Re: Number plate bracket [NOW CLOSED]

rtbiscuit

1. rtbiscuit - motorised - CONFIRMED - PAID

2. fakeindian - motorised - Confirmed - if rich will sub me till I get back from the states ;)

3. Ian - motorised -

4. bhavin85 - motorised -

5. unabashed - motorised -

6. Alessandro - motorised - CONFIRMED -

7. D4XNY - motorised -

8. BRO-T - motorised -

9. Shire -motorised - CONFIRMED - PAID

10. gazhull8474 - motorised - CONFIRMED -

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich, stick me down for one. (For the next car project)

1. rtbiscuit - motorised - CONFIRMED - PAID

2. fakeindian - motorised - Confirmed - if rich will sub me till I get back from the states

3. Ian - motorised -

4. bhavin85 - motorised -

5. unabashed - motorised -

6. Alessandro - motorised - CONFIRMED -

7. D4XNY - motorised -

8. BRO-T - motorised -

9. Shire -motorised - CONFIRMED - PAID

10. gazhull8474 - motorised - CONFIRMED -

11. Muddy - motorised

1. rtbiscuit - motorised - PAID

2. fakeindian - motorised - TEMPORARILY SUBBED

3. bhavin85 - motorised -

4. unabashed - motorised -

5. Alessandro - motorised - CONFIRMED -

6. D4XNY - motorised - PAID

7. BRO-T - motorised -

8. Shire -motorised - PAID

9. gazhull8474 - motorised - TEMPORARILY SUBBED

10. Muddy - motorised - PAID

bloody hell rich who do they think you are barclays :lol: sure you'll do them a good interest rate the cheeky sods ;)

its going to be a knife edge balancing act to make sure i can transfer the money over from paypal and then into the credit card account before the due bill day so i don't incur any interest on it. :blush:

but if it means we can go ahead with it then its worth it for the club :thumbs:

bloody hell rich who do they think you are barclays :lol: sure you'll do them a good interest rate the cheeky sods ;)

its going to be a knife edge balancing act to make sure i can transfer the money over from paypal and then into the credit card account before the due bill day so i don't incur any interest on it. :blush:

but if it means we can go ahead with it then its worth it for the club :thumbs:

Star :thumbs:

3. bhavin85 - motorised - PAID

4. unabashed - motorised -

5. Alessandro - motorised - CONFIRMED -

6. D4XNY - motorised - PAID

7. BRO-T - motorised -

8. Shire -motorised - PAID

9. gazhull8474 - motorised - TEMPORARILY SUBBED

10. Muddy - motorised - PAID

Money sent over to you :thumbs:

4. Alessandro - motorised - TEMPORARILY SUBBED

5. D4XNY - motorised - PAID

6. BRO-T - motorised - TEMPORARILY SUBBED

7. Shire -motorised - PAID

8. gazhull8474 - motorised - TEMPORARILY SUBBED

9. Muddy - motorised - PAID

Unabashed had to pull out, but still fine on numbers etc, if we get all the money in by the weekend that would be great, makes my life so much easier :thumbs:;)

i think alessandro is away on holiday, so, but i know he was going to paypal, so i'll stick the order in today, stock should be in early next week, and hopefully with us quickly.

i'll keep everyone posted.

as for those i've subbed, i know where you all live, and if you don't pay up i'll be doing a UK tour with a baseball bat ;):lol:

4. Alessandro - motorised - PAID

5. D4XNY - motorised - PAID

6. BRO-T - motorised - TEMPORARILY SUBBED

7. Shire -motorised - PAID

8. gazhull8474 - motorised - TEMPORARILY SUBBED

9. Muddy - motorised - PAID

am currently looking at number plates

www.demonplates.com

am thinking of odering a plain jdm one in the smallest size, then cutting off all the excess white space as i did on my uk one to make it as small as possible while still being legal with a little "350Z-UK.COM" at the bottom.

then i'll cut doen the mount plate on the mechanism to match it so it takes up as small a space as possible. and thne i think i'm going to do mine through the mesh.

making it small as possible will hopefully mean the least amount of mesh cutting and keeping the structural integrity of the mesh.

well thats the plan anyway :lol:

am currently looking at number plates

http://www.demonplates.com

am thinking of odering a plain jdm one in the smallest size, then cutting off all the excess white space as i did on my uk one to make it as small as possible while still being legal with a little "350Z-UK.COM" at the bottom.

then i'll cut doen the mount plate on the mechanism to match it so it takes up as small a space as possible. and thne i think i'm going to do mine through the mesh.

making it small as possible will hopefully mean the least amount of mesh cutting and keeping the structural integrity of the mesh.

well thats the plan anyway :lol:

When you saying throguh the mesh would be placed just below the "bar" in the middle like in one of the videos in previous posts?

I think it would look good and more impotantly no risk to bang the plate on speed bumps or ramps

thats where im mounting mine ;) dont think im cutting it down though (the number plate) it will be only a thin strip that has to be removed for the plate to pass through with a deeper slot in the middle for the mechinism to pass through??

anyway know what the minimum legal width is of a UK plate? i take it its not much less than standard as the letters still have to be a still width apart! so with my number plate already having altered lettering i think if i go shrinking it to im just asking for trouble of the old bill :thumbdown:

thats where im mounting mine ;) dont think im cutting it down though (the number plate) it will be only a thin strip that has to be removed for the plate to pass through with a deeper slot in the middle for the mechinism to pass through??

anyway know what the minimum legal width is of a UK plate? i take it its not much less than standard as the letters still have to be a still width apart! so with my number plate already having altered lettering i think if i go shrinking it to im just asking for trouble of the old bill :thumbdown:

i am ordering a standard plate and just cutting the excess material off, is it illegal to use a JDM plate on a UK car, just i'm sure i remember alfas using a small square plate on a uk car :shrug:

i am ordering a standard plate and just cutting the excess material off, is it illegal to use a JDM plate on a UK car, just i'm sure i remember alfas using a small square plate on a uk car :shrug:

There was a good thread recently about the legality of plates ..... seem to remember something about plate can be any size so long as correct font is used, spacing is correct and there is a min. 11 mm (?) border round the digits .................. so a five digit plate can be less wide than a 7 digit plate (for instance)

thats good enough for me, :lol:

i'm sure the cops will be happy it has a number palte on, i'm running naked at the front at the moment. mine come off when i was cleaning :blush:

leave it off for a bit Rich and let us know how long it takes for the fuzz to notice ....... then tell them that you are a pillar of society ....I'm sure you'd get away with it :lol:

PS you can mount it facing forward on the sun visor ..... so long as it's visible I think that's OK too

ran it for 2 months with the plate in the window, never got stopped,

its currently in the boot at the moment as its attatched to my old mount and won't sit on the dash properly :blush:

hopeing its only a short period of time while i wait for the new bracket and then fit