Motoring Magazines

ben@RARE RIMS

We're contemplating sponsorship and advertising for 2011.

To help budget, we are trying to figure which magazines people actually read, and which they really dont.

So, which do you read, and which dont you read?

Thanks for any feedback :) I am sure generally it's an interesting topic anyway, budgets and nonsense aside ;)

I read Car and Evo, but Car is by far and away the best motoring magazine out they a country mile right now. The quality of both the writing and the photography is on another level to the others, and they get noticeably more exclusives recently. Evo is a shadow of what it used to be, however it has improved from the shambles it was 6 months ago.

Evo, CAR and then Jap Performance/Banzai (depending on whats featured).

CAR was a fab mag back in the 80's but its never really recovered to those heights - I still have most of my CAR mags dating from circa 1984 onwards. Its amazing to think what was once considered a supercar wouldn't see what way a Zed went these days. 200bhp was big big power back then.

I recently read Octane when in the dentist and enjoyed it quite a lot. It had a piece on the history and reviews of all the TVR models, Porsche comparisons and classics too. (I like my classics). It's a much more down to Earth kind of mag, rahter than the lottery winners mags like Evo.

I do buy Evo quite often, I think it's well written. Top Gear has too many exclamaition marks for my liking. It's one small step from being txt speak. :dry:

EVO & Autocar :shrug: Every so often Total Nissan/Total Nissan/Banzai if the club or a member is in them

More importantly have a think about what most of the (male) member's partners read...how can you reach them ?? After all they're the ones that give the final go ahead for big spends - and they want ideas what to buy for birthday's and Xmas :lol:

I recently read Octane when in the dentist and enjoyed it quite a lot. It had a piece on the history and reviews of all the TVR models, Porsche comparisons and classics too. (I like my classics). It's a much more down to Earth kind of mag, rahter than the lottery winners mags like Evo.

I do buy Evo quite often, I think it's well written. Top Gear has too many exclamaition marks for my liking. It's one small step from being txt speak. :dry:

+ 1 - Octane is a great magazine, photography is very good and the articles are a lot more interesting than most, I love my classics too (that's mainly down to the old man) and the Porsche comparison was a good article, shot in Cardiff as well :)

I rarely read magazines though, I have a subscription Mens Health though, I like to think I'm healthy :lol: