Driving Standards at Wales

Chesterfield

All,

During the course of the Wales weekend the driving styles of some individuals were well below the standards we expect at our events.

Not only did members of the team witness this driving but we received complaints from other members of the club and local traffic police received complaints from members of the public also.

We hold driver briefings at the start of each event and in the past have had traffic officers also speak to the group before our events. It appears that these instructions and briefings are blatantly being ignored by a minority.

We take the safety of our events extremely seriously. Any actions which jeopardise the safety of our members or members of the public simply will not be tolerated.

Having reviewed the incidents reported to us and witnessed by the team we are taking the following actions effective immediately:

One member is receiving a 2 week forum ban and being placed on 12 months probation of event exclusion.

One member is receiving a 1 month forum ban and is excluded from all club events for 12 months.

The above penalties may seem severe; however we take the safety of our events extremely seriously and must impose such measures before there are any serious consequences from this driving style.

As above, we take the safety of our events extremely seriously and trust that members will understand why we feel it necessary to take this action.

Regards,

The 350Z-uk.com Team.

No names or details will be posted. Suffice to say we provide the driver briefings at each event, and have made it clear that any driving considered dangerous will not be tolerated.

If people wish to drive in that manner, they do NOT do it at our events.

Such a shame :(

The meets this club runs are always second to none and are such a valuable part of 350z-uk membership, its understandable that measures need taken to protect them, hopefully lessons will be learned and runs as fantastic as wales will continue long into the future.

Not only that Martin but the future of the event as well. As a former traffic cop I can assure you that mud sticks and if you get a bad reputation it stays for many years, the event being ruined by endless persecution. I would add that the Chief Constable of Wales is well known for his sympathetic attitude towards motorists :lol:

Well done to the committee for taking immediate action.

No names or details will be posted. Suffice to say we provide the driver briefings at each event, and have made it clear that any driving considered dangerous will not be tolerated.

If people wish to drive in that manner, they do NOT do it at our events.

This is a massive concern to the team. The consequences of such driving dont bear thinking about. Safety of members and other drivers has to be paramount.

Such a shame :(

The meets this club runs are always second to none and are such a valuable part of 350z-uk membership, its understandable that measures need taken to protect them, hopefully lessons will be learned and runs as fantastic as wales will continue long into the future.

A massive +1 to all the points above. We thought people might have learnt their lessons last year with the unfortunate ending, but even with that and the briefings, we still saw silly driving. I personally didnt see any silly driving (even with Bennet in front ;) ), but fully support the actions taken as we dont want to have to pick up the pieces if anything happens. Keep the seriously fast driving for the track/airfield :thumbs:

Totally agree with this if their actions were dangerous to either themselves, other people or other peoples property.... :thumbs: Not asking for names but in what way where they acting recklessly?

To everyone else......lets see who is not posting for the next couple of weeks :lol:

I must say that it really saddens me to have to take part in this side of moderating. All I will say is I'm glad that we're all typing on a thread that has taken action on inappropriate driving at one of our meets and not typing our condolences as a poor decision has had serious consequences.

Ah and this is not a witch hunt. The action has been taken and their is no need to speculate who or what happened. The members are now facing their punishments and they will be welcomed back after they have done their time.

I would imagine (and hope) that the members involved are now having a good think about their actions over the weekend and the potential consequences of those actions.

Whilst I can appreciate the need for sanctions as well as the need to not publicly name and shame, I do think it would be a good idea to give details of just what driving over-exuberance gave cause to give the individual bans in place. I've not seen the driver briefing sheet I admit, and this may well be covered in that detail, but certainly to give these details would allow people to see exactly how little you have to go past the line before action is taken.

For example, does a doughnut in a car park give the month ban but going broadside out of a corner give the week? I have no idea of the details, nor do I wish to seem as if I'm criticising the team's decision on this, I'm only looking on a viewpoint of clarity.

For a point of clarity rather than drawing up a specific list, if your actions behind the wheel would get you in trouble with the law during one of our events, then they will get you into trouble in the club too. The severity of the action will depend on the severity of the offence.

Everyone was told during the driver briefs that unsafe driving would not be tolerated. I am not going to give the details of what led to this decision but in the opinion of the team there was a serious and definite risk to other drivers.

The fact that its now noon on Tuesday may indicate how much discussion has led to this.

Ah and this is not a witch hunt.

I agree...I wasn't looking to pierce their heart with a stake nor point the finger at anybody. As some members were not at the drivers brief, I just wondered what event had taken place leading to the ban. Driving at 80mph on a motorway could get you into trouble with the law but in the eyes of many this can be carried out safely. Whereas overtaking on a blind corner or dip is plain dangerous. I imagine for you to take this action though that it was well beyond the parameters of safe legal driving.

I am with the mods on sanctioning dangerous driving. I don't want the club to have a bad name and I don't want the car I drive to be labeled as a c0ck mobile because of a minority acting like asses.

I was witness to one incident and can safetly say that it was alot more dangerous than just going 80mph on the motorway! It was plain crazy but the punishments put in place are to make the indivuals aware that driving like that at our clubs events isnt tolerated like im sure all off you agree!

I think if EVERYBODY actually listened to the briefing and what's expected of them in terms of driving style instead of talking during it or just not even being within ear shot it would help.......

When we mention getting you in trouble with the law we aren't talking about a slap on the wrists believe me.

We all enjoy the drives whether it's a local one or a national one and spirited driving does occur. There is a HUGE difference between spirited and dangerous driving.

Well if the lads got a brief and decided to go outside that then there is no arguments really.

I suppose the club don't want to get a bad name in the 'media' as such`also... I know that on some biking outings I've done in the past the coppers monitored forums and gave everyone a pain in the backside... NOT for speeding or misbehaving but more that we got stopped and had to show tax insurance and got our vehicles looked through... more like harassment and time wasting then anything else.

On the other side of safety for members and the forum being responsible for the meet itself then well it’s not ok to danger anyone… :snack:

I don't know if anyone else saw it but there was a timely reminder on the way home of what happens when driving dangerously.

A recovery truck was blocking half the road and was pulling a car that had gone off the road up an embankment.The driver luckily looked ok apart from some scratches on his legs.

Obviously I wasn't there :dummy: but I am pleased to see the team giving a clear consistent message on this issue and ensuring that safety is paramount :thumbs:

If you want to let off steam in the zed get out on track - simplz :drive1

I don't know if anyone else saw it but there was a timely reminder on the way home of what happens when driving dangerously.

A recovery truck was blocking half the road and was pulling a car that had gone off the road up an embankment.The driver luckily looked ok apart from some scratches on his legs.

:scare: