Lexx's new Shed....(ish) - Pics page 2

Lexx

Since the R8 is still in the shop, and its not exactly frugal for the 260 mile commute to work I do, it was time to invest a second car.

This will become my everyday car as well, whilst the R8 becomes a weekend toy (or sold)

So went and bought myself this.

Peugeot 406 coupe, 2001, 2.2HDi, 94000 miles, full service history, 6CD multi changer with JBL speakers, Sat Nav, full leather interior in immaculate condition, 12 months MOT, 1 previous owner.

Picking it up next Monday. They are putting a full MOT on it, and sorting out a few niggles - mainly the internal fan which currently doesnt work.

Has a small amount of lacquer peel on the bonnet (about 4mm worth), and a few small scrapes on the rear bumper, but I can get that sorted on the cheap, so no worries there.

Obviously it needs the cambelt done soon. I can get the parts at cost and do the work myself, so no hassle there either.

Paid £2700.

He's removed it from all the websites it was advertised already, so I only have the one naff pic I took on my iphone.

photo2.jpg

Surely all French cars are sheds? :lol:

Thank u lexx- buy a second car that ur nit embarrassed to drive that's the way fwd lol. There's not many French cars I would drive but I'd have the 406 coupe

...yes I'm still a shed hater sorry Craig and husky lol

Aye, I cant go around in a car that doesnt get a little bit of notice! Hence the coupe.

I had looked at just getting a proper shed, but its not me! lol.

This one will need some TLC to get the paint work sorted, but its also something to practice my rotary polisher techniques on too. :thumbs:

I'll post up more pics when I get it. :thumbs:

the 406 coupe was styled by pinifarini

The rumour was that he styled it for Ferarri to be a *budget Fezza*

But Ferarri canned the idea, which pi**ed of Pinifarini, so he changed a few bits and pieces of the design and flogged it to Peugeot.

Probably a crock of S***, but who cares. Its a good looking car!

Nice one Al. My little clio diesel is saving me a fortune on fuel. Put £54 in a couple of weeks ago and hit 504 miles tonight and still no petrol warning light on. I have had to take my zed to work once or twice recently though even if the weather's crap - just to cheer me up and make me smile.

Nice one Al. My little clio diesel is saving me a fortune on fuel. Put £54 in a couple of weeks ago and hit 504 miles tonight and still no petrol warning light on. I have had to take my zed to work once or twice recently though even if the weather's crap - just to cheer me up and make me smile.

If it's a Clio diesel then you're unlikely to get a petrol warning light Nixy :p

Stylish car Lexx :thumbs:

So, I blagged the parents into getting a life to Chester again yesterday to collect the coupe.

Got in the car, drove round to the Post Office and taxed it.

Reading the new MOT, it has advisories on it for corroded brake pipe, and corroded o/s/r shock. Couldnt be arsed to argue with the garage for that, so just left it. No issues for me to sort it in my own time.

About 30 mins into the drive home, the CEL light came on. Along with the "Anti-Pollution system fault" warning. Great stuff.

Car went into a limp mode of sorts. Not the typical limited revs Im used to on previous cars, but this was more a p*** poor acceleration.

Heading over the top of the M62, I couldnt get above 60mph on the uphill sections.

This set me thinking there there could be a turbo issue - more likely a crack down pipe. Thinner air up there, incorrect air flow to the engine, poor acceleration. *shrugs*

Anyways, once down closer to sea level, kept the car at a steady 70mph for about 100 miles, hoping the the FAP would regen if thats what it needed (think it had been on that forcourt for about 6 months).

Got in the car this morning, started up, CEL had cleared, and car was a different car. Pulled harder in all gears, and actually surprised me with its rapidity.

Spent a few hours today cleaning the car.

Started with a AG claybar, with Megs speed detailer. That took almost an hour to do the whole car, and I had to bin the clay at the end of it.

Next was a good polish with AG SRP. Car has plenty of swirls on it, so at some point I will get a rotary polisher on it. But at the moment, I really cant be bothered.

Then coated with Megs NXT wax. and did all the windows with Rain-X.

The rear bumper has been scraped in the past, and very badly touched up. Will look at sanding that down and respraying sometime in the summer.

Also repaired one of the rear speakers which had developed a rattle as it had came lose. Obviously previous owner had found this fault, and used the audio controls to move the fader all the way forward. Anyways. Sorted now.

Out of curiosity I called the local Pug dealer for a service and camblet cost. Came back with £460 all in. Sounds reasonable.

We'll see if I have the free time to do it myself next week. If not, it'll be going to the dealers and sod it.

Car is pretty well loaded. and comes with alot of stuff that a Zed would benefit from.

1) Auto-dim rear view mirror

2) Auto-headlights

3) Auto-wipers

4) memory seats (2 saved settins, including the wing mirror positions)

Audio system is pretty good. Probably on-par with the Bose in a Zed. Its got a Clarion headunit with JBL amp and speakers.

Ok. Pics now.

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

and how many of you guys want to see this figure?!

IMG_0723.jpg