Pics of my 350Z Max Power competition prize..

AmyZed

happy it all worked out in the end for you Amy.....any excuse to get yer legs oot :lol:

Paul

I am sure I have seen pictures of you next to you zed wearing the same thing Paul :lol:

How did you see those pictures???? Those are in my private collection. :lol:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill get better pics soon!

Right rac- there was strong coolant smells coming in whenever i accelerated.. however didnt happen when rac looked at it! typical! any ideas what this could be!? an engine management light was on when i took it :( the said it was the o2/ lamder sensor.... rac plugged his comp in and turned it off.... told me to take it to a garage to inspect... i believe the sensor issue was solved but they just hadnt turned engine management light out?!

erm.... interiors awful and nought works! and traction control/eps lights up... its off and cant be turned on...... as the button by steering wheels broken and fallen in hole!!

shes low miles 35000 :) 20 inch wheels- like em :) carbon bonnet and bootlid...

do love the look of her... just got many hurdles now to solve, thinking of selling up and getting a standard one without all the bits not working!! dont have the £ to spend and fix. and needs full new interior... maybe someone will like it out there!? ill post pics when i get a chance at weekend!

I will say one thing Amy if I saw someone leaning against my cars wings like that I would go ape sh** !! :p:lol:

so would i !!! but i am allowed :D i know NOT to drag along the side... dont worry just resting lightly on her :)

As ersen said in Yokomo's thread, was this front end damaged by Max Power?

yes it was...

i have full rac inspection monday...(separate to lastnights about the engine light etc)

the inspection is £229.00 and theyl be able to tell me everything about the car / repair etc.....

end of the day i won it... and can sell it if i feel id like another standard one to do myself over time... think im doing the right thing, wanna keep her but with the interior issues and other worries i may be best to start again!

wonder what i can get for it?????!

Nice one Amy - About time you got your hands on her!

As tempting as it may be for you to sell up, and you'd be quids in considering you got her for free. With the problems you listed above, you could have problems selling her.

I cant even get anyone to look at my modified Zed, and it all works! :lol:

Maybe you could price up bits and pieces you would need to get her sorted?

Im sure between R35LEE and ZMANALEX you'd be able to get the interior bits for a reasonable price.

And you'd likely be able to flog the Ings front nose and rpelace it with something you wanted if you didnt like it. Same with the bonnet.

Good luck with whatever you decide, we're hear to help and give criticism (i mean advice! :p )

Al

I think 90% of peoples buttons have gone through their dash! That lower panel is just held on with clips so just pull it off and push the botton back through. The O2 sensor is probably due to aftermarket cats so you may just need some anti-foulers, ZMANALEX does these I believe. As for the other electrical problems, is probably worth seeing if the AA can red any fault codes then post them up and they can be checked. I'm sure it isn't anything too drastic tbh.

At the end of the day it is a free car, so if it needs a few little bits & pieces done, I wouldn't worry too much!

wonder what i can get for it?????!

when we were messing about in the office on webuyanycar.com (yes, annoying isn't it!), they offered £8155 for my UK 54 plate (which has done 44k). Not that I'm selling, it's just interesting to see what they'd pay for it compared to the market list price....

I guess you could get a bit more than that though given the parts it's got on it even if the interior's a bit nackered. Either way you go, I guess you'd end up spending about the same, but if it were me, I'd get way more satisfaction from doing it up rather than replacing :thumbs:

Can't believe Max Power gave away a written off competition winner..that's shocking :boxing: ..and they expect nice publicity and photoshoot in return :angry: If it's any consolation Amy, I once had a Category C damaged 350Z with the engine management light on. Thanks to R35Lee the car is now back to its former glory..not stopped :teeth: since. Touchwood the engine management light hasn't come back on since. It might be the catalytic converters or the MAF mass air flow sensors. PM R35Lee or Zmanalex..and there are very little that they don't know about the Zed. Between the two of them, i am sure you will be able to sort your Zed out. :thumbs:

as stated put the work in i think it will be so rewarding, first things first. have a fire and throw the interior in it!

suppose you need new driver & passenger seats, you could try taking the covering off the door cards if you think they didnt bother glueing it? if they did of course new door cards is a must. i couldnt figure out what on earth they had done behind the seats :scare: but i'd just get stuck in and rip it all off leaving whatever is underneath showing, it cant be any worse than the way it is at the moment.

As for the crash damage etc, i'd just throw max power to the papers with a sob story tbh, you'd maybe make the money on the story to pay for the repair of the car?

as stated put the work in i think it will be so rewarding, first things first. have a fire and throw the interior in it!

suppose you need new driver & passenger seats, you could try taking the covering off the door cards if you think they didnt bother glueing it? if they did of course new door cards is a must. i couldnt figure out what on earth they had done behind the seats :scare: but i'd just get stuck in and rip it all off leaving whatever is underneath showing, it cant be any worse than the way it is at the moment.

As for the crash damage etc, i'd just throw max power to the papers with a sob story tbh, you'd maybe make the money on the story to pay for the repair of the car?

i need to aviod any slagging off of companies, i am already being taken to court possibly for slander... over this car! hense im getting inspection . its all been a mess :( im happy i have the car now, and i knew it had been bumped and i still took the car... still better than nothing.... i think though id like to sell and start again as the costs to sort that interior will be high, i have no £ to put into the car, if i modify one ill be doing that ever so slowly! :( i had my fun with the FTO... now time to be sensible :) so i think be debt free but with a nice standard one will make me happy, coming off the 'modified car scene' after all this trouble :( put me off it all, ill enjoy my cars and do meets with you lot etc, not focus on spending thousands just to win show and shine comps at shows........

Sorry to see this Amy, such a shame after such a long wait!

As Andy says, you could get the interior flocked pretty cheaply, and I dare say if you give them a ring and tell them the story, you might get yourself a great deal from them, as most of the cost in flocking is labour, so they might take pity and do a really knocked down rate for you.

Afraid I have to agree with the others with respect to selling it, I think you will really struggle. I would start off by ripping out the interior, strip it back and flock it. See Craigs car, it looks amazing. Then look to get some new seats etc. I have a pair of leather ones that need a retrim, but they could do you as a replacement for a while. Will look better than the interior I remember your car having. I also have a spare steering wheel that you could look to get retrimmed at some point. Open to offers on them, but would be collection only.

sounds like a sensible plan :) although i think with some help from the forum the interior could be sorted for not a massive amount of money?

I cant imagine they would get far with that considering the slightly dodgy nature of the prize they gave you. anyhow best not to talk of these things in public forum.