Re: Number plate bracket [NOW CLOSED]

rtbiscuit

I don't want to start a GB yet, as i'm not sure there will be that much interest, and also we're not sure yet if it will definetly fit either straight on, or if i will need to fabricate up a mounting harness using original fixing points.

i'll try and get under the car and see what i can work out. ( ,this was the hold up from me ordering ages ago, just haven't had time to jack up and have a look. :blush: )

Swift motorsport retractable numberplate holder interest in a GB manual is about $65, motorised is about $125 (this is standard prices, if there is enough interest i'll see what i can negotiate.) don't want to talk figures until i have some numbers to negotiate with.

1. rtbiscuit - manual

2. fakeindian -

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im just thinking it probably wouldn't fit all that well from underneath if you had a lip.

R

the nismo sticks out slightly at the front, same as about an add on lip i would think, it leans back slightly once over, i'm going to have to get under the zed to measure up before i waste anyones time with ringing and setting prices up etc.

i think its doable. but i need to check

1. rtbiscuit - manual

2. fakeindian - motorised

3. Ian - motorised

4. bhavin85 - motorised

5. Andy - motorised

I actually spoke to this guy a couple of weeks ago and he quoted me $25 shipping to the UK for a single piece. Don't know if that helps but thought it was worth a mention. :)

1. rtbiscuit - motorised

3. Ian - motorised

4. bhavin85 - motorised

5. Andy - motorised

i succumbed to peer pressure :lol:

i spoke to him about 2 months ago on email, but didn't get round to ringing.

is $25 alot for shipping?

I actually spoke to this guy a couple of weeks ago and he quoted me $25 shipping to the UK for a single piece. Don't know if that helps but thought it was worth a mention. :)

Is that for a non motorised one? Dont know how big the motor is, but if thats delivery for a motorised one, thats pretty cheap delivery from the US!

That was for a motorised one using USPS which I thought was good as well......his email back to me is below.....

Andy,

We can ship to the UK, no problem. It will go USPS International, and will probably take 7-10 days to arrive. You can either call us at the shop and place your order over the telephone, or paypal this e-mail address : info@swiftmotorsports.com Shipping to the UK is an additional $25usd, so your total will be $175usd,

Dan

:yahoo: Love this and can't wait to fit it!! Do we know if it's been fitted to a N1 bumper before or it doesn't matter?

Thank you SO much for organizing this :#1:

1. rtbiscuit - motorised

3. Ian - motorised

4. bhavin85 - motorised

5. Andy - motorised

6. unabashed - motorised

7. Alessandro - motorised

i

I take it's legal then ?

Do you have to have a seperate key fob for it ?

Looks really B)

As far as I can see it should be legal, as long as your plate is on display and on the bumper then it should be legal. I think it comes with it's on keyfob, but I'm going to look at putting a switch in the car and wiring it into the ignition system. So turn on engine; numberplate pops out. Turn off, numberplate retracts. As for size of plate I'm not sure, but I think I will get my plate made up jdm shape so it tales up less space. Should be easy enough to make it take a uk plate.

I take it's legal then ?

Do you have to have a seperate key fob for it ?

Looks really B)

As far as I can see it should be legal, as long as your plate is on display and on the bumper then it should be legal. I think it comes with it's on keyfob, but I'm going to look at putting a switch in the car and wiring it into the ignition system. So turn on engine; numberplate pops out. Turn off, numberplate retracts. As for size of plate I'm not sure, but I think I will get my plate made up jdm shape so it tales up less space. Should be easy enough to make it take a uk plate.

What happens when you park on street Rich with your plate retracted surely that's not legal ?