Re: Number plate bracket [NOW CLOSED]

rtbiscuit

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really interested in this as it will look B) As I have the N2 bumper, my plate at the mo is blocking where the towing hook goes!

Just how hard will this be to fit?? So it come out from the bumper and mesh???

Difficult question to answer, depends on how practical you are. Have a look inside your grille see what you think. I don't think it would be tha hard. Cuttig mesh is easy. You just have to workout how to mount it in there. Plenty of space by the looks of it. I have idea on how so should be that hard.

When is the closing date for this GB??

its kind of open ended at the moment as i'm still working things out.

shall we say end of week.

i'll organise it for 10, but check to see if he won't mind sticking extras on at the end of the week.

i'm also going to swap mine to a manual version, as it makes more sense for me,

was this legal or what? :headhurt:

numbrt plate is mounted and at the front, then its legal, if you drive with it retracted, then its illegal

and parked? B) will need to research the legalities over here would be pretty interested, looks like you get your list full in no time too! B)

numbrt plate is mounted and at the front, then its legal, if you drive with it retracted, then its illegal

and parked? B) will need to research the legalities over here would be pretty interested, looks like you get your list full in no time too! B)

Would depend where its parked I guess? My car is parked on my driveway at the moment with no plates on :)

Would depend where its parked I guess? My car is parked on my driveway at the moment with no plates on :)

My guess would be private property would be ok with no plate, but parked on a public road you'd have to have it on display. Saying that the only point you'd fold it away is at shows and on track ;)

My guess would be private property would be ok with no plate, but parked on a public road you'd have to have it on display. Saying that the only point you'd fold it away is at shows and on track ;)

Yes, I would never fold it away for something like a speed camera :ninja:

as long as the number plate is on display, when ever you are on a public highway there is no issue, your only get yourself in trouble if your caught with it retracted and not visible.

how are they going to know that it retracts unless they see you doing it. and if your only doing it at shows, then there isn't an issue.

i was meaning if you got stopped and they did a "mod check" probably nothing to worry about but i was just meaning "if" :)

12 years driving modded cars, and 5 different forums, i've never heard of anyone being pulled by the VOSA or the police for a mod check.

i think they tend to target the corsa crews etc :lol:

i was meaning if you got stopped and they did a "mod check" probably nothing to worry about but i was just meaning "if" :)

12 years driving modded cars, and 5 different forums, i've never heard of anyone being pulled by the VOSA or the police for a mod check.

i think they tend to target the corsa crews etc :lol:

haha, well when i lived in stirling you used to see them stop the "locals" with the torches in the engine bay and under the car :lol:

have you a final price on this rich and when you would be ordering them?

i'm aiming for about £100-£110 for the motorised ones delivered to the UK. will Email the bloke tonight.

been busy with work last 2 days, am off as off about now for 3 days :yahoo:

when do you think we could have them for though rich as if i was gettin one would be good to have it fitted in the bodyshop with the bumper next month :thumbs:

What depth do they need behind the bumper just thinking so they dont effect the rad :thumbs:

was waiting on 10, if you join thats the full numbers and i'll have a good bargaining amount order wise.

i'll aim for end of this month beginning of next. they are in stock (i think so its just shipping time.)