I hope this isn't one of our members being a tw@t

adammitch69

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiots, camera man, fud in the passenger seat, and especially the driver.

Not like there's a lack of track days and places up and down the country where this can be practised legally and competitively.

+1 they are muppets!

Not read the umpteen pages of this thread but can guess the content.

i didnt make opinions about anyone, its just a viewpoint on one matter, hairy muff it got heated but thats what happens when people have strongly opposed viewpoints. i'll still stick to the thought im totally right and im a stubborn git and wont ever change my mind :thumbs: i get paranoid doing 78mph on the motorway :blink:

:gathering:

Unless I've misread the thread, the chap has subsequently written off the car. On that basis I'd have to say that those who think this is acceptable because in the clip "he seemed to be incontrol" are wrong. Drifting is intentionally pushing a car beyond the limits of its adhesion and you're treading a fine line when trying to maintain control. It sounds like this chap is not as skillful as he thinks and the thought of a 1.5 tonne car out of control should be enough to convince anyone that this sort of behaviour on a public road is a bad idea.

As a pretty competent drifter myself, I can tell you theres no way you would ever catch me doing that if theres ANY other traffic about - its just stupid. The car waiting to come on the RB could have caused him serious problems if it had chosen to go.

I can also tell you that he has pretty weak skills, and again, its bloody idiotic doing that on a road at anytime, day or night if thats your level of talent. :dry:

As we say on a certain drifting board, street drifting is like getting at yourself - everyone does it, but its only the hardcore tossers that get their mates round to watch and film it :D

• 1 month later...

nice drifting but I have to agree with the rest doing it when traffic is coming is pretty stupid, had he off lost control which is very likely considering drifting is just that ( I watched fast and furious 2: If You Ain't Outta Control, You Ain't In Control) :blush: he could of hit someone else. Drifting is fine in a controlled environment but when the danger of other peoples well being are decided by you, then that's not cool at all and pretty selfish. Just my 2 pence :blush:

I agree that drifting with other cars about on a public road isn't a sensible thing to do.

But the main reason for me posting is that being new here I was really pleased to see that three of the moderators have said that any members caught doing this at a meet will be told to leave. It's good to know the type of club I've joined and after reading this, and attending a West Midlands meet on Sunday, I'm going to be checking I can make the Wales meet and get signed up to it as soon as possible!

8 pages and I enjoyed reading all of it,

So where do I come in :)

Well, let’s see.

No mater if that guy is good at drifting or not, what he did was illegal; drifting “going sideways†on a main roundabout is NOT safe driving on the roads.

I have done a few roundabouts, but at night, clear roads, no traffic, off the main roads and people keeping an eye out for any on coming traffic, if there is any other traffic – you stop, it’s that simple.

I have also been known to drift on two roads that are in an industrial estate; same again, we go in groups of no more than 10 cars and people at either end, keeping an eye out for other traffic, this also happens at night, when these places are empty of other road users. Also my car is usually sideways coming out of every junction but again it’s not hard to check if the road is clear before I let the ass out.

Drifting and Diffing is fun and I enjoy doing it :)

No matter how good you are at handling you car, when your drifting it’s so easy to loose control. So I’d just like to add – keep to wide roads in industrial estates and make sure there’s no other traffic about :) or tracks, if you can afford it :D

I don’t speed or race on the roads, I have my fun other ways :)

Lol, no need for the language lol. I don't think it's clever what he done; posting it on YouTube. Everyone has to agree that this guy has made a **** of himself. If ur gonna do this stuff then go to a quite area with noone around and noone to annoy. Ppl really do need to stop condoning this though. I thought I knew how to drive and then wrecked a mini cooper s( sideways through a pole) you only realise how good your driving is when something happens that your not expecting. It's your ability to control these situations that make you a good driver or not. I found out that I was the later one. It's now a learning curve. Only takes on little thing to make you realise ur abilty.