Soon to be 350Z owner!

Hi everyone,

Have just bought my first 350Z (UK GT spec, 54 plate, azure blue, Brembos and Bose, unfortunately standard alloys not Rays :( but not for long :D )

A couple of questions...

Is it worth getting the garage to remove the factory issue phone kit? Can't see it being of much use and have a Parrot bluetooth kit anyway.

Should the car always be run on Super? Is there any way to tell if it has been run on 95, will the engine suffer as a consequence? Obviuosly I want it to be as good as poss so am not bothered about the extra couple of pence a litre BUT if it has been run on 95 should I just carry on at that?

Finally, can anyone reccommend an insurance provider? Best quote so far Direct Line, strangely. A. Flux were quite a bit over but waiting a call back, still to try Chris Knott.

Thanks, looking forward to your advice and to getting my Z out on the road! :drive1

Welcome to the forum... I always try and run the z on v power however I have put in 95 ( hardly ever) if there is no other choice. I bought an aftermarket kit, (parrot) and just linked it up with my head unit and works a treat :thumbs: As for car insurance it really depends on your age, but bell.co.uk has always looked after me :thumbs:

Get some pics of your zed up :teeth:

Hi and welcome to the forum. As Jay says it the usual postcode lottery for insurance. Chris Knott are very good and fully understand mods.

Have a search for the fuel question, its been discussed at great length. Personally I wouldnt worry if you need to use 95. High octane is better though. :)

:welcome:

The way I see it, it's best to assume the car has been run on the good stuff then continue to fill it with 97-99. That way, you're looking after it regardless of it's history :thumbs:

As for the handsfree kit, it's pretty straight forward to remove yourself. The center console is only really held in with 3 screws.

Welcome :wave:

Your zed will love you more if you feed it some super ;)

You have no way of knowing what its been run on so you could always stick a fuel treatment in the tank now and a flush treatment through your oil on the next change - it certainly won't do it any harm.

On the other hand with prices being what they are it will not come to ny harm being run on standard if you have to :thumbs:

Thanks to all for your advice! Very helpful stuff.

Am just waiting for a small scratch to be polished out of the front bumper and the alloys sorting. The garage said they had been refurbed but was significant paint bubbling behind the spokes so back they went!

Also last MOT advisorys were pitting front brake disc - significant???

And that front brake pad(s) demonstrated wear so am awaiting tracking checked and new pads both sides.

Better them than me sorting it after purchase, but can't wait to get my hands on it now!

Cheers :thumbs:

Welcome aboard! :thumbs:

Personally I wouldn't bother removing the phone kit unless it's really bugging you - if you do I would hang on to it and make sure it can be reconnected, in case you ever want to sell in stock condition (not that you'll be thinking about that just

yet :surrender: ). I always fill up on V Power and find it a good quality fuel - also the manual recommends high octane for best performance, but normal fuel won't harm it. In terms of cost difference vs mpg gains etc... I don't believe there's is a massive amount in it so I say choose the good stuff!

+1 for pics!! we like pics!!

:teeth: