1. 1. What colour shoud my alloys go?

• Same colour as now.
    • Black.
    • Darker Grey than now.
    • Lighter Grey than now.
    • Match GM paintwork.
    • White.
    • Other (Please specify)

As some of you know, my alloys are shite.

All scuffed up and the wrong bloody size. (The owner before me shouldn't have been allowed to sell the Rays and buy "good looking" alloys!)

Anyway, just been to see a guy who recons he can turn them and paint the many colour I want for 180 notes.

Will be loosing the silver/metal detail... but they are so scuffed it is borderline dangerous. So I need to have them done.

SO... should I stick with the colour they are, go darker, lighter or go crazy and have white, florescent green/pink or something?

What do people think?

C2.jpg

RW1.jpg

I know they look OK in the pics, but trust me, they are BAD BAD BADLY scuffed.

I was thinking of just going BLACK. Any suggestions peeps?

B)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's enough wheel (in terms of spokes and size of them) to go black, and white isn't going to work either IMHO. Tbh I actually like the idea of a fluorescent green, would certainly liven the car up externally.

I don't think there's enough wheel (in terms of spokes and size of them) to go black, and white isn't going to work either IMHO. Tbh I actually like the idea of a fluorescent green, would certainly liven the car up externally.

You could be right there.... Do I have the bottle to go Pink or Green? :blush:

None. Save the money & get some decent wheels

HA HA ... going to do that too ;)

These will end up being my "winter wheels" and I will get a decent set for the summer :thumbs:

If they are the wrong size whats the point in doing anything with them? Save the £180, sell the wheels and buy some rays. These look like the sets you buy in halfords to me. Please don't go with the green or the pink

Not sure who would buy them in their current state.

But you are right, rays are the way forward. Just think it might be a wise idea to keep some for winter?

how about dark grey faces with the inside of the wheel flo green? think paulT did something similar.

Presuming that will hike the price up....

Don't want to spend too much as they will only be winter alloys...

Suppose I could always ask. :)

Just had the Green vitoed by Tam... as they look too "Chavy"

I recon they COULD look good.....

Im starting to think a decent set of Volk T37's is the way to go. Keep these as is.... :blush:

A little boring I know but I DO like the T37's.

:bangin:

With all due respect, those are some seriously chavvy looking wheels anyway, but by putting the green on them they stand out from the Halfrauds crowd a bit more.

With all due respect, those are some seriously chavvy looking wheels anyway, but by putting the green on them they stand out from the Halfrauds crowd a bit more.

:lol:

Yeah, I totally agree with you. They are AWFUL alloys.

What I REALLY want are either Rota GTR's or Volk T37's.... :cloud9:

Get rid in my opinion. Just get a set of Rays or standard 6 spokes (I prefer them to Rays ayway :surrender: ) for winter use and get a sweet set for summer. Or just leave the nice ones on all year round and save your £180 for when you curb them :)

:pmzmanalex: or :pmr35lee: for a set of rays.

Paint them (the old ones) with lime green Crown gloss, put them on Fleybay ,some t*^t sorry chav might/will but them :lol:

If all else fails weight them in at your local "car restoration dealer"

You hate the things anyway Jim. :shrug:

Jobs a good un. :thumbs:

bah! Buggering around with 'winter wheels'!!!! Lifes too short mate.........get decent wheels kerb them every winter and get them refurbed - you'll never get bored of them........its the future!.

Swapping wheels for winter invites one thing and one thing alone...........sods law. You'll swap the damn things off in Spring and kerb it within 2 weeks.

Stick them on fleabay.........people will buy any old crap on there curbed or not.

Had to vote for Black! Preferably matt!

Been thinkin bout gettin my rims powder coated matt black but leavin the chrome lip!

I am also a fan of the crazy BRITE stand out colours! can look sweet if ur carefull with the subtle colour matches around the car! (Think Old Skool xr2 xr3 style!)