Pics of my 350Z Max Power competition prize..

AmyZed

engine management light,

bad smell when accelerate ,

no v5,

no proper key,

alarm that doesnt work,

bodywork not flush/alligned well at all,

cracked carbon bonnet (that i bought it myself)

traction control broken,

no 'free insurance' they said theyd try get me,

and a dirty mess of an interior in which nothing works!

the whole sound system doesnt work,

engine management light = perhaps worth doing an ECU reset and see what happens

bad smell when accelerate = did they do any mods under the bonnet? perhaps they messed up, say like and induction kit and forgot to attach the hose that is under the induction pipe

cracked carbon bonnet (that i bought it myself) = perhaps someone has a OEM bonnet going for cheap

traction control broken = perhaps the 20"s have the wrong size tyres on and are causing the TC to trip out

the whole sound system doesnt work = is it still standard stereo or aftermarket? if they fitted aftermarket they may have fitted to a previous Bose system and forgotten that it isn't just a straight HU swap over

Just my thoughts

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it pearl white Amy? If you ended up sellin cf bits for oem bits theres a few of us pearl white owners which would save you paint costs.

10x the car the fto is eh ;) I loved my last fto but i dont miss it one bit,the zed does everythin so much better :clap:

engine management light = perhaps worth doing an ECU reset and see what happens

bad smell when accelerate = did they do any mods under the bonnet? perhaps they messed up, say like and induction kit and forgot to attach the hose that is under the induction pipe

cracked carbon bonnet (that i bought it myself) = perhaps someone has a OEM bonnet going for cheap

traction control broken = perhaps the 20"s have the wrong size tyres on and are causing the TC to trip out

the whole sound system doesnt work = is it still standard stereo or aftermarket? if they fitted aftermarket they may have fitted to a previous Bose system and forgotten that it isn't just a straight HU swap over

Just my thoughts

Well said.

Might seem like a lot of issues, but most are probably fairly easily solved - plenty of people on here willing to help out. Think of the finished project :).

Might seem like a lot of issues but don't think of them all at once otherwise you'll just want to get rid. As long as the inspection comes back think of them and think which are the worst ones and then do them in the order you wanna do them etc. Think of each one seperately and all of a sudden it won't seem so bad and also you'll get through them a lot faster than you'd think. With the help of people on this board they'll soon get sorted. Everyone's really helpful and will always give advice whenever they can.

Personally I'd see how the inspection goes then see what the smell is under acceleration. Cosmetic issues aren't too bad, just your pride that will take a knock etc. But at the end of the day you'll still be driving round in a 350z, which lets face it is still an amazing car even with some cosmetic issues

Might seem like a lot of issues but don't think of them all at once otherwise you'll just want to get rid. As long as the inspection comes back think of them and think which are the worst ones and then do them in the order you wanna do them etc. Think of each one seperately and all of a sudden it won't seem so bad and also you'll get through them a lot faster than you'd think. With the help of people on this board they'll soon get sorted. Everyone's really helpful and will always give advice whenever they can.

Personally I'd see how the inspection goes then see what the smell is under acceleration. Cosmetic issues aren't too bad, just your pride that will take a knock etc. But at the end of the day you'll still be driving round in a 350z, which lets face it is still an amazing car even with some cosmetic issues

Good advice :#1: i hope shes a keeper..but will take alot to align every panel back into place..gaps everywhere! :bang:

we'll see if shes straight first... if not- no good! :bangin:

Good advice :#1: i hope shes a keeper..but will take alot to align every panel back into place..gaps everywhere! :bang:

Are the gaps just between aftermarket and stock panels? I.E. the new carbon bonnet and the wings / bumper, or are they actually at every single join in panels?

If it's just in aftermarket stuff I'd have thought it'll just be either the quality of the aftermarket bits or the fitment of them bits. Maybe Max rushed a few bits and didn't fit things quite right or sommat. My advise would be to wait and see. If it was bent in the accident I can't see it not being recorded. Is there any of the original interior? Are there signs that the airbags have deployed?

Are the gaps just between aftermarket and stock panels? I.E. the new carbon bonnet and the wings / bumper, or are they actually at every single join in panels?

If it's just in aftermarket stuff I'd have thought it'll just be either the quality of the aftermarket bits or the fitment of them bits. Maybe Max rushed a few bits and didn't fit things quite right or sommat. My advise would be to wait and see. If it was bent in the accident I can't see it not being recorded. Is there any of the original interior? Are there signs that the airbags have deployed?

Maybe they cheaped out and bought poor copies of the kit? hope not but you never know

its all the stress thats upset me .... a year of waiting and its not quite as advertised :(

still.... ill see what rac say.... my friends who have seen it and how bodykit/doors/boot / bonnet doesnt align well are suspicious and telling me its no good :( so lets see what the professionals say and go from there!

if shes straight and engines ok then ill be ok! the rest i can live with yes

Good luck Amy. Get yourself over to www.zchickz.com. Only a small forum, female owned and run.

Bad times...

rac said they cant do inspection as they do not deal with court cases...i said its not for court and i just need to tell mag..but they refused to touch it, said it looked very bad and were sure itl end up going legal :( getting a refund....

ill have to get independent inspection done...

max have said theyl come get the car back and if issues cant be fixed ill get another one

my garage saw it sat and said its really bad :( theyre writing a full report and have car back now .. so i may not see that car again!!!!!!

my head hurts! :bang::bang::byebye:

If the airbag light is on then they won't function but tbh, it could just need a reset procedure done on it which is very simple to do. The light will come on for something as simple as taking and refitting a seat.

Is the garage you took it too familiar with Z's? Take it to someone that knows the car and have them inspect it for you, bet there are a few traders on here that could give you an independent report.

Sounds like its a painfull mission you're on! See the good things though through the dark! (always!)

:thumbs:

this is absolute B@llocks!!

this is really a massive P!ss take. they have mucked u around for a year and when u see light at the end of the tunnel they give u a substandard motor. i can see by your FTO that ure standards seem to be high and what is worse they know that they are.

as has been said before yes the little things can be fixed but if the car is a right state why should you have to pay for it!!

its like going through the catalogue, picking the thai bride you want, getting her in the post and then having to pay for cosmetic surgery to "fix" her! should be right in the first place!!!

just a bloody joke IMO!!!

Sparky

i just feel bit lost now! looks as though theyl collect it and im zed-less ... is harsh as yeah i did wait a year pretty much to have her! and now have to give her back :bangin:

Lee i havnt recieved ya pm... :( will give you a call..... soon, only poss one eve though!?

i def want another one, this one seems bad news so ill fight for another,... thing is theyl have to modify it wont they!? as prize was a showcar one!!

ah man :(:shrug:

Any, do yourself a favour and take the car to Dixon down at DMS in Erith. He took a load of measurements for me when I was unsure about my car and totally put my mind at ease that there was nothing wrong structurally with it (there was nothing wrong in the end full stop, it turned out). Even if it costs you a couple of hours labour it'll be worth it.