Pics of my 350Z Max Power competition prize..

AmyZed

Its a free car at the end of the day - better than a poke in the eye with a stick in my opinion! I do agree with you though, I'd want to get rid but that's just my personal taste. I actually prefer your FTO!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a free car at the end of the day - better than a poke in the eye with a stick in my opinion! I do agree with you though, I'd want to get rid but that's just my personal taste. I actually prefer your FTO!

shockingly most friends and fam have said they prefer my FTO! but i do feel its time to let FTO go, its been an amazing 4 years owning it and i really want a 350z!! its odd saying that- i have zed at work downstairs! :D

FTO is all show and nothing else, cant leave her anywhere etc, now i feel its time for just one car - a nice 350z with carbon and nice mods, not a full out show car that i cant drive every day?!

webuyanycar say theyl pay £ 8900- whats the deal with that site? take it they inspect everything, do they def buy it straight away if they inspect and its all ok?? all depends what rac say .... ill wait and see! pretty annoying traction controls off and buttons broke :drive1 im not used to rear wheel drive!

SLIP light is possible the tyre offset maybe?

Well done getting this far without loosing all your hair... or at least going grey! I'd say keep her and whatever monies you get for the car for sale will pay for a SC and carbon wrap the interior if it's nasty! :thumbs: Get some nice recaro seats too!

If you don't want to keep it I'll offer 5k for it (€)

I'm sure you'll change your mind once you get going in her!

A :disguise:

I think Amy's doing the right thing. Once you have more or less had enough of the heavy modding scene a nice car with a few subtle changes and a bit of power that you can use all the time will be just the thing! :thumbs:

I think the price they've offered for the car is pretty good considering its been in an accident but are there lots of things you could take out/off it first? Audio etc?

webuyanycar say theyl pay £ 8900- whats the deal with that site? take it they inspect everything, do they def buy it straight away if they inspect and its all ok??

you'll need to take it to a local inspection point and they'll take a look at it there. I'm not sure how many there are, but when I was playing around with it, it said there was one in norwich (only a couple of miles away from me) so I'm guessing there should be one near you.

As long as you've been honest about the quality of the car, they should offer you something close to the value the site said, but don't forget they have an admin fee which will be about £75 if you decide to go ahead.

It should be a relatively quick and easy sale though if you can't be bothered with canvasers or are worried the mods will put off buyers :)

i would agree, strip it of the things you want on the one you buy, eg wheels. and the stuff you can make money on and give it to them as a bare car. webuyanycrap.com wont give you anything for any mods on there.

Max Power seems to be BPFP....By Pikeys, For Pikeys.

Can't believe that they would deem the car suitable for driving.

I know...how about we go to the scrap yard, pull a decent looking wreck out and give it a little spit and polish and put it up as a prize, anything we can't fix, we'll just cover up.

Oh, looks like Max Power beat me to that idea.

(And if Max Power is reading this and wanna do me for slander, then go ahead, this is a public forum and I have stated my opinion, whether you like it or not, free country after all)

Max Power seems to be BPFP....By Pikeys, For Pikeys.

Can't believe that they would deem the car suitable for driving.

I know...how about we go to the scrap yard, pull a decent looking wreck out and give it a little spit and polish and put it up as a prize, anything we can't fix, we'll just cover up.

Oh, looks like Max Power beat me to that idea.

(And if Max Power is reading this and wanna do me for slander, then go ahead, this is a public forum and I have stated my opinion, whether you like it or not, free country after all)

please resist :(

i am in trouble, its all ruined my car hobby :( end of my car shows etc .... im seen as the bad guy when i know im the victim!

i wanna stop getting in more trouble online and just sort the car and be happy again! :)

id keep the carbon bootlid and bonnet and the wheels thats it, but even replacing bootlid and bonnet and getting painted could be too expensive for me to try :( this inspection was £299.00 monday ! totally broke! just insured it etc..

Know i def want a 350z , just one without all the grief, least i know i can prob get £8900 from webuyanycar ! :) not too bad!

20's on 350z isnt right though is it? so maybe sell the 20s separate and get my new zed some other wheels?

i dont have to keep the car now, i have told them i may not be keeping it. its not to my satisfaction of a show car therefore wont wana be showing it.... but i may still keep her.... could the number plate being where it is be the reason for the horrid smell when i accelerate?! over heating??

sooo much to do!

id keep the carbon bootlid and bonnet and the wheels thats it, but even replacing bootlid and bonnet and getting painted could be too expensive for me to try :( this inspection was £299.00 monday ! totally broke! just insured it etc..

Know i def want a 350z , just one without all the grief, least i know i can prob get £8900 from webuyanycar ! :) not too bad!

20's on 350z isnt right though is it? so maybe sell the 20s separate and get my new zed some other wheels?

i dont have to keep the car now, i have told them i may not be keeping it. its not to my satisfaction of a show car therefore wont wana be showing it.... but i may still keep her.... could the number plate being where it is be the reason for the horrid smell when i accelerate?! over heating??

sooo much to do!

sell the wheels and buy some oem's - a set with rubber shouldn't cost more than £200 really. Either that or put your 20's up for trade here. I'm sure someone with stocks might be interested in swapping with you and throwing in some cash :)

sooo much to do!

burning smell when accelerating??? :headhurt:

Burning smell while or after acceleration? Could be the aux and alternator belts need replacing. Try and turn off the aircon window down if you need a breather and test it again... does it still smell directly? What offset are they wheels, pretty sure thats your problem there.. keep the 20" they look cool :teeth:

did they quote you the £8900 knowing that its Cat C or D? or was the car never actually given that status after the accident?

no status, just had a bump and needed headlight and bumper ...illl get full lowdown when it all checked out monday, but least it wasnt written off ....helps me a bit!

did they quote you the £8900 knowing that its Cat C or D? or was the car never actually given that status after the accident?

no status, just had a bump and needed headlight and bumper ...illl get full lowdown when it all checked out monday, but least it wasnt written off ....helps me a bit!

sell that thing before it blows up :lol: Seriously webuyanycar would be the best place for it

I'd move the numberplate for starters, or get smaller one that's legal.

Then perhaps you should get yourself to one of our meets, I'm sure that there is a meet you could go to locally with members off here, then they could all have a little poke around the car and see what we can figure out.

That may give a better idea of what's right with the car and what's not and possibly give an indication of what the expense would be to sort it.

I mean c'mon, we always pride ourselves as one of the most helpful forums going, so maybe it's time we proved it.

sell that thing before it blows up :lol: Seriously webuyanycar would be the best place for it

agreed :thumbs: doesn't sound like it's worth the grief it's causing and will most likely cause you :)

I very much doubt they will touch it with a barge poll if they know its modified. Neither will a Nissan dealer as I found when trying to get prices for my Zed against a 370z. I think the only option if Amy wants rid will be to sell it on here or auction it.

I'd move the numberplate for starters, or get smaller one that's legal.

Then perhaps you should get yourself to one of our meets, I'm sure that there is a meet you could go to locally with members off here, then they could all have a little poke around the car and see what we can figure out.

That may give a better idea of what's right with the car and what's not and possibly give an indication of what the expense would be to sort it.

I mean c'mon, we always pride ourselves as one of the most helpful forums going, so maybe it's time we proved it.

:scare: well said chief... :thumbs:

Then perhaps you should get yourself to one of our meets, I'm sure that there is a meet you could go to locally with members off here

There is indeed - the East Anglia meet on April 24th :)

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=33842

Not exactly local to her is it? Perhaps the Bluewater meet would be a better idea, seeing as she isn't far from the M25.

And possibly when Envy South do another Mod Day, that might be another good place to chat and prod under the bonnet.

Yeah its a bit far especially as there's issues with car! but id def like you all to see it and meet me, offer advise soon ...

bluewaters sounding better :) aslong as im told monday its all safe and sound to drive! panicing going to and from work at min!

very gutting too its got loads of audio and rear speakers worked..not the fronts :( and now alpine lovely dvd screen in front has packed in :( not cheap to replace either :( so no tunes!!! arrrgh!!!!!