Help required, should i stay or go?

sparky370z

i have a dilemma........

i have recently been told that i will not be able to drive the Zed for perhaps quite a while. reason being is that i have been diagnosed with breast and bone cancer. they have found a collapsed vertebra (T 11) and will have to put some sort of scaffolding in my back.

so my car costs about 500 per month to keep, but i think that could be better spent. my work have said that i have full pay for however long i need (they have been awesome) but i might not be able to drive her for months.

so do i,

a) sell up and get another in a few months, and save up for the mods i wanted

B) let her sit there and pay for the time being.

cheers people

Sparky

Jezus!!!!!!!! sorry to hear that.

From a purely financial perspective that car is costing you £500 per mth to sit there doing nothing - you might as well get rid and get another when your better. If it takes 6-12 months to get better then your looking at 3k to 6k that you save up and put towards a new Zed - you sell now you might actually end up with a better spec Zed at the end of it?

However before you do this and given the massivley demoralising situation with your health - will you feel like your giving in to the big C? If so the car might actually be more of a motivating factor to help you pull through (depending on how attatched you are to it).

Either way keep your chin up! :thumbs:

So sorry to hear this. Obviously your health is the most important thing. How attached to the car are you? I know that mine keeps a smile on my face and being able to drive it again when well would certainly be a motivating factor. How do you feel about it? I'd give yourself some time to think about it and whether the financial issue is a factor etc.

I wish you all the best for a full recovery and please keep us all updated and let us give you some moral support or any other help you need. :console:

Awful news, I wish you all the best in the coming months :(

Get rid of the car. No point having it if you can't drive it, and the money you save could go towards either a better car or an amazing holiday. As much as I love cars, I'd bin mine in a heartbeat if I could something better with the money.

thanks for all the kind messages guys. i am fine with it, just gotta get on with it.

TBH, i am quite attached to the car but ricey makes a valid point. it could be 3k - 6k being wasted.

could stick it up and see what happens.

nah, prob about £400 per month. just added it up a bit wrong.

wishing you a full and quick recovery.......on a personal note my zed kept me going knowing i d be able to drive it again soon.been off since july and should be able to drive again in october.so i d stay hang onto to it.

Sparky, Sorry to hear the news :( Hope you get well quickly!!

As for keeping the zed.. it is awesome, but at the end of the day it's just a car. I think you should do whatever you feel you are going to be most comfortable with. There will always be plenty of zeds out there to buy later if you sell!

In fact sell it, then celebrate your full recovery later by buying a 370z !!!

Buster... thought I hadn't seen your zed about for a while, hope all is well!

Sparky, seems like you are dealing with things. And that's good. I don't know how the cancer wards operate over there, but I'm presuming it might be similar to here, we're you're all in a room in chairs or a ward with beds in, and they feed the concoction in. Anyway, it's an oddly supportive thing you are about to experience.

Just about everyone we went through with, had something to focus on, and it helps and obviously so does support of family and friends. Mind over matter helps a great deal & helps to maintain a good mental attitude. Attitude is everything with this.

Ultimately find something to focus on, and keep thinking about that, whether it be the Zeddy or something else, that you'd like to do or want in the future. :thumbs:

hang on, how about declaring it SORN right now and also canceling the insurance on the Zed, if you then store it on your drive, then surely the cost of not driving the Zed will fall quite a bit.

Surely the Zed would still need some sort of insurance, even if it's not driven. It probably still needs to be driven around the block etc periodically so thing don't seize up.

Sparky, as everyone has said previously I'm sorry to hear the news. Hope you have a quick recovery and as mentioned something to focus on will help you through. Regarding this, I'd say to sell the Zed and pocket the money for something when you can drive again Looking would keep me on my toes and give me something to look forward to, is that the same with you?

In place of the Zed being your main focus, try and find something you can focus on.

Hi, very sorry to hear your news, my wife has just gone through Breast cancer treatment so we know a bit of your worries,Laraine was back driving in a few weeks but you have the back problem too so very good luck, I would keep the car if you are happy with it and the money you save on fuel will pay for your mods. GOOD luck and all the best Dave & Laraine x :thumbs: