GT5

Stew

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received my copy today, watched the startup in full, kinda odd beginning but can see it's meaning a little further on. The detail is stunning, just loading 8gb of data to the hard drive very slow. Apparently it will load the tracks quicker! Review of gameplay a little later. Only 15 mins of loading left to wait. Ho hum. :snack:

Received my copy today, watched the startup in full, kinda odd beginning but can see it's meaning a little further on. The detail is stunning, just loading 8gb of data to the hard drive very slow. Apparently it will load the tracks quicker! Review of gameplay a little later. Only 15 mins of loading left to wait. Ho hum. :snack:

So jealous. Hope it has a better impact than black ops.

I will definitely be up for some racing tomorrow evening. :drive1 been waiting for this game for so long.

if anyone fancies a race my add is; Russey22. just installing mine aswell.

im up to the last test of the international C license and it is superb! lots of cars to choose from im just in the process of saving up for my 350z hopefully have enough before tomorrow

There is no reverse gear on a kart surely???

Funny vid though. Just doing my B license but working on gold trophies so that I don't have to go back but excited to get in the game.

First car purchased a second hand 60k miles MX5 :drive1

I have noticed a fault with the game. In the parts area there's no icon to................ Wait for it................

:pmzmanalex:

:lol::lol:

Okay I've done some karting, enjoyed, then some NASCAR, then with all the money I'd earnt I went shopping. You'll Never guess what I bought..... :snack:

Okay so it was obvious a Zed of course. Details of the car are perfect even the startup of the engine etc. I've been practicing on the F1 track at Nurburgring and managed a time of 2:27 although cheated a little as I purchased a few things with the spare cash. Induction, suspension, clutch flywheel, titanium exhaust, engine rebuild stage 1 to 3 and I've got 420hp. NICE! there's an option to install a supercharger which will come from my 1st race I guess. The video footage on the replay is awesome, very realistic. :drive1

So at the next meet I'll be bringing my GT5 Zed :#1::lol:

I noticed that the controller I am using is not as good as it used to be in the good old days. I'm guessing a wheel may need to be purchased. The only thing is, if I do that I'll want a nice chair to go with it!! Here comes more cost again!!

Looking forward to earning some decent cash tonight, so that I can get my SC and start reducing the weight of the car. I was surprised that within the parts list (apart from PM Zmanalex not being there) there wasn't an option to upgrade the brakes?? Everything else seems to be there, and the wheels option is quite nice, for instance Volks make an appearance, and then there's the body work, all you can do is install a front lip and rear spoiler which sort of mimmicks the Stroesek. No side skirts, no chargespeed, Ings or anything - shame really, although I guess a different game would suit those needs.

Purchased my suspension as well last night, so I can't wait to have a play with that!!

I'll try and post a video tonight, if not tomorrow - although my iphone for some reason won't record sound at the moment which is VERY ANNOYING! :rant:

All in all, a great quality game!! Loads of features and nicely put together, feels more connected than in previous version. 9 out of 10 for me.

hmmmm.......

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say...... im slightly disappointed....

6 years in development for only 200 cars to have been given the "love" treatment.... 800 cars without a cockpit view or high res finish! And why have a bought a well expensive wheel and pedal set-up (ok it was for forza) and polyphony didnt even design a clutch system?!?! Very limited design upgrades/decals/vinyls and NO BRAKE upgrades?!? and dont even get me started on the woeful damage system.... Oh and i thought i would be able to design my own course down to the direction and camber of each corner?? bit misleading.

But at times it still blows me away lol, the handling is top notch (which i suppose is all that really matters) and the premium cars are amazing, better graphics than Forza too. and better tracks. I've not been on the top gear test track yet but im sure that will be amazing! You can really tell a marked difference when you upgrade your cars handling and power and so on which is always nice and the photo mode is to die for :cloud9:

This game has me so confused! I dont know whether to run around telling people this is the best racing sim ever made or thats its a let down! - but for 6 years in develpment and $60 mil down the swanny - i think polyphony missed the chance to have created one of the greatest games ever....... but im still going to play it till my eyes bleed :blush:

Top Gear test track was a bit annoying, great layout, graphics etc, but the "special" race was very slow.

The vehicle provided was a VW Camper Van from the 1960's, I really don't think these are racing material. I guess I can chose to race on this circuit a little later on in the game with a car that goes over 55mph!!