Potentially a 350z owner! Watch this space!!!

Hi guys! I've just registered on 350zUK as I'm seriously considering treating myself to a new motor and the 350z has taken my fancy big time!

Has any one got any good pointers before I go out and buy one? I've seen a GT but I'm not too sure what the difference is between them. I know it's in the higher tax bracket, but anything else which is considerably different to the normal 350z?

Also I wanted to say a massive HELLO to everyone on here and I look forward to having some chats with some of you.

:wave:

Hi guys! I've just registered on 350zUK as I'm seriously considering treating myself to a new motor and the 350z has taken my fancy big time!

Has any one got any good pointers before I go out and buy one? I've seen a GT but I'm not too sure what the difference is between them. I know it's in the higher tax bracket, but anything else which is considerably different to the normal 350z?

Also I wanted to say a massive HELLO to everyone on here and I look forward to having some chats with some of you.

:wave:

Welcome :wave:

by the way

GT tax cost is no more than standard ....... road tax only depends on year and import/UK car

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Well I've found a 350z advertised and it looks pretty sound. I'm hopefully going to see it on the weekend and take it for a spin.

Here are the details:

£11,750

2005 (60K miles)

Kuro Black GT

New MOT

New Rear Discs

New Service

New Tyres

FSH

2 previous owners

It has all the toys such as leather, electric pretty much everything and what you would expect from a pretty sound 350z :yahoo:

Now the questions! ;)

What do I need to look out for? Do you reckon this is a good deal even if I do get a few quid off?

Looking at others around the same mileage and age, it looks OK I think.

How much does it cost for a usual yearly service and how frequently do you suggest I have it done?

What kind of tyres are the best to get?

Sorry for all the questions! :blush:

Fingers crossed it'll be a good'n

Thanks guys! :D

Hi guys. Well I've found a 350z advertised and it looks pretty sound. I'm hopefully going to see it on the weekend and take it for a spin.

Here are the details:

£11,750

2005 (60K miles)

Kuro Black GT

New MOT

New Rear Discs

New Service

New Tyres

FSH

2 previous owners

It has all the toys such as leather, electric pretty much everything and what you would expect from a pretty sound 350z :yahoo:

Now the questions! ;)

What do I need to look out for? Do you reckon this is a good deal even if I do get a few quid off?

Looking at others around the same mileage and age, it looks OK I think.

How much does it cost for a usual yearly service and how frequently do you suggest I have it done?

What kind of tyres are the best to get?

Sorry for all the questions! :blush:

Fingers crossed it'll be a good'n

Thanks guys! :D

:welcome:

there is a big thread about peoples tyre choices. varied opinions but will give you some ideas.

i got my z for about the same price, 05 JDM with 40k miles. i didnt really look around much though, had money burning a hole in my pocket.

as for servicing i am not too sure, will be looking for answers you get from others on that one.

What do I need to look out for? make sure it has a good service history, and signs of it being well looked after

Do you reckon this is a good deal even if I do get a few quid off? its not bad considering how much car your getting for your money

How much does it cost for a usual yearly service and how frequently do you suggest I have it done? service is every 9000 miles or 12 months; 3 different services p1,p2 and p3. going in intervals p1, p2, p1, p3, p1, p2 etc etc p3 is hte major one and your roughly looking at around £350 sometimes more, sometimes less depending on the garage.

What kind of tyres are the best to get? forum favourites seem to be Falken 452's Toyo T1R's vredestein altrac sessantas. if your budget is bigger then michelin pilot sports. there are more. but these are the ones that crop up most.

oh and :wave:

welcome to the club

p.s. thats my one big search help, the next one will say use the search button :lol:

forum is stuffed with all the info you'll ever need just requires a bit of reading ;)

Thanks for the tips guys! I'm off to take it for a spin tomorrow morning so I wanted a few quick pointers. I shall be spending lots of time of the forum this weekend to find out some more info on the Z.

I can't wait to get behind a wheel of a beautiful 350Z and to say that this car is mine! :thumbs:

I'll let you know how I get on with it! :)