Had enough...

Zedrush

Astons, Jaguars built like sh1te - this is going back to the bad old BMC days and their like when build quality let the Japanese and other 'foreign' car manufacturers take over most of the market - no wonder British industry is on its knees if quality control has gone out the window again. :doh:

Reminds me why I buy Japanesse cars - they may not be perfect but at least I am not back at the dealers every 5 minutes :dry: German build quality may be good - but at a price, although recent tales of woe about VW has meant their customer satisfaction rating has slipped badly.......

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Astons, Jaguars built like sh1te - this is going back to the bad old BMC days and their like when build quality let the Japanese and other 'foreign' car manufacturers take over most of the market - no wonder British industry is on its knees if quality control has gone out the window again. :doh:

Reminds me why I buy Japanesse cars - they may not be perfect but at least I am not back at the dealers every 5 minutes :dry: German build quality may be good - but at a price, although recent tales of woe about VW has meant their customer satisfaction rating has slipped badly.......

i have clicky drop links, buggered synchros in 5th and 6th, clicky axle....

are they all that better??

id go for the lambo aswell :teeth:

How old is yours? We're talking about cars only a few months old here. :)

Come on young Husky - just look at the tech section on this site - compared to some cars the Zed is pretty rock solid assuming its serviced regularly and looked after. :thumbs:

All car manufacturers suffer from poorly supplied parts that will go pop before their expected life too but the muppet at the end of the line putting your car together may be the last one in the chain he should at least give a toss about what he does and make sure the thing goes out the production line in the state it was designed to.

Compared to other cars for me Jap cars still number 1, yes some are better than others but they dont make p*** poor mistakes like everyone else seems to.

Dont be fooled by shiny badges promising a certain 'lifestyle statement' think everyone knows how much I hate Audi and to some degree VW these days - they are run by accountants and sourcing from cheaper suppliers like everyone else is not just Fiat and Renault?

The big difference between Astons and the like is they should be providing customer support second to none and not treating you like Nissan UK do for example but then again we hav'nt spent £80-100K on a car have we?

Ohh felt a rant going on there - sorry :blush:

If your car was within warentee, or even just a bit out of it, they would fix most of that for free. Nissan arent all that bad compared to some others. Just their customer care is a bit pants but then they are used to dealing with Micra owners! Performance Centres should fix that for 370z/GTR owners, but I will be supprised if they do!

I'm tempted by a Cayman S or 370z next, but dont know which way I will go. Currently have a good rapport with the Nisasn dealer I use, so that will probably swing me towards the 370z, especially with a community like this :thumbs:

How old is yours? We're talking about cars only a few months old here. :)

true but they are manufacturing faults present at 25k miles and people have got those faults alot sooner. in my eyes any problem is as bad, infact i would rather the faults turned up straight away as they would have been under nissan warranty :dry:

Edit: need i say, of course i would rather no problems at all ;)

Good effort with the Porsche..... I fancy a Cayman S next (poor mans 911) :blush:

I disagree. I drove a 997 C2S and a Cayman S back-to-back a few months ago and found the Cayman to be much more of a driver's car and much more modern.

Especially good if you turbo them apparently, good for 500HP :drive1

Good effort with the Porsche..... I fancy a Cayman S next (poor mans 911) :blush:

I disagree. I drove a 997 C2S and a Cayman S back-to-back a few months ago and found the Cayman to be much more of a driver's car and much more modern.

Especially good if you turbo them apparently, good for 500HP :drive1

Ooooh yes B)

I lasted less than a year in the VW camp, in the first six months my GT was back at the dealer 9 times, will be long time before I go back to anything VAG. Been a Zed owner since July and never looked back, it's now a full on love affair with no problems (wood being touched - how wrong does that sound?!) Plus the guys here are :#1:

IMHO the German marques are still selling off a historical and out of date notion that they are over engineered and uber-reliable. The fact that they seem to be able to deliver cars with a higher level of preceived quality than the opposition probably adds to this mystique. However, if I wanted a reliable car I would go Japanese every time.

As for British built cars, as I can't afford a Bentley or a Roller, the only others that seem to be screwed together properly are the Hondas, Nissans and Toyotas we make over here. Even the MINIs have a pretty poor reputation on reliability...

mines likely to be a cayman s next, once i'm back into "non family car" buying. either that or a 993 perhaps (was looking at them when i bought the zed)

the other strong liklihood was an aston, but perhaps not after reading this...

Has nobody told you how much it costs to run a rug rat for 18 years or more? ;)

Really sorry to hear about your problems with the Aston. Like many people it is my dream car, I never knew there were these kind of problems with it. Definately opened my eyes!

What are you driving about in at the moment until the Porka arrives?

Jay, you should have gone Lambo mate, German build quality, Italian flair ;)

Was thinking it, but I want to be able to drive everyday without hassle and without drawing to much attention from the wrong kind.

plus you had one :lol:

They do them in camoflage colours like black,silver and grey too you know ;)

Jay, you should have gone Lambo mate, German build quality, Italian flair ;)

Was thinking it, but I want to be able to drive everyday without hassle and without drawing to much attention from the wrong kind.

plus you had one :lol:

They do they in camoflage colours like black,silver and grey too you know ;)

They shouldn't though :dry: Lambos are supposed to be outrageous :teeth: