370z on fifth gear now!

djrm

Just watching it on chase play. TBH, its the typical 5th Gear fair test - £36k 370z (7AT) vs £48 TTRS (6MT) vs £43k Boxster S (PDK).

So far the from what I've seen, there was a handling test, where funnily enough the 4WD Audi won (by not a lot). Then drifiting, where Ben left the TCS on for his first run, then lost out out Jason by 0.5pt in his second run - where his drift looked better than the Porsche. Havent seen the final test, but if its anything like the other 2, there wont be much in it.

So given the Zed is ~£10k cheaper than the competition, I think it did well B)

Just watched the end. Flying lap of Rockingham. Porsche and Audi were 2 sec a lap quicker, but Ben said the 370z was more fun.

TBH, it was a fair review in what they said, but they were pitching 2 obviously better cars against the Zed. Would like to have seen a Boxster (not S) and a TTS against it and see how well it did then ;)

Nissan themselves put the 370Z in the firing line when they started advertising it in comparison to the Porker and the Audi, so they can hardly have any reason to complain when TV shows put the cars up against each other.

People in the know are aware that it's a bit of a mismatch, but the vast majority aren't. That worked both for and against Nissan here.

TBH I think the Zed came off very well. It will have a lot of people thinking is it worth an exta £10k for an Audi or Porsche. :thumbs:

I'd still have a Cayman S over a 370z if given the choice of either for free, but no way I'd pay the premium for it having driven both.