down on power ALOT !

Chadwick

im not mate but when i get 15s on a quater mile then dyno at 197bhp its all fitting together to make one slow ass zed :lol: im just hopeing it can be sorted , and finding someone that knows about the zed in scotland is hard :thumbdown:

I think your right thinking there is something not quite right........... Your fastest time was 15.006 which isn't bad but I think you should be beating a fat arsed roadster............... :lol:

Don't worry you will get it sorted.............. :thumbs:

See below for your times for crail raceway hopefully when you get sorted you will get better times than me........... :)

http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/select_ru ... e=20100328

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparing drag strip times is pointless: In my car around Silverstone I would imagine that Hamilton is going to be a bit quicker than me, doesn't mean that when I drive it the car loses 50bhp.

thankyou,

its the point i was making

and finding someone that knows about the zed in scotland is hard :thumbdown:

You have not met Alex then obviously...... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

There is no point at all on coming on here posting 1/4 mile times and dyno plots if you just throw up yours hands and say nobody in scotland can fix it.

I'm sure that Alex could check the car over to make sure that there is nothing wrong with it. If it is the case that the car is desperate need of mapping then don't mess about and get down to RS Tuning in Leeds or Abbey ASAP.

It is obviously causing you great distress getting 15 second 1/4 mile times so I would be looking at getting it sorted quick.

and finding someone that knows about the zed in scotland is hard :thumbdown:

You have not met Alex then obviously...... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

There is no point at all on coming on here posting 1/4 mile times and dyno plots if you just throw up yours hands and say nobody in scotland can fix it.

I'm sure that Alex could check the car over to make sure that there is nothing wrong with it. If it is the case that the car is desperate need of mapping then don't mess about and get down to RS Tuning in Leeds or Abbey ASAP.

It is obviously causing you great distress getting 15 second 1/4 mile times so I would be looking at getting it sorted quick.

+1 :dry: - we're all giving you the same advice here :shrug:

Chadwick, have you sat passenger in another Zed? driven another one? Would be good if you could have a shot in another one and see if there really was an obvious difference, or its just your driving style.

Sketch had a similar problem. Synod it in Ipswich ans all his corsa mates got more on the dyno than him. He gave it a good service new sparks; and swapped out his apexi filter for my 06 air box. I think he's much happier but is awaiting a tune up.

ok so the plan is now get a full service and diagnostic chek and wait to hear when abbey are coming up if its too far away i might take a trip to rs tuning as UNABASHED said but hopefuly abbey are coming up sooner rather than later :) , do yous think that should solve the problem , sorry i know its hard to tell without looking at the car but i just want someone to say its fine it will be easy and cheap to sort :lol::blush:

Am I completely invisible? Did my suggestion to go and do a run in 3rd gear from 30-70 and time it magically disappear from the server?

Hello?

Hello?

Hello?

sorry mate i cant do that as i said the car is running lean , the guy that done the dyno advised me not to rev over 5k hense the reason i want this sorted asap

you didn't give all the answers in your first post

from what you said above, i'd go see Zmanalex, get him to plug you into his OBDII reader and see if he can read your AFR's not sure what system he uses and if its possible. i know that digimoto5 has that capability, i use it, but it doesn't do JDM's

if its running that lean then it needs to be mapped sooner rather than later. what does the Dyno say your AFR is?

If it's running lean then the only place you can have an issue is with the spacer as it's post-MAF. Who installed it? If you're getting air in there you're in serious danger of melting something soon.

If you're getting air in there you're in serious danger of melting something soon.

Too late - already melted his heid :shrug::lol:

yeah , i bought the car with the mods so not sure who done it will a map sort this or do you think i should get rid of the plenum spacer ? :wacko:

yeah , i bought the car with the mods so not sure who done it will a map sort this or do you think i should get rid of the plenum spacer ? :wacko:

Despite the fact that you're utterly doing my head in with this thread, I'm still going to answer this sensibly. Or try, anyway. ;)

First off go and see what a plenum spacer does, and then see what the MAF does in relation to the AFR of the engine (these are easily searchable both here and in Google), and then work out why sucking huge amounts of air post-MAF is a Very Bad Thing Indeed. If that is the case, then I wouldn't be driving that car at all if I could help it, and I certainly wouldn't be going over 3K rpm.

Remap will do nothing if the mechanicals aren't set properly. Out of interest, does your CEL still work, i.e. does it light up pre-ignition on the light check? I ask as you really should be getting a code if you're running lean enough to lose 100bhp... Also, you say the guy who did the dyno did three runs, yes? Then if he knew the car to be so lean that he advised you not to run it over 5K rpm, which he would've found out on the first run, then why the hell did he do two more runs?!

:scare:

At this point you need to forget any hopes of a remap and start taking stuff apart. There is a guide on here on how to fit a plenum spacer, I would suggest reading it and checking all the bolts are torqued correctly first of all, and listen for any leaks around the plenum if possible.

if im doing your head in with this thread , dont read it ! , but i do apperciate that you are trying to help me so i thank you for that , i have got in touch with alex and he is going to look at the car next weekend , i dont claim to be a mechanic or even try to be thats why i was asking for advise