370z on fifth gear now!

djrm

seemed a fairly fair review to me; especially as these are the cars that fall in to the same brackets when people are looking at buying a sports car.

the porsches pdk box had issues as they had to stop in order to swap from forward into reverse.

i think the zed held its end up well,

do like the TTRS B)

must admit wasn't impressed with the driving, maybe he is more track focussed than show boater compared to the other 2.

the other 2 are very good drivers though.

maybe they should have all driven each car and then worked out an average. because at the moment they are just comparing drivers.

When they say Ex-Stig, they must mean the one that used to have a black suit years ago right? And how on earth can he prove that he used to be the stig?? lol

No - he is the white Stig, he put it in his book and the BBC fired him over it ;)

The drifting in the 370Z was poor IMO, particularly for someone who had taken some kind of training (you can tell by the way he lets go of the wheel), and I was annoyed they used the auto and softtop when the Audi was neither ........ :angry:

As someone who is in the market to buy a car in that price range I thought the whole review was a bit pointless TBH - why do I need to know how quick the car can J turn and drive around in 1st gear? I also didnt understand why they didnt use a Cayman against the Audi when thats clearly the match in the model range, even down to the price :shrug:

Black Stig was Perry McCarthy BTW :)

Controversial times ahead! :lol:

I think ex stig, Ben Collins, is getting of lots of stick for no reason to be honest.

The other two presenters are good drivers - of that I have no doubt! Infact, I have been watching quite a few Plato videos recently and I'm really impressed with some of his races. To me though, its as though the two of them have something to prove against Ben - the review was like a major c-oc-k measuring contest. Do I think he could of shown the 370z in a better light? Almost definitely. At the same time, I think Ben's driving ability is more suited to quick clean racing rather than show boating in a car and for that reason the 'review' on this level became unfair.

I think the other issue is we all have this 'god like' image of the stig, as this is how he was portrayed to us in Top Gear. Lets face it, as much as I love Top Gear, it is rehearsed and filmed time and time again until they get it right. When we see Ben out of these circumstances we can't help but judge him against his performances as the stig.

I also believe there are lots of Clarkson lovers out there (maybe not on this site :lol: ) who jumped on the bandwagon to attack Ben when he revealed his identity. To be honest, I can't stand Clarkson and think he is a pompous prick!

Just my 2p - now let the backlash begin..... :lol:

Hmmm, should probably add that Tiff was invited to a UK Drift event a couple of years ago, given a top notch car and then proved he couldnt do it - apparently he has practised hard since then, he certainly looks like it on screen. Plato can just drive like the Don IMO. :thumbs:

I think its a bit like Big Brother or something - unless we get to see a straight race in identical cars between all three of them the editing is always going to show what they want it to. :)

Oh, and Clarkson cant drive for toffee but at least he admits it :D

Hmmm, should probably add that Tiff was invited to a UK Drift event a couple of years ago, given a top notch car and then proved he couldnt do it - apparently he has practised hard since then, he certainly looks like it on screen. Plato can just drive like the Don IMO. :thumbs:

Sorry lost you here? Tiff proved who couldn't do what?

Craig I see ur point but surely someone that experienced behind the wheel regardless if which type of driving is their forte should know to switch off the traction control? No question he knows his way round a track but he can't present a tv show to save himself

Craig I see ur point but surely someone that experienced behind the wheel regardless if which type of driving is their forte should know to switch off the traction control? No question he knows his way round a track but he can't present a tv show to save himself

Agreed, he should of known to have the traction control off. I also think they should have edited the footage to show the best couple of runs in each car - links to my point about the other two trying to have a 'dong off'.

As for presenting, maybe he is not suited - he looked uncomfortable. Maybe amongst the 'already familiar company' he feels a bit like a third wheel. This may change as the season progresses - who knows?

dont for get on the zeds, you can turn it off, but if you turnoff or stall the car it goes straight back on. it may be it was turned off, but came back on again.

i've made that mistake, its annoying you have to always turn it off, and that it doesnt stay off permanaently untill you want to trun it back on.

dont for get on the zeds, you can turn it off, but if you turnoff or stall the car it goes straight back on. it may be it was turned off, but came back on again.

i've made that mistake, its annoying you have to always turn it off, and that it doesnt stay off permanaently untill you want to trun it back on.

Exactly, and lets not forget Plato probably turned it on before he set off to sabotage him. :lol:

I was at Rockingham when he did it, was sooo funny :lol: He was very humble afterward and on 5th Gear also about the skill required for drifting at the top level and how he didnt have the feel for it.

i like him, and i hope with a bit of time he settles into the role and improves.

Except for the fact that that was the last episode in the current series and IIRC they aren't planning on making another series :lol:

they'll be something, but what the format or who the presenters will be is another thing.

topgear is on borrowed time now, but the BBC don't know what format or presenter base to use to replace it so keep re flogging it as long as they can,

notice the amount of mindless merchandise about for topgear. they are flogging that donkey as hard and as fast as they can before it shuffles off this mortal coil.

i like him, and i hope with a bit of time he settles into the role and improves.

Except for the fact that that was the last episode in the current series and IIRC they aren't planning on making another series :lol:

they'll be something, but what the format or who the presenters will be is another thing.

topgear is on borrowed time now, but the BBC don't know what format or presenter base to use to replace it so keep re flogging it as long as they can,

notice the amount of mindless merchandise about for topgear. they are flogging that donkey as hard and as fast as they can before it shuffles off this mortal coil.

Its time if you ask me....

I have to say, I've enjoyed this series of 5th Gear more than most. It went down hill when the tried to copy the Top Gear format of c0cking about.

The introduction of that Mr. Inapropriate (don't know his real name) and before him Tim fcuking Lovejoy, was just 2 wrong moves out of many wrong moves.

I't enjoyable watching Tiff & Plato doing shootouts and even better when they have a race. I like Jonny and thought that when him and Tom Ford did features together, they were really good features, and both are quite witty.

Bring back Tom Ford. Have him & Jonny doing features together.

Ditch Ben Collins, and have Tiff & Plato doing features together.

Ditch the trollop.