Regrets -What mods have you regretted and why?

Husky

19" nismo wheels as i should have stopped messing about with lovely looking stuff and just sorted the car out for track... Big Phil advised me not to buy them and buy them in the same sentence, very convincing man.. :)

Guess the stubby aerial was a mistake as i dont have a radio...

camber bolts still in the pack never needed (as i need more than they can give)

Removing the weight in the boot before i got a cf boot because it hit me on the head when i undid one of the screws and ive not been the same since... :blackeye:

Regret spending money on the front heated windscreen to get it cracked off the start line in the first race it was fitted in, but i now have another :thumbs:

Guess the stubby aerial was a mistake as i dont have a radio...

Regret spending money on the front heated windscreen to get it cracked off the start line in the first race it was fitted in, but i now have another :thumbs:

Love the stubby aerial - classic!!

I wasn't aware that you could get a heated screen version for the Zed - my god - that was my favourite feature of my old Focus!! (Thinking about it the only decent feature!)

not massively legal afaik as i think ford own the copyright on that, but it doesnt stop them from existing for all manor of cars :)

on the track its excellent, although only half of mine works (as its done in two halves) if i had a passenger, or even a passenger seat they would be able to see perfectly...

i cant tell you whether it is legal on a road going car that isnt a ford, i might be completely wrong and loads of manafacturers might use them... :shrug:

Only thing I regret is probably the carbon covers on B-Pillars. They don't really sit perfectly and quality isn't the greatest (although I think that's more down to me preffering the dry carbon look). Can't really take them off without messing them up I don't think.

Those Aluminium vent trims were utter dog @*!#! The metal wouldn't stay curved in line with the dash and the glue wasn't strong enough to hold down a gnat's pube, which mean't they kept pinging off leaving vile glue residue :angry::angry::angry:

And they were about £50 a set back in 2005 :scare:

I agree those CF pillars are total Tottenham.

Not a mod I know, but I bought one of those 350z watches off ebay once. It was so @*!# I opened the packet and put the watch in the bin in one movement. Please don't tell anyone... They'll talk about me.

:doh:

Hahaha!! That's tickled me then! :lol:

What a superb thread! It's really good to hear what to stay away from.

Does my Zed count? I wish I had waited and looked on here before I bought my Zed as it came with "issues" and wrong colour seats! Bought new seats and still waiting to get my warranty work done! :wacko:

I agree those CF pillars are total Tottenham.

Not a mod I know, but I bought one of those 350z watches off ebay once. It was so @*!# I opened the packet and put the watch in the bin in one movement. Please don't tell anyone... They'll talk about me.

:doh:

Hahaha!! That's tickled me then! :lol:

What a superb thread! It's really good to hear what to stay away from.

Does my Zed count? I wish I had waited and looked on here before I bought my Zed as it came with "issues" and wrong colour seats! Bought new seats and still waiting to get my warranty work done! :wacko:

Im with you there buddy.... Mine has'nt given me issues as such "touch wood" but I wish I had researched what I was buying..... I literally saw it on Autotrader, took for a test drive and bought it there and then.... I didnt even know there were GT packs and GT4s, I just thought they were all the same... Anyways 2 years down the line and I still love, she's my baby :cloud9:

I kind of wish I'd bought a JDM model or atleast not a GT Pack car seeing as theres nothing left of the GT pack :lol:

you wish YOU hadnt brought a GT pack, i think i win that clearly!

I wish i hadnt brought an 06 mint GT with 6k on the clock :)

Still, love it to bits :teeth:

I kind of wish I'd bought a JDM model or atleast not a GT Pack car seeing as theres nothing left of the GT pack :lol:

:lol::lol:

And i thank you Steve mate! :thumbs:

:lol::lol:

And i thank you Steve mate! :thumbs:

haha chris no worries, at least something good came out of it in that all those bits arnt collecting dust :)