How many points do you have on your licence?

Nik

Damn those speed cameras, I got another 3 points on my licence today, 6 in total now, uff! :doh:

Got my first 3 on my bike when i first had it. Took me a couple of weeks to realise I couldn't do 30mph in 3rd gear, only 40 plus. That was almost 3 years ago so hopefully they'll be removed soon.

Last week got flashed doing 61 in a 50, having followed someone for nearly 10 miles doing 35 on a national speed limit road. Impatient to get to where i was going, I over-took them as soon as we hit the dual carriageway and flash-flash, it got me. These Zeds are so smooth and quick, its suprising how fast you can go without realising. Stupid of me really, I'm normally so cautious, I even use cruise control in 30 zones so I don't stray over the limit!

How many points you got, and anyone any advice avoiding more?

:D tomtom with speed cams loaded,dont even need to put on screen,just put it on the centre con & it will bleep when approaching 1,as 4 points, in 25tears ive had well over 100,street racing ect,very stupid in my teens/20s & i do regret now,never dd or speed cams & very proud nothing for 5yrs(touching big bit of wood). I dont mind speed cams but my major issue is why cant they fine you a couple of hundred instead of 3 points,people are for example losing there licence,job & thousands in loss of earnings for doing 50 in a 40 4 times in 3 years,seems to harsh,dole dodger's milk thousands,get caught then have to pay back a fiver a wk out of there BENIFITS!!!! :bang::bang::bang:

Was up to 9 back in 05 :blush: But non since and should now be on 0 :yahoo:

There is hope for me yet, I don't plan on getting 9, but it has made me wonder what the heck would I do if I got banned :headhurt:

@dyla350z, I've got one of Nurrishes sat navs on the way, I think that has cameras loaded on it. Should help me avoid any more stupidity :thumbs:

Zero but not quite sure how :blush:

Not to worry Liam, next thread along will ask how many times people have been banned so you'll get on the score sheet then :p:lol:

Oh, and I'm a 0 on both counts, just pure luck, helped when the +1 speed monitor is on board :blush:

:D tomtom with speed cams loaded,dont even need to put on screen,just put it on the centre con & it will bleep when approaching 1,as 4 points, in 25tears ive had well over 100,street racing ect,very stupid in my teens/20s & i do regret now,never dd or speed cams & very proud nothing for 5yrs(touching big bit of wood). I dont mind speed cams but my major issue is why cant they fine you a couple of hundred instead of 3 points,people are for example losing there licence,job & thousands in loss of earnings for doing 50 in a 40 4 times in 3 years,seems to harsh,dole dodger's milk thousands,get caught then have to pay back a fiver a wk out of there BENIFITS!!!! :bang::bang::bang:

Totally agree, its a shame drivers get so severely punished for straying a bit over the speed limit in most cases.

I dont condone speeding, as I realise the potential danger it can cause. However you dont leave a bar of gold in the middle of a bank, and punish people cos they could potentially take it??

Its just weird to me, I just think the people who are wreckless, and do kill, should be made examples of, like any justice system should do.

No one steals in the middle east, not cos of fines, but the ones that have, get there hands chopped off!

Zero for me...had 6 until recently, 3 for doing 79 in a 60 zone and 3 for.... cough cough ...parking on a pedestrian crossing! THE SHAME! :blush:

Since getting the Zed I drive a lot more sensibly, can't imagine anything worse than losing your licence and being unable to drive it! :bang:

0 for me at the moment, but i was lucky enough to be offered the speed awareness course. (37 in a 30)

Either 3 points and £60 fine, or £105 to sit down and talk about stopping distances, then derive a crappy french diesel around for 2 hours.....with no further records of the offence

Needless to say i did the course!

(FYI - Static cameras allow the speedlimit +10% +2mph)

Currently have ZERO points which has been that way for about six years. My very first speeding ticket was 6 points and a £330 fine, and that was 17 years ago. The copper said do you know how fast you were going and i said no officer. This was because my speedo cable had snapped. It was 4am and the other 2 cars in tow was all going to France for the day and was late for the boat so we floored it. The copper said he was following me for the last five miles (it was dark and thought it was my mate behind). My speed varied from 125 to 135mph. I felt stupid for not realising it was not my mate but they shared the same headlights vauxhall Carlton and Senator. So it was my bad luck. I was lucky to get away with 6 points. In total I've collected 21 points and a six month ban for totting!

I'm a good boy now :teeth:

anyone any advice avoiding more?

Look at the speedo? Sorry, no sympathy here if that was a genuine question.

If you don't want points/fines, don't speed. If people stopped doing it then they'd have to take the cameras down as they'd lose a fortune. Save the speed for the track, it's not worth saving a measly 5 mins on your journey for.