I hope this isn't one of our members being a tw@t

adammitch69

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i always find hit runs a fence sitter as well, if they're ugly i think its fine to drive on ;)

I am sure there is a sentence in there somewhere that makes sense....

i've gone back and edited it, is that better,

sorry but its 1am typing is tailing off a bit

i always find hit runs a fence sitter as well, if they're ugly i think its fine to drive on ;)

I am sure there is a sentence in there somewhere that makes sense....

i've gone back and edited it, is that better,

sorry but its 1am typing is tailing off a bit

Why post then?!?! Am sure things can wait till tomorrow! Think your sense of humor may have just about hit the wall too ;)

possibly, but i'm still working and posting is keeping me sane

i want to see the papers when youve finished marking them :lol::worthless:

im going to have my super noodles then turn in.

writing a lesson plan for an observed lesson i have tomorrow.

already planned out, just putting it on to paper

TBH not much wrong with the vid IMO. :yawn:

Seemed to have reasonable control skills and was having fun on what looked like an industrial estate. They took the precaution of blocking off the only entry road with the dark car on the right.

Would never condone this on a busy/suburban road but this was neither.

I think some of us get very precious about this sort of stuff but it appears pretty harmless to an old codger like me. Did worse things on my Chopper in the '70s to be honest.

TBH not much wrong with the vid IMO. :yawn:

Seemed to have reasonable control skills and was having fun on what looked like an industrial estate. They took the precaution of blocking off the only entry road with the dark car on the right.

Would never condone this on a busy/suburban road but this was neither.

I think some of us get very precious about this sort of stuff but it appears pretty harmless to an old codger like me. Did worse things on my Chopper in the '70s to be honest.

I think your eyes are failing you old man. The dark car that tries to enter the roundabout at 55 secs only doesn't as they do not want to get wiped out by the tool in the zed. They even sit there whilst it goes round twice.

Does he look in control of the car? Yes. Does that matter? No.

Just because this guy didn't injure himself or others what about the rest of the knobs who see this on Youtube then go out there and try to imitate it with disastrous consequences.

Yeah, maybe you're right. Hard to tell really if the dark car is a "blocker" or Joe Public.

Still think it's kids having some (pretty) harmless fun though.

Not saying I'd want to go for a pint with them or similar, but they're ok.

PS - Eyes tested this week. Spot on the oppo said. B)

I don't think its really acceptable behaviour for the open road, and I don't think "he knows what he's doing so its ok" really cuts it, its the same as a trained marksman going into a street and randomly opening fire just because he is good doesn't mean he wont kill somebody. I'm not saying i've never done anything wreck less in the zed, of course I have I'm only human but i've never filmed it and put it on youtube to show the world how much of a tool i was being, especially showing my face and reg plate..what a total f*nny, he deserves to be arrested just for that!

R

Noted the ones that think this is ok and crossed them off the list for Wales...... :lol::lol:

+1 it should be noted that anyone displaying any behaviour even close to this at any of our meets will be banned from subsequent events and possibly banned from the site. Its reckless and dangerous, as Mark has pointed out - the "talented" drifter in this vid evidently ran out of talent at some point and wrote off the car. I'm all for using our cars as they should, but there is a time and a place. It doesnt have to be a track day either - going somewhere like a CarLimits airfield day, they are more than happy to let you drift around the course and it costs £45/day with nothing to hit within miles ;)

I don't think its really acceptable behaviour for the open road, and I don't think "he knows what he's doing so its ok" really cuts it, its the same as a trained marksman going into a street and randomly opening fire just because he is good doesn't mean he wont kill somebody. I'm not saying i've never done anything wreck less in the zed, of course I have I'm only human but i've never filmed it and put it on youtube to show the world how much of a tool i was being, especially showing my face and reg plate..what a total f*nny, he deserves to be arrested just for that!

R

Yeh, thats the one point we can all agree on - he is a tool for filming it and posting it!!

...but people saying 'its like a marksman going out with a gun'... what a ridiculous analogy. I'll say it again for the last time, and then im not posting again - This is not as dangerous as speeding! Nobody is goint to die!

...and Captain Sensible - you definitely live up to your name dont you? I guess im one of the people bringing this forum down hill. :clap:

...but people saying 'its like a marksman going out with a gun'... what a ridiculous analogy. I'll say it again for the last time, and then im not posting again - This is not as dangerous as speeding! Nobody is goint to die!

We will have to agree to disagree a car can be deadly if used inappropriately, I was just comparing this to the statements getting thrown about that he knew how to drift so its ok, thats no excuse if he had come off the road and hit a pedestrian he would have most likely killed them.

R

I'm (almost) lost for words. I cannot believe the amount of people that think this is acceptable behaviour. Probably the same people who would slag off the 'pigs' for arresting an idiot like this who is 'only having a bit of fun'.

Must agree with you

I'm (almost) lost for words. I cannot believe the amount of people that think this is acceptable behaviour. Probably the same people who would slag off the 'pigs' for arresting an idiot like this who is 'only having a bit of fun'.

Is it me or is this forum heading down hill?

Must agree with you

i don't think the club is going down hill, most of the posters on this thread are long time members, just with different view points.

Must agree with you

i don't think the club is going down hill, most of the posters on this thread are long time members, just with different view points.

I've edited my original post to clarify what I was agreeing with.

Well we have all voiced our opinions, all from different viewpoints (well what do you expect ;) )

We have slaged each other off for said opinions, formulated probably completely wrong opinions of other members based on their opinions.

We have all done the holyer than though bit whilst secretly hoping that nobody saw the (delete where applicable) speeding, crafty drift, spin turn, wheel spin, dodgy overtaking manoeuvre etc etc

We all pretty much agree that it was stupid to film the dogy drift and then stick it on Youtube.

So before WW3 breaks out :boxing: and the ban threats start, could we please find a more interesting subject to get our collective teeth into :)

I described it as "pretty harmless" and have enormous admiratation for the police. See a recent post of mine supporting this view.

I am a middle-aged, middle-class "professional" managing a successful business and am entitled to a considered, measured view on any subject. Comments about forums "going down-hill" are ill thought out as forums are her to share knowledge, idea wit and wisdom. The only thing that will degrade the forum is if members stop posting as their views are in the minority. :)

Noted the ones that think this is ok and crossed them off the list for Wales...... :lol::lol:

And if anyone is seeing doing this on the Wales drive out or any other event you will be asked kindly to leave :) Though the mini roundabout in Blaenau Ffestiniog does not count :p

Wow. What a massive thread!

Well I have to say that although it's not the brightest thing to do I personally don't think that it was doing any harm. He seemed as if he had it all under control. It's not something I would do now but when I was younger and had a 300ZX I used to go roundabout surfing near where I lived, although it was a lot more remote and you wouldn't see a car for a while.

Each to their own on what they do with their cars and nobody was hurt so it's not the end of the world. It looked fairly industrial and not outside your local school so I don't think it's that bug a deal IMAO