know there was a different looking Zed until I started doing my research into buying one so even if I got an older pre-facelift one I would have been happy.

The reason I got the one I wanted though was to me it looked a lot prettier, however I think the pre-facelift ones are more aggressive and "mean" looking :boxing:. I could deal with the extra VEL cost and upkeep costs which is why I budgeted for one. If I was to buy another Zed to go with my current one, it would be a facelift Roadster over the pre-facelift version.

I have a 57 313GT and love it. I picked the one I got for a few reasons though and didn't just get as it was a newer one.

I was really picky about the colour I wanted (Twilight/Midnight Blue) and wanted a car that was newer than my old one (06). I like the look of the older models (it was those that made me want a 350z in the first place). In all honesty, I didn't even know there was a different looking Zed until I started doing my research into buying one so even if I got an older pre-facelift one I would have been happy.

The reason I got the one I wanted though was to me it looked a lot prettier, however I think the pre-facelift ones are more aggressive and "mean" looking :boxing:. I could deal with the extra VEL cost and upkeep costs which is why I budgeted for one. If I was to buy another Zed to go with my current one, it would be a facelift Roadster over the pre-facelift version.

Just posted something to make it more shiney too. B)

if you can afford it get the facelift. personally, i am a skint 22 yr-old who wanted a Zed so i bought the first good condition fairly good miles 05 i could find. - never been happier!

the new engine is meant to be a lot better mid range though, and you cant complain about those extra few revs :teeth:

Just posted something to make it more shiney too. B)

:yahoo: Thanks again.