Re: Number plate bracket [NOW CLOSED]

rtbiscuit

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens when you park on street Rich with your plate retracted surely that's not legal ?

most of the time its either at home on my drive or at work in the carpark,

i plan to wire it in with an override switch so i can put it up and down whenever i like.

if the car is parked and not moving they surely can't do you for that!!! :shrug:

How would they do you for parking if you had no number plate on the car ?

OK I know there's another one on the back but surely it's against the law not to display number plates front and rear at all times in the UK

What happens when you park on street Rich with your plate retracted surely that's not legal ?

i plan to wire it in with an override switch so i can put it up and down whenever i like.

As RT said, it comes with a fob and you can keep it in or out when you want. RT will do some wiring on HIS car so he wont have to use the fob.

I did look into it the other day just before the group buy came up, you can parkmthe car and keep the plate out.

As RT said, it comes with a fob and you can keep it in or out when you want. RT will do some wiring on HIS car so he wont have to use the fob.

I did look into it the other day just before the group buy came up, you can parkmthe car and keep the plate out.

I understand all that but biscuit said he would wire it to the ignition ......... that's what prompted me to ask the question ...perhaps I should have quoted him in full to avoid confusion :headhurt:

I understand all that but biscuit said he would wire it to the ignition ......... that's what prompted me to ask the question ...perhaps I should have quoted him in full to avoid confusion :headhurt:

Sorry ATTAK I just re read my post, came out more direct ( with no intention ) than it should have done. :blush:

Note for Alessandro: read twice before posting

Sorry ATTAK I just re read my post, came out more direct ( with no intention ) than it should have done. :blush:

Note for Alessandro: read twice before posting

No probs :thumbs:

Right i got out early and tried to take some pictures, i must admit with out a ramp its pain trying to figure stuff out under there. just used the normal wheel change jack from the back. didn't trust it enough to go right up, or for me to get right under. :lol: so this is what i got so far

this is looking head on at the bumper, there should be an air diffuser at the front, which sticks down by about 1 inch

Airsplitterlip.jpg

from the side you can see its set back about 3 inches from the front of the nose

Airsplitterlipside.jpg

5inchestotaper.jpg

this will need to be cut through or removed for fitting, not a major issue.

now this is where we hit a slight snag :blush: the number plate bracket requires 9 inches from the tip of the nose on the front bumper to the back where it rests. the problem is that the undertray slopes up towards the engine after about 4-5 inches. but the saving grace is i've seen some bolt mountings which i think i can make a frame up for it to mount to.

Backfloats.jpg

Possibleboltfixings.jpg

sideprofile.jpg

slopinggap.jpg

i'll sit down and do some drawings and see what i can come up with. if anyone else has some ideas please feel free to share :)

be careful doing this lads, over here if you leave the car without visible plates on the county councils roads the 'litter officer' can confiscate your vehicle and keep it... :blink:

(would be cool to hide when taking photos, or some other unknown system tries to take photos of you)

:lol:

I'm not sure how I'm gonna make this fit on my car with the lip on :shrug: More reading needed me thinks

i'm in the same position, i reckon i can fit it underneath but i'll need to make up a mounting frame.

when taking pictures earlier, i did look inside the grille, there is space in there, if your not on a nismo bumper, but you'll still need to build a custom cradle to mount it on even to fit in there.

i think where ever it goes is going to require some work. i need to do something like this regardless as when i mount my towing eye hook up i'll need to find an alternative number plate location.

This picture seems to solve the problem, if the mechanism is the same as the swiftmotorsports one then the fitting should be fairly easy.

mount the front point to the bumper and then use the rear hanger to secure the rear section to the under tray.

im going to stir up some hatred here when i ask the fundamental but for me somewhat lingering question of "why do this?" not a criticism, a mere question i fancied asking.

dont shoot me :p

i need somewhere to mount my plate, and i don't like any of the nissan mounting points, plus i find the plate very ugly, so for meets etc i like the ability to remove it for the clean front look

im going to stir up some hatred here when i ask the fundamental but for me somewhat lingering question of "why do this?" not a criticism, a mere question i fancied asking.

i need somewhere to mount my plate, and i don't like any of the nissan mounting points, plus i find the plate very ugly, so for meets etc i like the ability to remove it for the clean front look

would have been simpler to get a pretty plate like me :king:

mwhaha

seems alot of trouble to me :disguise:

mwhaha

number plate mess's up the whole look of the front of the car, it pained me to put my plate back on, but wanted to stay legal. i also didn't want to drill huge holes in my bumper that were visible.

actually looking at the pic i just posted up, fitting looks pretty easy

mwhaha

number plate mess's up the whole look of the front of the car, it pained me to put my plate back on, but wanted to stay legal. i also didn't want to drill huge holes in my bumper that were visible.

actually looking at the pic i just posted up, fitting looks pretty easy

famous last words :snack::lol: