Re: Number plate bracket [NOW CLOSED]

rtbiscuit

found it :lol:

27102008372.jpg

i don't have a nice personalised number plate, so the aim is by using a JDM setup and putting the text in 2 rows should look similiar, and because it will come out of the grille it will be mounted in a similar place, and will also be cut down nice and small as well

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to take my front bumper off today to put my CAI back in now that the weather has started to change....took a pic of the front metal support just so people can an idea for how much room there is back there.

IMG00012-20100221-1322.jpg

I think im going to make a bracket that fixes onto that metal bar, this will hold the motor in place and form what I can see there should be enough plate for a JDM plate to sit infront of the radiator :thumbs:

thanks for the picture.

i have a cunning plan, that i thought of last night. because i have the nismo, and i will nbe fitting mine in the grille. the front of the bracket will be mounted under the central nismo bar. i'm planning on making a bracket to mount the rear of the plate backet to the towing eye area.

the plan being that when i come to remove the bumper all i have to do is take out the towing eye and it will release the rear of the numberplate bracket. so its good that i have the nurrish towing eye coming as well.

thanks for the picture.

i have a cunning plan, that i thought of last night. because i have the nismo, and i will nbe fitting mine in the grille. the front of the bracket will be mounted under the central nismo bar. i'm planning on making a bracket to mount the rear of the plate backet to the towing eye area.

the plan being that when i come to remove the bumper all i have to do is take out the towing eye and it will release the rear of the numberplate bracket. so its good that i have the nurrish towing eye coming as well.

:worthless: fag packet sketch will do ;)

thanks for the picture.

:worthless: fag packet sketch will do ;)

need to do some working out once i have all the parts, concerns at the moment are:

- towing eye will stick out to far number plate won't open fully. (although there are 2 mounting poijnts on the plate bracket so you can move it forward ;) )

- towing eye mounting point sits too low and means the plate bracket will collide/ not sit properly.

- with the typhoon already going there, will the towing eye be long enough to go through all of them.

i'll do a fag packet sketch in a bit. got other things to sort for tomorrow first.

***UPDATE***

Have just paid swift motorsport for the 9 units.

have been packaged up and will be dispatched tomorrow. Time to the UK is unknown, but as soon as he has a tracking number he'll email it to me and i'll keep you all posted on the location.

my guess is it should be to the uk by monday tuesday wednesday next week, but will probably take another 4 days to get through customs. i reckon it should be with me the week after, possibly the wednesday. but all hypothetical at the moment

1. rtbiscuit - motorised - PAID

2. fakeindian - motorised - TEMPORARILY SUBBED

3. bhavin85 - motorised - PAID

4. Alessandro - motorised - PAID

5. D4XNY - motorised - PAID

6. BRO-T - motorised - PAID

7. Shire -motorised - PAID

8. gazhull8474 - motorised - TEMPORARILY SUBBED

9. Muddy - motorised - PAID

Just waiting on 2 now

1. rtbiscuit - motorised

2. fakeindian - motorised

3. Ian - motorised

4. bhavin85 - motorised

5. Andy - motorised

6. unabashed - motorised

7. Simma01 - motorised

That Looks the business!! Only question is ive got a nismo N1 Front with square plate....will it fit ok?

1. rtbiscuit - motorised

3. Ian - motorised

4. bhavin85 - motorised

5. Andy - motorised

6. unabashed - motorised

7. Simma01 - motorised

That Looks the business!! Only question is ive got a nismo N1 Front with square plate....will it fit ok?

you've quoted from the wrong list,

as you can see above most have paid already and i actually settled the final bill with swift yesterday, items are already packaged and being sent. really sorry but your a tad late on this. :blush:

Re the number plate and an N1 bumper i have the N1 bumper and i will be swapping to a cut down square plate to do this on mine.

if we can get another 6-8 people i'll run another one if that helps. really sorry you missed out on this and by only 24 hours as well :surrender:

if i can be any help, please pm me.

or you can always buy direct. i can give you dans contact details and you can buy direct, but you'll miss out on the discount. let me know what i can do and i'll try and help :thumbs:

1. rtbiscuit - motorised

3. Ian - motorised

4. bhavin85 - motorised

5. Andy - motorised

6. unabashed - motorised

7. Simma01 - motorised

have just contacted swift and they might be able to send another unit at the same price to my address as the GB i'll await confirmation and if they can, then you'll need to paypal me ASAP

8. gazhull8474 - motorised - TEMPORARILY SUBBED

10. Simma01 - motorised - TEMPORARILY SUBBED

Just waiting on 3 now

managed to squeeze you in on this

Basically the package hadn't been posted yet as there were payment problems. payment was put through last night over the phone, but my bank decided that such a large sum of money going out to the states was dodgy and blocked the payment. have now been on the phone to my bank and got everything authorized. which has meant we've been able to add one more. but it has also mean that the package won't now go till tomorrow.

sorry for the delay, but it should hopefully be in the UK fairly quickly.

my paypal account also decided to lock me out as it decided that with that much money in it they thought i was laundering money, so locked me out, until i could ring up and authorize that account as well. so much fun and games while also trying to do my job, and all for the love of the forum :lol:

I hope you lot appreciate this :lol:

Just to clarify on the legalities as the question has been raised a few times. Having the plate hidden whilst parked on any sort of private land (ie. Driveway) is fine.

If parked on the side of a public highway (ie. Road outside your house) its a traffic violation and counts as an unlicensed vehicle.

But as always is the case with minor violations, depends on the discretion of the officer :thumbs:

Just to clarify on the legalities as the question has been raised a few times. Having the plate hidden whilst parked on any sort of private land (ie. Driveway) is fine.

If parked on the side of a public highway (ie. Road outside your house) is a traffic violation and counts as an unlicensed vehicle.

But as always is the case with minor violations, depends on the discretion of the officer :thumbs:

Thanks Kris :thumbs: .... thought so

If parked on the side of a public highway (ie. Road outside your house) is a traffic violation and counts as an unlicensed vehicle.

Not a problem, wouldn't be knocking doors myself but you know when a traffic officer is on the warpath...

Not a problem, wouldn't be knocking doors myself but you know when a traffic officer is on the warpath...

Can you check ( or do you know ) the legality of a forward facing plate on the sun visor please ............. purely as a temporary measure

Can you check ( or do you know ) the legality of a forward facing plate on the sun visor please ............. purely as a temporary measure

Anything inside the window is a violation as it affects the reflectivity of the plate. I'll see tomorrow about any exemptions to the rule like if you can blag it by proving your on the way to a garage etc.. I assume you mean attached to the back of the visor facing out of the window?

Anything inside the window is a violation as it affects the reflectivity of the plate. I'll see tomorrow about any exemptions to the rule like if you can blag it by proving your on the way to a garage etc.. I assume you mean attached to the back of the visor facing out of the window?

That's it .... I ran my TransAm like that for a while without problems ... but that was then ....this is now

That's it .... I ran my TransAm like that for a while without problems ... but that was then ....this is now

Well like I said its definitely a violation but I'll check for exemptions.

Whether you get pulled over or not is luck of the draw, depends where you drive, depends where certain areas are cracking down on boyracers (not that applies to you but they're on the lookout for plate violations because its an easy ticket). Traffic officers (or traffic perverts as we call them) will just go to town on things like this. Its just a question of how long until you get pulled. You might be lucky and get away with it for the rest of your zed ownership but like I said its all luck of the draw and depends on the kind of area you live in and your local force.

8. gazhull8474 - motorised - PAID

10. Simma01 - motorised - TEMPORARILY SUBBED

Just waiting on 2 now