New member..not the best circumstances..PICS ADDED

Alright guys!

Nearly a month ago I bought myself a 2003 import 350Z in blue.

So far, I've absolutely loved it!

Then on Thursday, disaster struck! I went to work at around half 6 in the morning and believe it or not, I was last in even at that time. This meant that the only space left in the car park was the wash bay. I reversed into the space and thought nothing more of it. Come home time at 5pm, I slowly pulled out of the space to drive home and heard a horrific cracking, crunching noise. I got out and discovered that one of the hose pipes from the pressure washer had got caught on some part of my rear bumper or rear splitter and as i'd pulled off, my bumper had been yanked and cracked in various places right up to boot level. :cry:

Other than wanting to punch and kick stuff repeatedly, I panicked cause I realised that i knew relatively **** all about these cars being a new owner and absolutely nothing about bodywork whatsoever!

And that brings us to today. As I say, this isn't the circumstances I wanted to be joining in, wanted to be able to post up some shiny pics to show off but I guess it wasn't to be! :(

So anyway, I need help!

What would be everyone's suggestions? The whole bumper is going to need replaced as its a hell of a mess. But i don't particularly want to go to Nissan for a standard one, looking for something different.

How much roughly would I be looking at for buying a full new bumper, getting it sprayed and fitting?

I know it's an incredibly general question but I don't really know any other details!

Which bumper designs/manufacturers would anyone recommend and where would I look for them?

Basic internet searching seems to only be throwing up American sites.

Then beyond that....if there are any members up near my area in Dundee, Scotland, can anyone recommend a good bodyshop for spraying/fitting for if/when I ever get a part for it?

From the brief look I've had at this forum, I'm pretty sure that plenty of people will have knowledge that will help me.

Anyway, sorry for the essay of an introduction thread, but hopefully, it'll help me get this sorted so I can get properly into this forum with a car that is back to full health!

Cheers,

Gordon. :thumbs:

Oh great ANOTHER Azure on the East coast :dry:

Only joking...Hi Gordon welcome to the forum :wave:

I'm just over the water in Newport- if you need a hand will be happy to help but Alex is your best shot :pmzmanalex: especially as he's only half hour away on the other side of Perth. There's also an excellent body shop up in Luncarty that can do a good match on the Azure ;)

I'll PM you details :thumbs:

Hi Gordon and welcome to the club. :thumbs:

As the guys have recommended I have preowned and brand new Genuine Nissan rear bumpers in stock and I am only 30 minutes away.

If I can help you further then just drop me a pm.

This is not a big repair, so no drama :thumbs:

Alex. :)

Hi Gordon & :welcome: to the forum. Having Alex 30 minutes away means you will always be sorted, just hide your wallet ;)

Never...ever take your wallet with you...is local sweetie shop...is zed addict mecca :blush:

Rule no 1: Stay focused ...buy what you went for and then get the hell outta there :lol:

That's the kinda response I was looking for! Nice active forum with plenty of helpful members :thumbs:

Right here goes...some pics to let you see what the story is.

Here's some taken on my phone just after I got the car about a month ago.

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

And here's some photos of the current state of the rear bumper :(

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

Good to know I've got an expert locally too, I'll send you a PM Zmanalex.

Hopefully get through ASAP to get a bumper from you.

The timing of this happening has made it a bit more difficult to get fixed quickly. I go away on holiday for 10-11 days on Thursday coming so would ideally like to get something bought at least by then and possibly get it booked in somewhere for spraying and fitting for while i'm away!

Cheers,

Gordon.

Yeah I knew it wasn't completely standard, I thought it was just a standard bumper though with the valance bit added onto the bottom. As I say, I'm not overly keen on going back to standard as I think I'd take bad after getting used to it as it was but I will if I have to.

Yeah I knew it wasn't completely standard, I thought it was just a standard bumper though with the valance bit added onto the bottom. As I say, I'm not overly keen on going back to standard as I think I'd take bad after getting used to it as it was but I will if I have to.

Looked gorgeous up to the broken bit :p Azure blue is definitely the best colour :thumbs:

Just thinking, I'm a big fan of the chargespeed rear, imo the rear stock bumper sits waayyyy too high. Hopefully I'll be going chargespeed next.

Mine has a tiny ding in it from the previous owner, but I went into it knowing I wanted to replace it anyways.

leeboyny-albums-project-flyinjay-picture10111-jay3.jpg

Bloomin' heck Alex, your avatar is very appropriate. You're like the superman for Z owners! :lol:

"Meh, woman falling from a building . . . . BUT WAIT! Someone has a cracked bumper! ZMANALEX AWAAAAYYYYYY!"

:p

Yip........200000 posts globally on the site.........180000 of them say :pmzmanalex::lol: