Regrets -What mods have you regretted and why?

Husky

Cousins from across the water have this thread and reading it is probably one of the most valuable reads out there for what to avoid! We all make mistakes or buy the wrong thing from time to time.

US regret thread

for me it was the hiro wheels sungodra now has, i bought them without much thinking and the design of them ended up not being to my taste. Daves done a great job with them now though and they look B) so happy ending!

Carbon fibre B pillar covers

One fell off next to the car luckily, put it back on completely covering the cover and it came off again but this time on the dual carriage way never to be found....

Took four hours to pull the adhesive off the B pillar and now both my B pillars are no longer shiney and look dull and a bit sad...

No more carbon fibre for me :thumbdown:

ARC intake - hugely expensive for minimal gains :blush:

Carbon rear strut cover - crap fit & ended up in a million pieces

Carbon lip cover - see above

Carbon vent covers - cheap & nasty

Utec - cost me £400 to find out it didnt work :thumbdown:

N/a mods in general, should have stayed stock & gone fi sooner

Carbon fibre B pillar covers

One fell off next to the car luckily, put it back on completely covering the cover and it came off again but this time on the dual carriage way never to be found....

Took four hours to pull the adhesive off the B pillar and now both my B pillars are no longer shiney and look dull and a bit sad...

No more carbon fibre for me :thumbdown:

I put DI-NOC on mine and it was easy peasy, looks great, and has no chance in hell of coming off!

I think all the MODs on the forum are okay - okay some can be a bit picky about spam!! Oh Mod's :lol: modifications.... (only kidding)

I haven't yet purchased a mod that I have regreted. I think if you put enough time and effort into research you can't go wrong. The forum is a great tool, the 2nd is a reputable garage that understand the right and wrong for the car - such as my experience with Abbey.

If I had to say one particular mod could have been taken differently, then I'd say the NOS.

There is a good reason for this.

I am greedy for power. I am otherwise restricted with how much NOS power I apply via the jets. I have been advised by Abbey the amount of torque I am currently producing remains safe, although is somehow different to the torque delivered by a SC or Turbo.

I want the turbo power, but can't do so because of this torque restriction. I'm guessing because NOS is direct power in one lump, the strain can cause issues, where the SC or Turbo increases it's torque levels as the revs increase. Thus generating less strain?

So had I not spent a fair few £'s on the NOS I would probably have gone down the SC route. Especially after hearing Nurrish's SC - I fell in love (not with Nurrish!! :blink: )

Although I am very happy with my NOS - I just can't resist wanting more power.

tarmac is reading the thread :lol: carbon b pillar covers per chance :lol:

:lol:

;)

:lol:

im on the fence about regretting my plenum spacer. it didnt come with all the parts or insturctions so it buggered up on install and cracked my plenum. then had an air leak round the 6 middle bolts (it might still have a small one) and is so tall that (i think) my strut bar is interfering with my bonnet, I cant lower the bar at all or it hits the engine. should i take it off, hmmmmmmmmmmm

not really regret the mods as such as i did like them, but more the fact of settling on things and not pushing myself for the mods i really wanted.

like powder coating wheels instead of buying the rims i really wanted

or holding out for a CF plenum that never materialised - the whole process of waiting put me off the car as it brought other issues to light.

i kind of regretted the car, i could never get it how i wanted to. i couldn't get the sound out of it i wanted regardless of mods.

i kind of regretted the car for its difficulty to mod; not that you couldn't mod it, but it always just seemed to be a pain; NA mods never really got gains and some things were just not worth it like manifolds. so easy on other cars but a ballache on the zed.

HKS Coilovers would be mine, alot of money on full adjustable height and dampening....I havent touched them since the day they were put on!

If i tracked my car I could justify having such an expensive suspension setup but as I dont I should have just stick with the Eibach Springs I originally had!

Pop charger.. waste of money, Stock box with decent panel filter is much better, i get to here more of my scorpion exhaust :) and theres more pull in the stock box,

next will be a remap, but in some ways thats a waste if you do minimal miles a year.

Pop charger.. waste of money, Stock box with decent panel filter is much better, i get to here more of my scorpion exhaust :) and theres more pull in the stock box,

next will be a remap, but in some ways thats a waste if you do minimal miles a year.

more fun in those miles though ;)

Pop charger.. waste of money, Stock box with decent panel filter is much better

Agree with that completely but I paid £109 for mine and sold it 6 months later for £65 :thumbs: They never stay 'For Sale' for very long! They are a very good first Mod for the sound alone especially if you have stock exhaust. Easy to fit and easy to take off again when you realise what you and I both did :doh:

The two mods I've done on my car which I don't like are the black stripe on the wing mirrors and the other was the pop charger that stayed on for just a day :lol:

Other then that I had a few issues with the mods I've done but have all been more or less sorted now and love the look and sound of my car. :teeth:

Next thing for me Is a remap :thumbs:

Edit: oh and carbon b pillars.... They are kack :thumbdown: