My (fiancees) exciting news

Stew

Not baby related! :lol::lol::lol:

Well today my Fiancee (or future wife if you like...) goes back to Uni to start her PhD. It's going to be 3 years of hard work but hopefully worth it at the end. Not financially as Scientists are paid rubbish money I'm told!

The PhD is in Neuro Science and something to do with nerves. :blush:

Here is link to the abstract of the paper she had published in PNAS - http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2010/ ... 7.abstract

And here is a bit more - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2922142/

I'm really proud of her as she's worked really hard to get here and had so many set backs with obtaining funding.

I'll be putting my money in the MND Scotland tub from now on though - http://www.mndscotland.org.uk/ as they are a charity that are actually funding studies that are looking at helping sufferers of this awful disease and not just paying pen pushers!

Anyway, just wanted to share that as I'm so pleased for her. :teeth:

Blimey, that's a big commitment, no wonder you are proud of her :thumbs: I followed the links to the paper and it didn't make much sense to me at all as at that stage I hadn't worked out what MND actually stood for (well it is early :) ).I have nothing but admiration for people who a) understand those kind of things and B) who always want to help others :yahoo:

The very best of luck to her, I hope that it all goes well for her :#1:

Congratultions Jayne ! Ooo exciting for me too! I have a frozen shoulder, can she fix me at the next meet :lol:

She's more likely to cut you up bit by bit to find out why it broke Neil!

Yes, she's got the brains and the looks for us both. :thumbs::blush:

Looks like she got the looks and the brains for you both Stew. How you managed to net Jayne we will never know, maybe she wants to study your brain ;):lol:

It'd take longer than 3 years to work out what goes on in Stew's head and I'm sure she wouldn't want to know half of it :teeth:

Copnratulations to your fiancee, hope she enjoys the Phd as much as the first degree! :clap:

Looks like she got the looks and the brains for you both Stew. How you managed to net Jayne we will never know, maybe she wants to study your brain ;):lol:

It'd take longer than 3 years to work out what goes on in Stew's head and I'm sure she wouldn't want to know half of it :teeth:

Maybe she wants to be in academia all her life :lol: