What Has Clarkson Got Against The 350Z?

Tricky-Ricky

Just read this,http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article527113.ece

he really doesn't have much liking of the 350Z does he?

Now i find him quite entertaining on Top Gear, but his knowledge of the

cars is not all that, saying that its a Datsun with a Renault engine just proves it.

he has to like some and slag the rest, i watched a top gear the other day and he was describing a car... "the steering is heavy, the clutch is heavy, the gear change is heavy, the brakes are heavy. its everything a proper divers car should be"

then he gets in the zed and says " the steering is heavy, etc etc. its terrible" bollocks

I wouldn't listen to Clarkson's opinions any more tbh. He is a presenter that is paid to entertain and no longer inform you real feelings about a car - facts and feelings don't bring in viewing numbers but shouting, complaining and prancing about does. :shrug:

I've often noticed that on almost every other episode he says "this really is the best car i've driven"...er...right? He's driven pretty much every car on the planet - yet every week he finds a new toy he loves. He is in a Veyron and says its on another scale and its a concorde moment and then on his recent DVD he says he'd rather have an R8 V10 than a Veyron.

Another example was when he compared the Focus RS to the Megana R26.R. He shouts about the fact the RS is amazing, etc and then in the end he says both are good. I can't honestly say Top Gear or Clarkson represents good opinion about cars any more - unless its above £100k, but then everyone expects it to be god damn awesome.

He contradicts himself all the time - I'm sure he is told by the BBC to keep things lively rather than tell the truth.

Truth = boring to the non petrolheads. :thumbdown:

i disagree, he isn't a presenter any more... he is an actor ;)

^^ spot on. I get really fed up with the acting.

Shame really because he is a really good presenter and I've seen loads of non car related documentaries and you can tell he really loves explaining stuff and knowing what things are like to experience (even if some are insane)

I would not feel aggravated at all by Clarkson's comments... as pointed out, he has an "assumed" hatred for Datsuns and has to play the part.

I love watching Top Gear though, it is extremely entertaining (and believe it or not, we can watch it here in Costa Rica!)

he's intitled to an opinion same as we are, and he's allowed to contradict himself, i'm sure we all do at some point or other.

i personally can't stand ferrari's, i know they are good, they are popular and often rated as some of the top cars in the world. but for me, they just aren't right. give me a lambo any day of the week. and thats the point i'm probably wrong and the lambo isn't as good as the ferrari but its my POV,

i like clarkson, but i must admit, top gear isn't as good as it used to be. but i do enjoy his column in the paper.

Tiff on a 5th gear episode compared the 350 against a TT sport and could not say a bad word against the Z but ripped the TT to bits. The Z also pi**ed on the TT by a good 5 secs over just one lap :thumbs:

+1 Tiff and VBH love the zed. All i put it down to is that clarkson has driven every performance car imaginable and in that company, the zed probably is crap :lol: He doesnt review many lower status cars to be fair does he? It starts at the zed/tt/rx8 end of the scale.

Do you care what Clarkson thinks?

He's one man.

I find him very entertaining and hugely likable but his opinion is as relevant to me as the price of an ice hockey stick in Algeria.

Go out and make up your own minds and if anybody says 'well clarkson says....' just give them a swift uppercut.

Tiff on a 5th gear episode compared the 350 against a TT sport and could not say a bad word against the Z but ripped the TT to bits. The Z also pi**ed on the TT by a good 5 secs over just one lap :thumbs:

Tiff has to be one of the best test drivers around - whereas Clarkson likes to think he is. VBH is also far and away a better driver than Clarkson and we all know her passion for the 350 so I know which opinions carry weight in my book ;)

+1 Tiff and VBH love the zed. All i put it down to is that clarkson has driven every performance car imaginable and in that company, the zed probably is crap :lol: He doesnt review many lower status cars to be fair does he? It starts at the zed/tt/rx8 end of the scale.

I wouldn't mind some VBH on me ;)