Team Falken UK 650hp V35 Skyline (G35)

Polo

Ok, just going to copy from other forums and paste. this started about two months ago, if that!

Ok, hello :wave:

I wasnt going to start this thread yet but im soooo excited about the hole project i cant keep my mouth shut :D

S14 has gone to its new home :cry:, here is its replacement, considering iv never even looked at the chassis befor, just thoght "I want that one" and i know diddley squat about 2jz's iv got my work cut out!!!! Im not even sure if the engine will fit in the hole yet :wack: Thogh there is an rb26 left hooker knocking about that gives me some reasurance that things will kinda fit.

So i pic this up early next week :D ugly ****er aint it :wack:

!!svWQDw!m0~$(KGrHqMOKjME)Nsi1qhkBMfS4TJRbw~~_12.JPG

!!svWQJ!CG0~$(KGrHqIOKi!E)MmUjknMBMfS4YnKlw~~_12.JPG

Epracing have this Dmax kit on order

P5151033.jpg

P5151029.jpg

P5151025.jpg

So, plan is get the car on the ramp early next week and asses the chassise, steering and suspension, to see what iv let my self in for and see what can be done.

Then strip it down to a rolling shell, selling most of it :wack:, trial fit the 2jz then off to have a cage fitted.

Then its just a bit vauge from then on :D

Im set on a 2jz at 600hp and have one lined up but there is another engine potential also 600hp but 3.8ltr v6 twin turbo ;) Just got to work out if i can relisticly do that as it would with out doubt be one of the coolest modern drift cars!!

Watch this space, im sure its going to get interesting :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my mate to draw up my rollcage design tonight as i tryed it with pen and paper, it just wasnt working out lol :wack:

This is obv not to scale, its to purley show the design so i can pass it to the guy making the cage. Obv there will be gusets down the A and B post, along with tying it in any where that is close tot he body. The bar accross the floor will have a removable brace attached to the two spreader plates that will go under the gear box. Im not 100% sure i can run the front tubes exactly like this until i have the dash out and inspect the bulk head and turrets, it will also be a smaller diamiter tube and the main hoop a larger diamiter. Il most likely be adding in a few more tubes at the back to tie in to the rear subframe. Also the rear turrets will be getting extra plates as il be converting the rear suspension to coil spring over damper.

006-11.jpg

005-8.jpg

008-10.jpg

Ok, collected the car last night and headed to Garage-D to collect the front sump needed for the conversion and the prop.

003-10.jpg

While there we chucked it on the ramp to inspect the chassis, see what could be done etc.

We mesured the wheel base and its 12" longer than an s14!!! Thogh the car may not be longer the G35 has hardly any over hang. Its also 2" wider.

Other things i noticed wer its got a saloon type boo where the window stays down unlike a Z. Also on the way back i found its got DVD player and TV lol. And its got twin front lower arms like the modern BMW's, Jags Audi etc, i thoght they had one solid lower arm.

Back at HQ this morn, the last pics youl see of it looking like a normal car and the 1st!

004-13.jpg

005-9.jpg

006-12.jpg

007-11.jpg

008-11.jpg

009-8.jpg

010-11.jpg

011-7.jpg

012-10.jpg

015-8.jpg

This also arived, masive thanks to Christy (Carpo)

017-9.jpg

018-7.jpg

025-6.jpg

So i got the turbos off tonight, what a job that is, you think getting an sr turbo off is a job, think again lol

027-2.jpg

this little lot has got to weigh 30kg at least!!!

031-4.jpg

So, im using the car this week and think il strip it sat, so if any one knows any one wanting any parts, please put them this way.

Time for updates, lots done, il let the pics do the talking as norm.

The 2j got stripped some more, ready for new shiney manifolds

011-8.jpg

cheapy cheap ebay fuel rail, will be getting modified for two feeds and one return in the centre.

016-8.jpg

Stripped out the front end, this is fibre glass, its the slam panel, holds the rad, lights bumper, etc etc etc, nice and light also prety strong.

019-7.jpg

025-8.jpg

026-5.jpg

033-3.jpg

See how clean it is

038-6.jpg

2j front sump, seing whats the best option

034-4.jpg

Front sump defo the better option, so on it went

041-3.jpg

047-3.jpg

fuel rail, will be getting modified for two feeds and one return in the centre.

016-8.jpg

Stripped out the front end, this is fibre glass, its the slam panel, holds the rad, lights bumper, etc etc etc, nice and light also prety strong.

019-7.jpg

025-8.jpg

026-5.jpg

033-3.jpg

See how clean it is

038-6.jpg

2j front sump, seing whats the best option

034-4.jpg

Front sump defo the better option, so on it went

041-3.jpg

047-3.jpg

Then time for trial fit, its resting on wood ATM, im going to try get it back 2 inch and down 1.

050-2.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/P0l0200sxy/05 time for trial fit, its resting on wood ATM, im going to try get it back 2 inch and down 1.

050-2.jpg

052-2.jpg

as is its about 4 inch forword of where the vq sat

057-1.jpg

062-1.jpg

066-2.jpg

ok time for an update, not a very big one as iv been so busy with work etc.

Some parts hve been ariving, inlet manifold with 80mm throttle but damaged in the fecking post!!:( New toyota bellhousing and some hockeypucks to make engine mounts from :D oh and a manual pedal box.

020-5.jpg

041-4.jpg

Back to the car, engine was sitting in but not happy with where its was and obv there is a hell of alot of junk that still needed stripping out

005-10.jpg

so out came tons of un-needed stuff

015-9.jpg

017-10.jpg

engine back out and more stripping and cutting to get the engine back in the car more

022-5.jpg

025-9.jpg

Then started the task of getting the dash, heater box and wire loom out, that lot weighs a ton!!

009-9.jpg

013-9.jpg

Then i had all the windows taken out ready for the cage

035-4.jpg

036-6.jpg

037-7.jpg

038-7.jpg

039-3.jpg

Sorry iv not updated this, iv been away and so has the car having the cage done. Not alot other than the cage, nothing interesting really, just stripping sound proofing!!!

Cars back from having cage fitted by Nickson Motorsport!

SAM_1005.jpg

SAM_1000.jpg

SAM_1023.jpg

SAM_0999.jpg

SAM_1024.jpg

SAM_1026.jpg

SAM_1027.jpg

SAM_1029.jpg

SAM_1033.jpg

SAM_1042.jpg

SAM_1050.jpg

SAM_1052.jpg

SAM_1058.jpg

Ok, time for an update, cast is off my arm now and feels loads better so its full steam ahead!!!

So got the car int he back of the workshop jacked up and sat level.

014-11.jpg

Front wings off ready for seam welding

018-8.jpg

019-10.jpg

Next was to get the right bellhousing on the box, get the box mounted to the motor and get the motor in the final posision! This took a good few maybe 4 hours to get right!!

011-9.jpg

022-7.jpg

Why it took so long was due to having to take in to account clearance on clutch master, steering colomn, sump, subframe, inlet and exhast manifolds.

024-6.jpg

029-5.jpg

039-4.jpg

Managed to get it quite far back, front pulley is flush with the front of the front wheels and the ARB (note back on the 1st few pages this is where the vq35 sat too. And that 3 cylinders shorter)

028-6.jpg

034-5.jpg

The bigest prob was the sump, this is how its going to sit, so im having to prety much make a new sump and modifie the pick up.

042-3.jpg

044-2.jpg

Got some steel bits from MrSteveo to make the mounts

046-3.jpg

So drilled a hole in the hoky pucks and got some washers to suite

047-4.jpg

etc etc

051-2.jpg

054-4.jpg

058-3.jpg

059-4.jpg

064-2.jpg

069.jpg

073-1.jpg

077-1.jpg

Gearbox mount

082-3.jpg

085-2.jpg

091-3.jpg

Neither the engine or gearbox mounts are finished yet, just fitted for now until iv made the sump, then once i take the motor back out to do the rest of the shell prep il finish the bracing on the mounts.

Started to make the sump, mesured it takes 5ltrs, so once im done i want it to hold as close to that as poss again.

096-1.jpg

097.jpg

101-1.jpg

102.jpg

Been at it again today, got the sump prety much finished! Left on of the sides open until iv made the new pick up, to make it easier. Also need to do a leak test on it once the welding is finished.

012-13.jpg

Phase two, make it hold 5ltrs again,

023-12.jpg

035-5.jpg

040-6.jpg

042-4.jpg

050-3.jpg

053.jpg

059-5.jpg

So i got the engine back out to sort the trany tunnel, slight bodding needed to clear the bellhousing.

064-3.jpg

070-2.jpg

Thats as far as i got! My angle grinder died so need a new one of them befor i continue, next it to trianglate the engine and gear box mounts. Then get the rest of the sound proofing out and start the seam welding.

This is the latest update, today, the others have mainly been over the last week since it came back from having the cage fitted.

Not really alot to update,

Seing as its and auto shell and its going to be manual, a little work is needed in this area. I managed to get a manual brake and clutch pedal from some one on another forum, but there was no where to really mount it like on s-bodies, also, i could not find a slave for a 350gt or z so im using an s14 one, so.................

011-10.jpg

Holes line up but itl put the cylinder on the ****,

013-10.jpg

015-10.jpg

016-10.jpg

Welded in a spreader plate as the bulk head is soo flexable

020-6.jpg

welded in some studs to make fitting easier

024-7.jpg

In the car

027-3.jpg

031-6.jpg

Managed to pic up this accusump and a load of -12 fittings for pennies,

i done the sums and new this lot is very close to £1k!!!!

033-5.jpg

then got on with getting the shite proofing out!!!

037-9.jpg

039-5.jpg

:#1: Great log of what's going on with the car. What I couldn't get my breath over was the removal of the dashboard area.... all those screws and plastic bits and bobs, how the hell do you manage all of the bits and pieces.

I've always had a screw or two left over, or missing.... it's a nightmare to manage. I wouldn't dare invision the pile of screws and bolts you have after removing the interior etc!! Although I guess a lot of the interior won't be going back in, but still!!

Thanks every one :) il be updating soon but not got alot to show TBH, spent the last few weeks just removing the sound proofing and prepping for seam welding!! What a job!! All going well the shell will be seam welded and preped ready for paint over the weekend.

:#1: Great log of what's going on with the car. What I couldn't get my breath over was the removal of the dashboard area.... all those screws and plastic bits and bobs, how the hell do you manage all of the bits and pieces.

I've always had a screw or two left over, or missing.... it's a nightmare to manage. I wouldn't dare invision the pile of screws and bolts you have after removing the interior etc!! Although I guess a lot of the interior won't be going back in, but still!!

LOL, no not alot is going back in, only the dash skin and thats about it. Its not too hard to strip, just use a power tool like a power screw driver.