How Sick would you feel??????

Zugara

Ok, Looking for a document last night in a filing cabinet I discoverd some "share" certificates for shares I had bought back in 2001.

I bought 375 penny shares back then. I did track the shares for a few months or so and they never did much to tickle the taste buds. So the certificate was put away until last night.

Had a quick internet searchy last night and discovered to my horror that this time last year the actual share price

had raised to £300 a share,

Yes thats £300 a share.

So working that out they were worth a small fortune to the value of £112500. :scare:

Todays share price is £1.50. :bang::bang: Worth £562.50 :bang::bang:

That was a greatttttttttttttt start to he working week.....NOT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least the £500 you can keep tax free as part of your capital gains. The £112k would have attracted 28% capital gains, so a lovely £31k tax bill.

I'd photocopy the certificates and send them to the HMRC with a little note consisting of "up yours".

Chris it was £1.123 mil not k

Paul, tell me you are pulling our chains, please!!!? :wacko:

Ok, Looking for a document last night in a filing cabinet I discoverd some "share" certificates for shares I had bought back in 2001.

I bought 375 penny shares back then. I did track the shares for a few months or so and they never did much to tickle the taste buds. So the certificate was put away until last night.

Had a quick internet searchy last night and discovered to my horror that this time last year the actual share price

had raised to £3000 a share,

Yes thats £3000 a share.

So working that out they were worth a small fortune to the value of £1125000. :scare:

Todays share price is £1.50. :bang::bang: Worth £562.50 :bang::bang:

That was a greatttttttttttttt start to he working week.....NOT

At least the £500 you can keep tax free as part of your capital gains. The £112k would have attracted 28% capital gains, so a lovely £31k tax bill.

I'd photocopy the certificates and send them to the HMRC with a little note consisting of "up yours".

Chris it was £1.123 mil not k

Stick a nought on my figures above then and an exclamation mark on the note to the treasury then :lol: