fuel costs

varley16

lol I keep seeing this in reviews and everything... not the best fuel economy on the Zed, but sounds like a good trade off to me for what im getting just now... I currently have the 06' 2.0SE hyundai coupe and i only get about 300 a tank... I can get rid of £30 in a day if i felt like being stupid... crap mpg for a crappy 145bhp or crappy mpg for near enough 300bhp... god damn hurry up...only 4 months and i can start hunting for the beast! Tbh I can't wait to come on here and moan how I'm not getting good economy... cos' I'll know I'll be havin' a blast while the money explodes out the back of the exhausts! :teeth: heh

Agree on all the economy comments.

Don't buy this type of car if you are worried about fuel uasge. To be frank, and please don't take offense, its a silly question. It has a 3.5 litre V6 petrol, it will never be a frugal car, no matter how you drive it.

It'll drive you potty watching the fuel gauge all the time. Not only that you won't enjoy it.

What's the point in have a car like this if you can't open the taps when you want.

Accept it for what it is and then you will fall in love every morning when you hear that V6 bark into life ;)

I know I do.

Bradders.

Don't buy this type of car if you are worried about fuel uasge. To be frank, and please don't take offense, its a silly question. It has a 3.5 litre V6 petrol, it will never be a frugal car, no matter how you drive it.

It'll drive you potty watching the fuel gauge all the time. Not only that you won't enjoy it.

What's the point in have a car like this if you can't open the taps when you want.

Accept it for what it is and then you will fall in love every morning when you hear that V6 bark into life ;)

I know I do.

Bradders.

I agree, mines just for fun .. no commuting or anything yet I still seem to watch the guage like a hawk and worry about it blah blah... I think I'm going to stick a nice big sticker over the fuel guage so I can't see it and drive until the fuel light comes on then fill up :doh::yahoo:

I know I do.

Bradders.

I agree, mines just for fun .. no commuting or anything yet I still seem to watch the guage like a hawk and worry about it blah blah... I think I'm going to stick a nice big sticker over the fuel guage so I can't see it and drive until the fuel light comes on then fill up :doh::yahoo:

The Celica T-Sport I had, a mere 1800 cc only got 3mpg more than the Zed. I've been pleasantly surprised by fuel consumption, much better than The 2.8i Capri I had in the 80's

Pete

The Celica T-Sport I had, a mere 1800 cc only got 3mpg more than the Zed. I've been pleasantly surprised by fuel consumption, much better than The 2.8i Capri I had in the 80's

Pete

To be fair, I had an L200 warrior before the zed and I think that probably cost more on fuel than the zed and obviously no where near as fun! So in retrospect the zeds fuel economy is pretty darn good!

I usually put around £60-£70 every 7 days. Weekends I don't go far and my commute is queuing to get on the motorway in stop/start, a few junctions of motorways followed by dual carriageway and a few more bits of town/stop/start traffic. I get around 25mpg when driven like this. If I go out at the weekend and there's less traffic, probably closer to 22. I drove to Cambridge t'other day and got around 28.5mpg. Not too bad for what it is, but town traffic does kill it to below 20mpg. Scary stuff.

It is a sports car with a large capacity V6, and it's designed to be economical, but enjoyable. Which it is, apart from the running costs!

I quite often think about getting something more economical for the commute but then I remember why I bought the Zed - so I was driving a car I enjoyed. It doesn't make sense to me (right now) to have to drive a car I don't like and on the odd occasion drive my Zed. I can kind of afford it now so I'm doing it. It's not big, it's not vlever, and it certainly ain't cheap, but I like it :#1:

So my commute is 11 miles both ways, so 22 miles a day. Its from south london into central london.

In the mornings, i do this commute around 530-6am, so i can hold a steady speed and theres no/little traffic meaning I can get about 21-23mpg MAX (been doing it for 4 months and 22.9mpg is my current record!)

On the way back in the evenings there is a lot more traffic, and so a lot of stop start...best I ever get there is 19mpg.

I've NEVER got higher than 22.9mpg!! :-D

I pay about £50 a week in petrol, although that does include some weekend driving, but if its 'spirited' driving you do on weekends (like you should!), then whatever petrol is left by friday night will be gone by saturday morning!

Hope that helps!

i suggest to get an accurate average to reset the monitor for various sections of driving. Overall I get about 21 BUT today I did a section of PRIVATE ROAD and got ave speed: 105 ave mpg: 27

At the end of the day I had ave speed 42 and ave mpg 24.

I reset before vartious points when I go out to play so get an ave of various road types.

Only out of curiosity..... more interested in the position of the rev counter needle..... :thumbs:

i could work this out, but the figures released for fuel consumption are never right. so i want your opinions on a realistic cost of fuel.

my daily drive is slow moving traffic for about half of my 8 mile trip to work each day, so 16 miles a day is what i do for 5 days a week, roughly what would be the cost of fuel for my monthly trip to work?

may be hard to judge, but dont know what these cars are like with fuel as i have not got one yet.

thanks for any help.

My daily commute's very similar to this, but I do an extra 2 miles on top of yours. I use £30 a week on £1.29 p/l BP Ultimate, not entirely sure of the MPG as my computer's still in Japanese mode lol & only does Kilometres per pint or something :blush: but that's usually between 7.6-9

Fuelled up beginning of this week at a different station to my normal one, still only a few miles away though. Almost had a heart attack when I saw the price - £1.49 PER LITRE!!!!!! 20p more, both BP, separated by a couple of miles . . . .