350z on saturday!!!!

Hi all,

Ive been lurking on here a while now, and ive finally found the 350z im after, going to look at it on saturday with the approach of bringing it home.

07, 313 GT in temper orange with rays and sat nav.

46K miles

Everythings looking good and i cannot wait to own one at last.

On contacting the owner he stated that someone had very recently bumped into his drivers side rear wheel arch where it flares,(not had time to put it on the advert) he says theres no damage to the paintwork and its just a small dent about 2-3 inches in diameter.

What would be the best course of action to repair it and how much is this going to cost roughly?

Also how much should i knock off the price he is asking? £500?

Pics will be up asap if and when i get it.

cheers

So you're getting a chewits version? Nice! :)

I had a dent on my wheel arch and everyone said it would need bodyshop filling because of not been able to get to it from behind. A dent technician actually did it by drilling from the inside of the wheel arch and then putting a gromit in the hole afterwards. You can't even tell it was there and it was about £40 for that and a couple of door dings. Post a pic up so we can see where and how bad. :welcome: by the way

Yeah thats the one sarnie was on about,

Does seem cheap, but ive told the guy if everything seems alright on the test drive he's got a buyer.

As soon as i pick it up on saturday ill post some pics up of the dent and see what you guys advise.

Is there anything i need to look out for especialy?

If its done 46k miles how many service stamps should it have with it being 3yrs old?

It will also have a fresh MOT for peace of mind.

Cheers guys

welcome to the forum

It should have stamps at 9k, 18k,27k,36k,45k so it should have just been serviced or its overdue one..........

Yeah, it should have just had the fifth one at that mileage, but it's only the P1 due then (as long as the P3 was done at 36k) so fairly cheap - could be another bargaining tool if it hasn't been done.

:wave:

rear arch is double skinned, but from what nixy said its still a fixable dent. just check on the person doing it. not all use the same techniques.

also check for clicky axles, wind both windows down, and pull away, if you hear any clciking it will need the CV joints sorting. its not a critical problem, and can be driven for ages like that. it may just be something you want to sort at some point

Picked up the car and im loving every minute of it!

Only problem is that it failed the MOT odue to the N/S front suspention bush, looks like the arm has slipped down from the bush and now its resting on the metal.

Hopefully the warranty (ends 14Jun) will cover this fingers crossed.

The car is as follows

313 GT temper orange, with rays and satnav

46k on the clock

New tyres all round

Full nissan service history

Ended up getting it for £13250

So im pretty chuffed, just need to sort out this bloody bush ready for MOT time.

Ive got a dent master due out tommorow, estimate of £50 to fix, and fingers crossed about nissan doing the work covered by the warranty.

I even got 32MPG on the way back from bolton, so yeah im well happy.

cheers mate.