Team Falken UK 650hp V35 Skyline (G35)

Polo

Thanks guys!!

Bit of an update!!! Sound proofing is finaly out and most the prep for seam welding done!!!! you think an s14 is bad!! try one of these!! Iv spent 4-5 nights, my bro and my girlfriend a day each and a mate 2 hole days!!!!

034-6.jpg

035-6.jpg

037-10.jpg

Got some good second hand Cobra seats and some new rails,

025-12.jpg

and made some cross rails to hold the seat in, still need to do the other side, but that does not need to be in any particular posision,

027-4.jpg

029-6.jpg

031-7.jpg

039-6.jpg

Then got on with some of the seam welding and sealing some of the un-needed holes in the bulk head,

040-8.jpg

042-5.jpg

051-3.jpg

049-3.jpg

052-3.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never knew the amount of work needed to get a car drift spec!

I happen to work with one of the headsheds of the BDC who runs a 460bhp 2JZ twin turbo powered white Lexus is200, that's a pretty special machine, now I have some understanding of what's entailed! Crazyness! :dummy:

Excellent stuff, took me weeks to get all the sound deadening out of mine :(

When are you hoping to be ready to drift?

Cool, you building a track Z then? Sorry im new to the site.

Plan to be out testing end of feb but you know how it goes, season done start till end of april, so i have some head time, but i really want to get testing done and go to the 1st round ready to rock and knowing its sorted!!

I never knew the amount of work needed to get a car drift spec!

I happen to work with one of the headsheds of the BDC who runs a 460bhp 2JZ twin turbo powered white Lexus is200, that's a pretty special machine, now I have some understanding of what's entailed! Crazyness! :dummy:

TBH there are only a few hand fulls of competition drift cars built to such an extent in the UK, most started as modded road cars turned drift, my old one was but ended up a 500hp 2ltr out right track beast! Was just never built from scratch like this.

I know the car, Matt ownes it, TDI used to map it, now a guy called Dave maps it, hes in the army??

TBH there are only a few hand fulls of competition drift cars built to such an extent in the UK, most started as modded road cars turned drift, my old one was but ended up a 500hp 2ltr out right track beast! Was just never built from scratch like this.

I know the car, Matt ownes it, TDI used to map it, now a guy called Dave maps it, hes in the army??

Matt clawley, yeah. He sometimes brings it into the hangars to work on it so I've seen it in he flesh. He also done a few donuts outside before getting bollocked by a tanky sergeant :lol:

He keeps encouraging to drift my Z, justifying it by saying he "needs a new project" lol.

Trouble with that is, I love my Z too much & I don't have the moolah to support such a project :(

Excellent stuff, took me weeks to get all the sound deadening out of mine :(

When are you hoping to be ready to drift?

Cool, you building a track Z then? Sorry im new to the site.

Plan to be out testing end of feb but you know how it goes, season done start till end of april, so i have some head time, but i really want to get testing done and go to the 1st round ready to rock and knowing its sorted!!

www.teamlizardmotorsport.co.uk

I built mine over a year a go now but took a lot longer to do it, would love to have strengthened the chassis etc

Good luck and if you have any questions let me know.

Could a mod please change the name of the thread to "Team Falken UK 650hp V35 Skyline (G35) "

bit of an update, not got alot done this week, lost a bit of motivasion tbh!!

Parts arived over the week

1000cc bosch injectors and pig tails

040-9.jpg

Mocal 24 row engine oil cooler with -12 fittings

014-12.jpg

Mocal sandwich plate with -12 fittings

012-14.jpg

13 row cooler for gearbox cooling system, iv also got a remote filter and big Mocal oil pump for the system.

016-11.jpg

low mile s14 diff cooler to be used to cool power steering fluid

018-11.jpg

And iv got on with some of the seam welding, the welding its self takes hardly any time, its the cleaning the paint and sealer that takes ageees!!

036-7.jpg

034-7.jpg

032-4.jpg

023-13.jpg

Also had time between jobs in the day to trim the dash and see how it fits around the dash

019-11.jpg

015-12.jpg

011-11.jpg

Could a mod please change the name of the thread to "Team Falken UK 650hp V35 Skyline (G35) "

bit of an update, not got alot done this week, lost a bit of motivasion tbh!!

Parts arived over the week

1000cc bosch injectors and pig tails

040-9.jpg

Mocal 24 row engine oil cooler with -12 fittings

014-12.jpg

Mocal sandwich plate with -12 fittings

012-14.jpg

13 row cooler for gearbox cooling system, iv also got a remote filter and big Mocal oil pump for the system.

016-11.jpg

low mile s14 diff cooler to be used to cool power steering fluid

018-11.jpg

And iv got on with some of the seam welding, the welding its self takes hardly any time, its the cleaning the paint and sealer that takes ageees!!

036-7.jpg

034-7.jpg

032-4.jpg

023-13.jpg

Also had time between jobs in the day to trim the dash and see how it fits around the dash

019-11.jpg

015-12.jpg

011-11.jpg

Bit of an update, shes now prety much ready to go off to have the cage, inside and engine bay painted, 3 weeks after id planned but @*!# happens!!

More stripping, i forever seem to be unding nuts and bolts on this, its never ending :wack:

009-10.jpg

Big old alloy subframe

010-12.jpg

034-8.jpg

very clean under there, not a spec of rust!!!

020-7.jpg

042-7.jpg

And finished the seam welding, finaly!!!!

045-5.jpg

048-5.jpg

052-5.jpg

056-3.jpg

061-1.jpg

Then a good coat of stonechip

068-3.jpg

069-1.jpg

075-1.jpg

077-2.jpg

078-1.jpg

081-2.jpg

083-4.jpg

Should have the paint inside done by next weekend and i can finaly start final fitting stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update, the body shop is strugling to fit it in to get the engine bay and inside painted so iv not really done alot with it!

But it is now ready for paint inside and engine bay

045-6.jpg

046-4.jpg

062-3.jpg

Started playing with the dash, chopped out the centre, if you look back in the thread youl see the centre bit has loads of switchs in it for stereo, heater, dvd etc etc.

070-3.jpg

Holes for 16 switchs,

Ignition

fuel pump 1

fuel pump 2

fans bypass

side lights

dip beam

main beam

indicators

rear fog

wipers

screen wash

horn

heater

hazards

elec window

oil/intercooler/rad spray bar

075-2.jpg

A tray at the top to house boost controller, knock meter and gearbox oil temp gauge.

081-3.jpg

A load of elec parts orderd, fues boxs, relays, junction boxs, switchs etc etc

083-5.jpg

093-2.jpg

Finaly picked up sexy turboness!! GT35/86r with HTA billit comp wheel and WRC metal bearing case!

095-1.jpg

standard comp wheel

115.jpg

HTA wheel

098-1.jpg

100.jpg

102-1.jpg

125-1.jpg

The turbo even gets its own little oil filter!!

108.jpg

-10 oil return flange

112-1.jpg

Also took a trip up to EPRacing and collected some bits a bobs

Nardi wheel, snap off boss, oil temp gauge for gearbox and locking catchs for bonnet and boot, as its going to be road legal.

117-1.jpg

Also got this nice grill

119.jpg

And thanks to MrSteveo i now how a shifter extension :smokin:

129.jpg