Hi!!!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the world of 350z's.

All going well I will be buying a 350z soon, have fancied one for ages and a decent one has come up at nissan dealer my dad works for. Just waiting for it to come in stock but from what I know its an 03, 32kmiles, fdsh, in lemans sunset (think thats the colour!), rays upgrade alloys, tan leather and some kinda sports exhaust.

At the moment I'm running a 330ci and I was just wondering if anyones got any direct comparisons/experience of both?

I'm guessing the 350z likes a drink more than the 330, but can it be ok on a long run taking it easy?

Mine can do 30ish mpg if I take it steady. Generally not that bothered, just nice if I do any long trips to save bit of money.

Brakes seem bit pricier from what I've seen, tyres bout the same as I've got the 18 M sports on mine. Falkens seem to be good choice for both cars.

From what I've read I reckon servicing is cheaper on the Z than the BMW.

Z's seem to sound really nice, 330 sounds good but bit quiet and refined really!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

You have summed it up pretty well to be honest the 330 to me seems very subdued comparedf to a zed, when you get the car you will see what i mean. The zed is a very raw car, lots of torque, sounds good and a fun car to drive in regards to the handling. The 330 is designed to please everyone, hence why it doesnt really excel anywere. Just what i found after driving both for a while.

In terms of costs, servicing is definately cheaper with the zed and for fuel consumption you can happily get 30mpg if you drive conservatively (very difficult) :lol:

Hope that helps

Hi :welcome:

MPG wise you can get 28-30mpg taking it steady on the motorway, milling around town and tbh not hanging about i still manage 24mpg.

Servicing I imagine is pretty pricey at beemer just because parts will be expensive, I've found bits I've needed for the zed relatively cheap, and there's always someone on here can get you parts / mods.

For the money, you'll struggle to get a sound as nice as the Zed; it's awesome, and it's addictive :teeth: the 330ci is a straight 6 cylinder - zed's a V6, much better! You'll absolutely love it, get some pics up when you've got it!

Brilliant, all sounding good so far!

Generally I just use my car for weekend driving, no commuting and maybe a few long runs for holiday etc. Bout 7k a year as I have a company van for work.

Like a bit of a blast on most journeys but also try to restrain myself a bit too, know this will be tricky!

As soon as the car comes in stock which should be this week I'm gonna try get my dad to bring it home for the night to have a good look over and drive. I'll gets some pics too! Fingers crossed it'll all work out.

Cheers for your opinions, much appreciated!

Hi and :welcome: how goods thats getting the car you might be buying brought home for the night :thumbs:

Kev

Yeah i'm pretty pleased with that, it just came in last thing tonight so its looking like tomorrow night for the viewing, can't wait!

Welcome,best colour.

Actually I always had in mind a blue or black one but really grown to love this colour, really different! My BMW's black and I can't keep it clean for 5 minutes!

hi and welcome.

blue was my first choice but sunset does stand out in a crowd.