so england didnt make it.............

LRF4N

boratthumbsup.jpg

SUCCESSSS!!!!!

im glad engurland didnt go any further- not cos of the team im a fan of rooney and gerrard and on their day england can be a pleasure to watch but its the media the rest of the uk hate

before a ball was kicked they had won the world cup and when they were almost on a plane back after their first 2 games everyone was slating them but after they made it into the last 16 all of a sudden the media convinced themselves england had won the world cup.....again...... and that germany would be a walk over.....wrong!!! john motson summed it up after the argentina game- they hadnt performed in 4 matches......so why such big expectations??

and i lost count of how many times they mention 1966 within 5 mins of listening to the game. i cant get my head round why they keep mentioning it tho........ 44yrs since they won it and they havent reclaimed it...... surely thats an insult not a compliment?

cue the slating!!!! :ninja:

boratthumbsup.jpg

SUCCESSSS!!!!!

im glad engurland didnt go any further- not cos of the team im a fan of rooney and gerrard and on their day england can be a pleasure to watch but its the media the rest of the uk hate

before a ball was kicked they had won the world cup and when they were almost on a plane back after their first 2 games everyone was slating them but after they made it into the last 16 all of a sudden the media convinced themselves england had won the world cup.....again...... and that germany would be a walk over.....wrong!!! john motson summed it up after the argentina game- they hadnt performed in 4 matches......so why such big expectations??

and i lost count of how many times they mention 1966 within 5 mins of listening to the game. i cant get my head round why they keep mentioning it tho........ 44yrs since they won it and they havent reclaimed it...... surely thats an insult not a compliment?

cue the slating!!!! :ninja:

+1

Welsh and wanted England to do well but my god, I was sick of all the above! My opinion is that England just didn't play as a team. No bonding and to much rivalry. I cant stand the likes of Lampard and Cole!! I'm a Liverpool supporter and I heard some news about Gerrard that would certainly put his mind off the game...... :ninja:

I thought - if England win the World Cup - where can I go to get some peace ?

They lost - I am still wondering - where can I go to get some peace ?

ENUF !!!! :rant:

S.

+1

Unfortunately I am off to Germany today..... doubt I will get any peace there :lol:

deserved it, dont really care tbh they were just crap. buyt i just dont get how we can have so many young talented players, but they cant play together?

As for 44 years, thats only 11 tournaments ago. look at wimbledon which is held every year.

Last English Men's Singles: Frederick John Perry won the Men's Singles Championship in 1936.

Last English Ladies Singles: Virginia Wade in 1977.

Last English Mixed Doubles: Jeremy Bates and Jo Durie in 1987.

The most recent being 23 years ago. thats 23 tounaments ago, not 11 that the world cup has been. look at the singles, 33 years ago and 74 years ago for the mens singles, 74 tournaments ago! English football only 11...

I thought - if England win the World Cup - where can I go to get some peace ?

They lost - I am still wondering - where can I go to get some peace ?

ENUF !!!! :rant:

S.

+1

Unfortunately I am off to Germany today..... doubt I will get any peace there :lol:

+2 :doh:

deserved it, dont really care tbh they were just crap. buyt i just dont get how we can have so many young talented players, but they cant play together?

As for 44 years, thats only 11 tournaments ago. look at wimbledon which is held every year.

Last English Men's Singles: Frederick John Perry won the Men's Singles Championship in 1936.

Last English Ladies Singles: Virginia Wade in 1977.

Last English Mixed Doubles: Jeremy Bates and Jo Durie in 1987.

The most recent being 23 years ago. thats 23 tounaments ago, not 11 that the world cup has been. look at the singles, 33 years ago and 74 years ago for the mens singles, 74 tournaments ago! English football only 11...

if you take into account that "england" also play an international game almost every year like the euros etc, then its alot more than 11 tournaments that they haven't one since. i think they have won 1 euro cup.

at least with the tennis we usually have a british person in the finals almost every year or the semi's

english rugby has been going a similiar amount of times as the football for international competition, and they've won more trophies in the same time period.

not really bothered about the footy or the tennis. wish there was less hype about mediocrity

at least with the tennis we usually have a british person in the finals almost every year or the semi's

He's Scottish pal, lets keep things separate eh? ;)

he's still part of great Britain if you like it or not ;) until i see complete devolution and full Scottish independence then your British through and through. :lol:

He's Scottish pal, lets keep things separate eh? ;)

he's still part of great Britain if you like it or not ;) until i see complete devolution and full Scottish independence then your British through and through. :lol:

In a typical English fashion he is British while doing well and Scottish when he loses!! :lol: To be honest I wish Scotland would have been in the world cup rather than England. As a massive football fan and player it pains me to say it but thank god they are out now, should be ashamed and think about how much they earn!!

i'm only half english got an australian passport as well,

i see myself as british not english as both my passports are from places in the british empire where the queeen is the head of state. and my "british" passport actually says "british" not "english" i support all the british teams when they play internationally. and our last top player, good old greg was canadian :lol:

:yawn:

Boring... As for that Scottish tennis player... You can keep him up there for me :dry: the mardy twonk ... everyone I know including myself thinks he is a miserable boring pillock with about as much carisma as a cabbage leaf :thumbdown:

As for the pay debate :yawn: Its pretty much the same for all players in all teams 'France and Italy' too and they didnt get past the group stages.... Its not the players fault that clubs pay them soo much... Blimey if a rival company offered me copious amounts of cash to join them I wouldnt turn it down... but yes I agree they are overpaid... That will never change and its a world wide debate not just England...

If all the press and commentors came on saying 'england have got no chance, thay havent won anything for 44 years and the current crop of players are all crap' what would peoples reactions be then :shrug: ....... For all the non English fans complaining I do see your point as I wouldnt want your countries team bigged up by the press etc , but to be fair I just wouldnt watch it or read about it....

To the English that say im glad we got knocked out or I want them to do crap then you guys are just pathetic and should be ashamed........ If your a true fan (which you obviously are not) :boxing: of any team then its in your blood, you support them through thick and thin no matter what....

Don't get me wrong im as dissapointed as anyone in the England team but the Euro Quals start soon and I will be backing them all the way :drunk:

Boring... As for that Scottish tennis player... You can keep him up there for me :dry: the mardy twonk ... everyone I know including myself thinks he is a miserable boring pillock with about as much carisma as a cabbage leaf :thumbdown:

That's not very nice, he's a good tennis player, but he's been through a lot. You forget half his school was wiped out by a crazed gunman when he was just a kid, hiding under the table. Maybe that effected his charisma....Don't pick on him!

That's not very nice, he's a good tennis player, but he's been through a lot. You forget half his school was wiped out by a crazed gunman when he was just a kid, hiding under the table. Maybe that effected his charisma....Don't pick on him!

I dont like the guy im afraid.... Im not picking on him I just don't like him so don't try to make me feel guilty about what happened when he was a kid....

Jermaine Defoe's had a rough time losing a family member, Steve Gerrard is going through a rough time.. it didnt stop you picking on my England team so nah nah :p:boxing:

I dont like the guy im afraid.... Im not picking on him I just don't like him so don't try to make me feel guilty about what happened when he was a kid....

Jermaine Defoe's had a rough time losing a family member, Steve Gerrard is going through a rough time.. it didnt stop you picking on my England team so nah nah :p:boxing:

I'm only jesting. He does have about as much personality as a piece of wet carpet I agree.

Do you reckon he would have that bird if he wasn't ranked number 3 or whatever he is? He's an ugly guy.

Pretty good at tennis tho, doubt he will ever conquer Federer mind you.

Perhaps now when we watch the football we will get news and interviews from the teams actually playing in the match being covered.

I was getting fed up that no matter what match I have tuned in to watch, when they go back to the studio it always would end up talking about Englands next match and some interview with an England player.

Now we can get down to the football, well after we get another day or two about the goal that never was.

It also absolutely baffles me why the commentators are so biased, when you watch the Champions league or Uefa cup the commentators are not this biased so why just when it's England?

For the first goal all you got was that is a goal you see at Sunday league football up and down the country, but if that was Rooney who got on the end of a big punt by James it would have been, he out muscled the defender and positioned himself brilliantly....

I'm only jesting. .

Me too bud :p:lol:

Do you reckon he would have that bird if he wasn't ranked number 3 or whatever he is? He's an ugly guy.

Nope... When your famous you can get laid a piece of pi$$.... ask Frank Skinner or read his book :wacko:

I have seen fitter tho, if I was famous I would bang as many fit birds as poss every day :#1::bounce:

Andy-Murray-Kim-Sears-9-08.jpg

I think even if you arent a football fan you have to admit on paper we have one of the best teams - apparently its the 3rd most expensive, and players like Rooney, Gerard, Lampard and Terry would walk into any team, anywhere. Its therefore pretty reasonable to expect that we would at least be in with a shout :thumbs:

Unfortunately I think Capello made some shockingly bad tactical decisions for a manager of his calibre and the players themselves just didnt seem up for it. Great shame, particularly for those that travelled out there - noticed after the game last night not one player thanked the fans for their support which is pretty rough IMO.

I think even if you arent a football fan you have to admit on paper we have one of the best teams - apparently its the 3rd most expensive, and players like Rooney, Gerard, Lampard and Terry would walk into any team, anywhere. Its therefore pretty reasonable to expect that we would at least be in with a shout :thumbs:

Unfortunately I think Capello made some shockingly bad tactical decisions for a manager of his calibre and the players themselves just didnt seem up for it. Great shame, particularly for those that travelled out there - noticed after the game last night not one player thanked the fans for their support which is pretty rough IMO.

That's the beauty of the world cup tho, it's not about the players, its about how well they make a team!

Andy murray? My farts have more character than him... Back to england losing- how excited were the commentators getting about the english linesman in the brazil game?? Give it a rest! Lol

at the risk of potentially losing business hahahaha :lol::lol:

i was backing germany, not becuase im from scotland, but becuase i have german family, and i have austrian blood in me :)

even though i love the germans, i did say before the world cup started that id like argentina to win the whole thing... and i love maradona!