I hope this isn't one of our members being a tw@t

adammitch69

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than the car waiting on the entry, I didn't think that was too bad. He never collided with anything, and he may have been on an industrial site on a Sunday, no pedestrians, no kids, no oaps, no pets, even his mate was blocking an exit/entry to the roundabout so it can't have been that busy.

The way I see it he was using his car for what he can do with it, although maybe in a poor location.

I sit on the fence. :snack:

Wish I could talk like I was from 'Lan Dan'.

Sick innit large @*!# mon drifdin.

:shrug:

+1

There is a line that should be drawn with this. I dont think its bad or wrong for this type of thing to be done on the public road, but obviously there is a TIME AND A PLACE. For those of you that think this is wreckless driving - no its not, its just drifting. He has drifted pretty well in the video IMHO and is obviously in control of the car. Head over to driftworks if you want to meet some street drifters... they get up to this sort of thing every day. I've been to a few legit drift meets and everyone was talking about what they did on the streets in the week etc... they're different kind of people to on here.

...and can any one of you on here tell me that you've never exceeded the speed limit on any road? That is probably more dangerous than this :dry:

That said, he can see other traffic, so he should have stopped.

Lastly, i would never dream of doing this in my zed, and i've never done it in my drift car or my current shitbox. I stick to closed car parks at night. :thumbs:

For people saying its wreckless and dangerous

Cheers, un-biased, un-involved and educated.

on a public road "drifting is not wreckless"....

what on earth could make you think that...?

genuinely amazed. :blink:

im pretty sure the law sees it as wreckless.

honestly... i give up. just dont crash into me when your going sideways.

Aw dont give up, :thumbdown: I was enjoying reading this, all that time wasted typing tick tick tick... :snack: keeps me from looking at TT setups, pistons, bla bla... .

...but drifting at 25mph where he can stop in 10yds, on a roundabout where everyone can see and hear him is far far safer than doing 70 in a 50, or overtaking when you're unsure. DRIFTING IS NOT WRECKLESS if you know how to do it.

i know how to drift, and i also know where to do it ;)

i don't speed in residential areas, maybe the odd dual carriageway with silly speed limits, but the key word here is "residential"

maybe we should put a points system to this so that we can categorise each activity with a different value

speeding a little = wrong maybe 3 points

pulling out on someone = wrong a slap on the wrist probably no points

how bout driving with no insurance? anyone? = how bout 6 points?

hmmm speeding LOTS = maybe we should go for 6, 9 or even 12 points!?

OH hang on! silly me!! some one has already done this :doh::rolleyes:

hmm lets think where drifting comes, hmmmmmmm and then lets think what title that may be given... how bout DANGEROUS DRIVING :fool:

Its nothing to fall out about bud.

Yes, the law sees it as wreckless, the same as doing 70 in a 50.

As i said before, i wouldn't/couldnt do this, but i would trust a seasoned drifter to do it safely.

...and you must work for a tabloid as thats a proper mis quote "on a public road drifting is not wreckless....". This came with a 'There's a time and a place'. :thumbs:

Look man, if you are that ignorant to interpret what I've written, I can't be bothered to waste time influencing you, so rather than waste my time, if you've got something you want to ****ing say 07874385645

mmmm.... dont want to be funny but a forum is for open discussion (Definition of forum : a public meeting or assembly for open discussion)

128802339749002930.jpg

1. Rich... who said its a residential area? That looks industrial all day to me. If he's doing it outside a school then yes he should be shot.

2. Husky - obviously this is a matter of opinion. Speeding is far worse than drifting. This guys drifting isnt going to kill anyone is it?

Its nothing to fall out about bud.

Yes, the law sees it as wreckless, the same as doing 70 in a 50.

As i said before, i wouldn't/couldnt do this, but i would trust a seasoned drifter to do it safely.

...and you must work for a tabloid as thats a proper mis quote "on a public road drifting is not wreckless....". This came with a 'There's a time and a place'. :thumbs:

no worries, dont take it personally :thumbs: just frustrating is all. yeah i read that and giggled knowing you'd pick me up on it :p:lol:

1. Rich... who said its a residential area? That looks industrial all day to me. If he's doing it outside a school then yes he should be shot.

2. Husky - obviously this is a matter of opinion. Speeding is far worse than drifting. This guys drifting isnt going to kill anyone is it?

i'm not falling out over it, happy to discuss it.

to be honest i'm unsure of the location, its a built up area, possibly industrial, still doesn't make it right as its on an open road. counted 5 cars in the 1 minute it was playing. secondly, that roundabout was big enough that you wouldn't see someone pulling onto it on the other side.

if public roads were meant for drifiting on, the corners would be signposted with the correct drifting speeds.

Other than the car waiting on the entry, I didn't think that was too bad. He never collided with anything, and he may have been on an industrial site on a Sunday, no pedestrians, no kids, no oaps, no pets, even his mate was blocking an exit/entry to the roundabout so it can't have been that busy.

The way I see it he was using his car for what he can do with it, although maybe in a poor location.

+1

There is a line that should be drawn with this. I dont think its bad or wrong for this type of thing to be done on the public road, but obviously there is a TIME AND A PLACE. For those of you that think this is wreckless driving - no its not, its just drifting. He has drifted pretty well in the video IMHO and is obviously in control of the car. Head over to driftworks if you want to meet some street drifters... they get up to this sort of thing every day. I've been to a few legit drift meets and everyone was talking about what they did on the streets in the week etc... they're different kind of people to on here.

...and can any one of you on here tell me that you've never exceeded the speed limit on any road? That is probably more dangerous than this :dry:

Lastly, i would never dream of doing this in my zed, and i've never done it in my drift car or my current shitbox. I stick to closed car parks at night. :thumbs:

Looks like you got caught up in the spam cloud!! Why post once and have your say when you can post 300 times!

Neo Ninja, there is no implying that the car was written off, it WAS written off! The guy obviously ran out of talent!

Neo Ninja, there is no implying that the car was written off, it WAS written off! The guy obviously ran out of talent!

jeeze how?

Even if he looked as though he could drive on that video be prob found out that you cant do it all the time... One reason why its best to drift on the track rather on places that have kerbs, walls and other road users that dont know the rules of the track! :lol:

Funny enough Matty said it would last long when the guy drove away...

+1

Looks like you got caught up in the spam cloud!! Why post once and have your say when you can post 300 times!

Brilliant!

Chav DK wannabe springs to mind! :lol:

Look man, if you are that ignorant to interpret what I've written, I can't be bothered to waste time influencing you, so rather than waste my time, if you've got something you want to ****ing say 07874385645

:ban:

Guess you havnt read all of his posts in this thread!??!?!??......

:ban:

Guess you havnt read all of his posts in this thread!??!?!??......

im sure somewhere in there he probably sits on the fence about drink driving too :thumbs: