Hi All

Hi All,

Got my car a couple of months ago, changed from a Leon TDi to a 350z and all I can say is WOW, what a car, puts a smile on my face every time I take it out :teeth:

However having an issue with it at the moment, the other day the warning light came up, pulled the code and got: P2135 Throttle Position Sensor error, I've been trying to find some where to get a new one from and at a good price, local dealer wants £1300 for a new one :scare: Anyone know of any where to get one at a reasonable price?

Only mod I have got at the moment is a stubby aerial, but am sure I will be make some other changes in the future.

Thanks

there is a throttle position sensor reset procedure. also worth resetting the ecu and clearing the code

:welcome:

i had the code years ago and that made it all go away.

just out of interest have you fitted anything in the enginebay resently or has it been serviced?

Thanks all for the warm welcome :)

I will :pmzmanalex: and :pmr35lee: and see if either of them have the part.

Welcome!

Is there not a reset procedure? Try that and see if cures the problem

I have done a reset using a OBDII reader and tried the throttle position sensor reset procedure from the service manual but the fault reappeared, when the fault happens the car loses all power, like its gone into limp mode, the Malfunction Indicator light comes on, along with the traction control and I think the stability control light. Have to switch the engine on and off, can then normally be driven but did find one time that it would rev up and down when in neutral and I had my foot off the throttle.

just out of interest have you fitted anything in the enginebay resently or has it been serviced?

I haven't changed anything in the engine bay and had it serviced about 2 months ago, P2 service I think. I did have the middle section of the exhaust changed last week as there was a big hole in it, could this of caused the fault? I took it out for a drive today with the new exhaust on and the fault didn't come back.

Thanks for the help guys.

I haven't changed anything in the engine bay and had it serviced about 2 months ago, P2 service I think. I did have the middle section of the exhaust changed last week as there was a big hole in it, could this of caused the fault? I took it out for a drive today with the new exhaust on and the fault didn't come back.

Thanks for the help guys.

the TPS is notoriously sensitive to being manhandled if when it was being serviced they might have knocked it,

• 3 months later...

I had the malfunction light come on this morning (bit of a scare as I have only had the car for 3 days!), the throttle wouldn't engage until I turned the engine off and re-started (I drove it round the block in 'limp mode' wondering what I had blown my savings on). Used the guide here to get the code (P2135 - Throttle Position Sensor) and re-set the computer.

Car has been 100% fine other than the one time, do you think I should get it checked out now or wait to see if the problem comes back first?

Hi DP7657,

I also had the warning light and limp mode come on not long after I got the car, I cleared the fault and it ran fine for a while before the fault came back and I couldn't get it to stay cleared.

A new throttle body is not cheap, a second hand one is a much better price, so depends if you have the spare money or not if you want to replace it.

Since replacing mine it hasn't gone wrong since, I would say leave it for a while and see if it comes back, if it doesn't you have saved your self some money and if it does its no worse than it is now, they are easy to change as well so if you do get one you can easily change it yourself.

Other people on here have got more experience than me with them going wrong, may be best to see what others think as well.