A New Member...

Hi there,

I have been driving a 350Z for five days now.

Love the car... the noise, the look, the performance (although I haven't really pushed her yet).

My previous car was a Vauxhall VX220 Turbo. Admittedly the 350Z is not quite as fast off the line and doesn't respond with quite the same immediacy, given the difference in mass, but I am NOT complaining...

The car is a 53 in silver (GT with Rays alloys) and I bought it with 50,000 miles on the clock. However, it has a FVSH (never missed one) and looks immaculate.

Annoyingly: I was enjoying the car last night and I drove over an almighty pothole!! :angry: It has dented the rim of the front left alloy slightly. The handling or suspension does not seem to have been affected. I think this could be repaired quite easily (and I was considering a full alloy refurb shorlty anyway) but would you have the suspension or geometry checked? Any advice appreciated.

I'll post some pictures soon. Located in Leeds by the way...

Matt

owning a vauxhall i reckon he put the V in there automatically instead of the N. :wacko:

:welcome:

i got mine laser aligned at North Eastern Tyres and Exhausts in York but i'm sure there's similar places in Leeds - although i have to say that place is awesome, great wating area with viewing windows, free coffee and free internet, then they bring you down and show you the tv screen with your readout on it. Whereabouts in Leeds are you from?

FVSH = Full Vehicle Service History?? Have I made that acronym up!? :blush:

FSH... does that seem right?

Yeah, the VXT's (and Elise's) are notorious for it aren't they? If the rear lets go it's so difficult to regain control... as per any mid-engined car I suppose... as I found out!!!! No Cat C or D though. A good ol' Cat B - never on the road again: someone bought her for just less than £6000 for track use though.

I will get the car checked for further damage. The deformation damage on the alloy is very mild... I am hoping it is not a safety issue needing a new wheel. Considering putting in a claim to the local council for the pothole but I understand it can be a real pain... :headhurt:

owning a vauxhall i reckon he put the V in there automatically instead of the N. :wacko:

:welcome:

i got mine laser aligned at North Eastern Tyres and Exhausts in York but i'm sure there's similar places in Leeds - although i have to say that place is awesome, great wating area with viewing windows, free coffee and free internet, then they bring you down and show you the tv screen with your readout on it. Whereabouts in Leeds are you from?

I live in Rothwell (South Leeds). North Eastern does sound good...