Team Falken UK 650hp V35 Skyline (G35)

Polo

Bit of an update, finaly taking it over for paint tomorow morning!!

While iv been waiting for it to be painted iv been doing a few bits.

Started with the headlights, they had dulled down and gone crap!

023-14.jpg

After some elbow grease!

028-7.jpg

030-8.jpg

039-7.jpg

041-8.jpg

Loads better, just got to try split them now to paint the reflectors, with out breaking them, as they are £1050 each from Nissan + Vat :wack:

Cut some holes in the boot for loacks

044-3.jpg

048-6.jpg

Got some new bits and bobs, the ecu il be using for the 1st year at least, HKS Fcon Vpro Gold.

035-7.jpg

Some alloy to make a fuel rail from as the injectors dont fit in the one i origanly got

033-6.jpg

034-9.jpg

Two 38mm turbosmart wastegates

056-4.jpg

Thats about it for now, i should, fingers crossed have some pics of it with paint done tomorow!

:D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep thats prety much what its going to look like, lower and better wheels thogh ;)

Cheers guys :)

today we got paint!! WOOP WOOP!! Oh and my custom prop arived!! :D

029-7.jpg

So we got it in the booth this morn! Masive thanks to Matt Carter for towing it out of my snow filled yard with his 4x4!! And Robbin for getting the paint on and done so quick!!

Epic win in the ice, no need for dollies, we wer just pushing the car where we wanted, slid like a hover craft!

In the booth, final bit of scotching, degreasing and masking

027-5.jpg

025-13.jpg

023-15.jpg

Robbin has quite a few Porchers at his place!! 5 inside and 4 outside!

028-8.jpg

Then some paint and a bake!

033-7.jpg

034-10.jpg

035-8.jpg

036-8.jpg

037-12.jpg

Demasked and back at mine

039-8.jpg

041-9.jpg

042-8.jpg

043-3.jpg

So now i can finaly start bolting on the pile of bits iv got sitting here!! Full steam ahead!!

Ok found a bit of time for a small update.

Been bolting a few bits on, pics below! Dash and scuttle just test fitting.

Admireing the shinyness!

046-5.jpg

Looked at the key ring to see that its JDM YO!!

048-7.jpg

Pedal box, column, wiper motor, vin plate and brake servo final fitted

049-4.jpg

054-5.jpg

055-5.jpg

057-3.jpg

062-4.jpg

Dash test fitting and more trimming

065-2.jpg

Seat and wheel

072-1.jpg

074-1.jpg

078-2.jpg

080-3.jpg

082-4.jpg

Next is to finisht he sump and oil pic up, sit down and make a list of bits i need to final fit the engine, get it bolted in and pray to god i find the money to buy the clutch ASAP!

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of an update, been busy the last 3 days.

Got a Dymo to do sticker lables for the switchs, but it looks poo so iv borrowed a Brother lable printer. This is what it looks like with Dymo, prety poo, not to mention how crooked they are!!

The Brother is much better, prints smaller so i dont have to abbreviate so much and its black print on white back, so will be better in the dusk to see.

028-9.jpg

031-8.jpg

Converted the N/A sump to turbo buy getting a -10 fitting welded in for turbo oil return.

032-5.jpg

Finished the oil pick up and baffle plate

044-4.jpg

048-8.jpg

sump finished with dash of paint

066-4.jpg

Sump fitted

071-3.jpg

074-2.jpg

079-3.jpg

Engine in da hole

084-2.jpg

Tight!!!

086-1.jpg

New Japspeed 350z alloy rad, chopping and modding the 350gt fans to fit!

083-6.jpg

088-1.jpg

Plenty of clearance with out the fans on, not so easy with the fans!! So i had to trim loads of the plastic front end to move the rad forword so it all fitted!!

089-2.jpg

Moved forword and fans fitted, also very tight!!

094-1.jpg

100-1.jpg

097-1.jpg

Gear stick extension perfect thanks to Mr Stevos fabrications and my mesurments

092-3.jpg

Japspeed 1jz top mount conversion Vband down pipe fits perfect with out a mod needed :D

101-2.jpg

Oh, another Jz conversion going on at camp Falken, this is Matt Carters s14.5 going 1jz vvti with HKS30/37! You can see how much more room you have in an S-Body for the conversion!!

105-1.jpg

Started mocking up some pipe work! It probs going to poke out the bonnet a little but i dont want to comprimise on the radious of the bend and there is no way it can go down!

110.jpg

Mocking up cooler locations

116.jpg

118.jpg

Iv got a 100mm intercooler to go between the crash bar and the coolers, currenty there is only a 90mm gap, but trimming the bar and moving the coolers will see it in there no problem.

120.jpg

So thats it for now, waiting on a few bits to turn up now and some things to sell, bank is empty!!!

Time for an update!

Been busy mocking up the front end, pipe work, coolers etc!! Damn its tight up there! If i ever have a bump on the front il be out for that day!! Hence the crash bar staying there, among other reasons!

Oil coolers mounting and pipes

037-13.jpg

038-8.jpg

040-10.jpg

They have 90deg bends on which tuck up nicely along side the rad, sending the pipes off in the right direction.

043-4.jpg

047-7.jpg

048-9.jpg

053-1.jpg

This is with a 70mm core cooler just for mock up until the 100mm core turns up. Had to trim a fair bit off the crash bar.

056-5.jpg

059-7.jpg

Big thanks to Driftworks for the coilovers

055-6.jpg

Masive thanks to Japspeed for a hole host of parts, including all the alloy pipe work, exhaust parts, suspensions arms, intercooler, rad.....

074-3.jpg

075-4.jpg

The intercooler pipe work is now ready for welding, just going for one pipe each side, so less silicon needed.

Trick with the pipe work on this is to keep it high on the hot side so i can get the air filter under it, seing as there is not alot of space the filter will be up against the pipe work, so having the hot pipe high is better for heat reasons. Also the pipe work has to be as far forward as poss as the wheels are not far from each corner, giving hardly any room infront of the wheel, especialy on lock!

076-1.jpg

079-4.jpg

080-4.jpg

085-3.jpg

090-2.jpg

091-4.jpg

094-2.jpg

097-2.jpg

100-2.jpg

108-1.jpg

112-2.jpg

Thats all folks!!

Its that time again!

Not done too much as im waiting on parts which i couldnt afford :wack: now iv sold my daily s14a i can crack on again :D

Oil pipes, one way valve and T for Accusump.

035-9.jpg

Made a few fittings to get welded in to the boost pipes, one for the air temp sensor and the other for boost control (one for each wastegate and one for the controller)

042-9.jpg

047-8.jpg

Fuel tank got a clean and paint

053-2.jpg

Some under floor bracing and filler neck fitted

063-3.jpg

HSD's

067-1.jpg

Neck protector

069-3.jpg

Thinking of swapping out the stock spring pan arm for a modified s14 toe arm. Its about 3inch too short ATM.

072-2.jpg

Pipercross came and mesured up for my new filter

077-3.jpg

And i got the fuel tank in, along with a few other cleaned up and painted bits

096-2.jpg

093-3.jpg

Now iv got a bit of cash from the daily tomorow il be ordering all sorts of bits so i can move on!

Good progress, I like how clean everything is B)

I beleive you can get arms for the 350z to delete the sping perch. Sure I have seem people running coilies in the US with them replaced with arms.

Yea i have seen the arms, but they cost money lol! Il just make some :D

Cheers Chris, you seem to be the only one interested? Maybe il stop posting it on here? if no one is interested in it any more??

So i went up to Earls today to get a load of fittings!! £470 :cry: and thats with 33% discount lol

036-9.jpg

And got on with making front brake lines, ripping the front suspension off and fitting the HSD's

039-9.jpg

040-11.jpg

Brake line

043-5.jpg

045-7.jpg

049-5.jpg

051-5.jpg

053-3.jpg

I am liking the true rear coilover conversion too! Don't know why Nissan opted for the seperate arangement in the rear :blink: . This would have also saved weight on the rear. How much do the spring carrier arms weigh out of interest?

Good work, very clean and methodical approach mate. It will be one hell of a sorted ride B B)

BTW I saw the feature below a while back but could not re-find it :bang: . Thought you could have found some of the chasis/body/suspension strenghtenning ideas useful for your build....guess its late now but here you go.

http://www.modified.com/features/0611sc ... to_09.html

(For the record i hate their roll cage setup and reinforcements. Yours is more conventional and looks less obstrusive :thumbs:)

This is an awesome thread.

I'm loving it but can't really contribute much as the level of modification is waaaaaay beyond me.

I love build threads, they are great to look at but the members here are quieter than other places with these threads normally.

Cheers guys, thats much better :D the comments make it worth while posting up :)

I can see where your comming from about why your not posting, but a bit of encuragment and the odd comment is a great help :teeth:

I am liking the true rear coilover conversion too! Don't know why Nissan opted for the seperate arangement in the rear :blink: . This would have also saved weight on the rear. How much do the spring carrier arms weigh out of interest?

Good work, very clean and methodical approach mate. It will be one hell of a sorted ride B B)

BTW I saw the feature below a while back but could not re-find it :bang: . Thought you could have found some of the chasis/body/suspension strenghtenning ideas useful for your build....guess its late now but here you go.

http://www.modified.com/features/0611sc ... to_09.html

(For the record i hate their roll cage setup and reinforcements. Yours is more conventional and looks less obstrusive :thumbs:)

Cheers, there is some cool ideas there, defo could have done with that befor i started lol. I dont like that cage atal thogh, very strange, its got a load of bars missing that 99% of other cages have lol.

I dont know how much they weigh, but im guessing not alot as there alloy. But yea it would have made the back of the car lighter and there would be less unsprung weight. I think the reason manurfactures use inboard springs is for space, as with out the spring round the damper the inner wings can be smaller which gives more cabbin space. The spring on these just touch the inner wing behind the strut, so im going to have to mod them slightly :bangin: lol

Cheers, there is some cool ideas there, defo could have done with that befor i started lol. I dont like that cage atal thogh, very strange, its got a load of bars missing that 99% of other cages have lol.

There is a comment on one of the pics saying the front cabin part is missing intentionally so that its safer for the road. Instead they welded the half cage to the OEM roof supports and beefed up the OEM roof supports. Guess it kinda makes sense if you are keeping it on the road. For you theres no point though ;)