Facebook Etiquette........?

nixy

I never used to bother with FB too much and at one point nearly deleted myself from it but since I got a Blackberry and we introduced the skip (sorry green room) here I've become a bit of an addict. However, I didn't as a rule have any of my family, workmates or non car related friends on there until recently when my sister went and made a friends request to me......... I had to add her as I felt guilty not doing - first thing she said was "all your friends are men!" :lol: I told her its not that all my friends are men but that all my friends including the women on there are car related friends - hence its just natural most are guys! Anyway, since I accepted her I now have a request from my cousin who I only see now and again at my grandparents house and who to be honest is a bit of a chav and who I don't particularly want as a FB friend. So what do I do?? At the moment the request is just hanging there - undecided, but I will bump into her before long.............

Set your profile to the 'always appear offline' mode?

Accept her (or better yet, still don't bother), she'll never be able to speak to you, on chat, at least.

If she posts up on your wall. Just be ignorant, then, the next time you're eating yorkshires together at the Grandparents', give a fake apology that you are just useless on Facebook. Or, should I say, 'FB'? :p

I just pulled out because of the problem you're talking about .... my advice for what it's worth is

1) don't try to be friends with friends of your immediate family, it doesn't work

2) don't add family if they are not real friends

3) don't talk to strangers

4} don't join animal farm or whatever it's called

but you knew 3 already didn't you ;)

Noo noo nooo get off there quick! I hate it my mate asked

me to join so he could send me pictures of his new

cat( he only lives up the road!!) so stupid me I logged on and quickly figured out how to

lock everything down , if your crossing the Sahara in a dinghy and want to keep family and friends updated etc - fine , if your sat on the loo and want to tell the world what you had for supper earlier ---- Nooooooo who cares :surrender::shrug:

ps sorry for random spaces bleeding wonderphone messing me

about again.

One of the main reasons i am not on facebook..... people I dont want to talk to.... always add you and I would feel mean ignoring their friend request lol....... so no facebook for me :blush:

You're not on it cos you don't know how to use it! :p:lol:

One of the main reasons i am not on facebook..... people I dont want to talk to.... always add you and I would feel mean ignoring their friend request lol....... so no facebook for me :blush:

:lol::lol::lol:

Ohh but i do.......Its just not something that I would want to get into. I had bebo back in the day and hated that :blush:

Ohh but i do.......Its just not something that I would want to get into. I had bebo back in the day and hated that :blush:

yeah ok Mister Jay...... ;)

In situations such as yours .. I usually just accept their friend request and add them to the limited profile group ...

Then after a week or so I usually remove them ... most people don't even notice that you're not on their friends list anymore ...

:thumbs: