Look what the carwash did to my CAR!

andlid

:rant:

:bang: Took my baby for a spin today since I got back my ECU from Abbey, drove it around the outskirts of Dublin and thought why not treat my little car to a nice warm bath! (carwash) Drove her in and paid for the most expensive car wash on offer (this carwash is an anti scratch one otherwise I was it by hand).

Thought the car was a bit closed to the right hand side pillar that has all the washing stuff :headhurt: was going to reverse the car and have proper look (line her up) but the carwash started and began squashing the right hand side wheel arch :thumbdown::angry: It kept going so I slammed in reverse and drove her out of the wash :angry: ran out of the car and hit the emergency stop (Since the fecking carwash was adamant to keep going!)

Look what damage it did :bang:

2010-02-05%2016.10.06.jpg

2010-02-05%2016.00.11.jpg

2010-02-05%2016.00.05.jpg

Went in and spoke to the guy behind the counter, keeping my cool really f*cking upset me though. He filled some form in and we had a quick discussion about when the manager might be in, so tomorrow I'm going back there to see what the hell I'm going to do about the damage etc... they got it all on CCTV so I'll let the assistant manager have a good look before I call in to them. Fingers crossed I'm not going to have to foot this bill, looks REALLY bad too. :byebye:

That’s what I get because I'm a lazy fecker!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car washes are the work of the devil. I still don't trust this 'anti-scratch' business. If I'm feeling lazy (or it's bloomin cold outside :cold: ) then there are 2 or 3 what are dubbed as 'american hand car wash' places by me. Much safer.

Hope you get it resolved with the manager.

dunno, its a bit like reversing into a lamppost then trying to sue the council. you must have majorly ****ed up driving into the car wash cus when ever ive done it theres loads of room either side? doubt you will get anything from it...

:snack:

I'll keep you posted... so upset that it actually caused SO much damage! And as for the lads washing your car by hand :thumbdown: had my car scratched to @*!# by them... from now on I'll never EVER bring my car to an automatic non-stop-safe-f*cking-carwash.

Now to calm my nerves a bit :drunk:

dunno, its a bit like reversing into a lamppost then trying to sue the council. you must have majorly **** up driving into the car wash cus when ever ive done it theres loads of room either side? doubt you will get anything from it...

:snack:

thanks just what I needed :thumbdown: It's a sharp turn right when you drive into it like 90degress so pretty hard to line up with the Z, also not sure why they heck the machine started if I was so f*cking in the wrong pos...

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

I was out washing my car in the dark last night after work, just a quick one for an hour as it was caked up with salt and grime! There would be no way on earth I would entertain taking mine through an auto car wash! Washing the Zed by hand is a religion!

Obviously not an anti scratch wash looking at your front wing! You must be p***ed!

I was out washing my car in the dark last night after work, just a quick one for an hour as it was caked up with salt and grime! There would be no way on earth I would entertain taking mine through an auto car wash! Washing the Zed by hand is a religion!

Obviously not an anti scratch wash looking at your front wing! You must be p***ed!

:lol: that actually made me laugh obviously not...

:bangin:

Automatic car wash :scare: 'Just say no' .... If im feeling lazy 'not very often' I take the zed to a down trodden part of the city to some rather nice Albanian folk who do a jolly good job of washing my car for five english pounds :D

+1 but Kurdish

rule 1: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE AN AUTOMATIC CAR WASH OF ANY DESCRIPTION ON YOUR ZED

rule 2: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LET THOSE T**TS WITH THE SANDPAPER SPONGES ANY WHERE NEAR YOUR CAR

my god people, your paying them to damage your car, i'd rather let it stay dirty :bang:

rule 1: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE AN AUTOMATIC CAR WASH OF ANY DESCRIPTION ON YOUR ZED

rule 2: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LET THOSE T**TS WITH THE SANDPAPER SPONGES ANY WHERE NEAR YOUR CAR

my god people, your paying them to damage your car, i'd rather let it stay dirty :bang:

:byebye:

I agree with comment 1

Not comment 2, the guys ive been too when its too :cold: to clean the car do a stand up job and graft non stop, im more than happy for them to clean it.... They dont do as good a job as me though :p

Last time it will look like this .......... :byebye:

7bbcb9a5-1.jpg

Car washes are hateful things.

Bet they try and wriggle out of paying :dry: providing you were within the guide lines you should have a good argument.

Last time I was in one (not in zed) it would not start until you were in the correct position.

I agree with comment 1

Not comment 2, the guys ive been too when its too :cold: to clean the car do a stand up job and graft non stop, im more than happy for them to clean it.... They dont do as good a job as me though :p

Last time it will look like this .......... :byebye:

grafting with this..

GP%20sabdpaper%20150%20grit.jpg

Sorry to see this mate, hope they reimburse you. Must be gutting

Exactly why mine has stayed dirty for a couple of months. Yes a couple of months! At least when I get out this weekend and clean it, I can take the dirt off nice and gently and not do it any damage. I'd much rather have layers of dirt on there than take it to any kind of carwash and let someone else inflict swirls and scratches on it.

Sorry to see this mate, hope they reimburse you. Must be gutting

Exactly why mine has stayed dirty for a couple of months. Yes a couple of months! At least when I get out this weekend and clean it, I can take the dirt off nice and gently and not do it any damage. I'd much rather have layers of dirt on there than take it to any kind of carwash and let someone else inflict swirls and scratches on it.

I dont think mine has been cleaned since JTS in may :blush: