My Progress UPDATED 18/11/2010 More 3M Di Noc

AlexZ

Back to fitting the sensors.

Find your balls you lost the night before and get the 19mm hole cutter. You now have to cut the other three, bare knuckle street fighting is for girls cutting holes in your Z is for men. :thumbs:

DSCF7019Medium.jpg

Strip the rear out to fit the electrics, I decided to fit it on the left because the reverse light was there.

DSCF7017Medium.jpg

DSCF7016Medium.jpg

I stock the electic box to the underside of the lamp panel.

DSCF7015Medium.jpg

DSCF7014Medium.jpg

Theres only two wires, Live (red) connect this to the reverse wire (light blue) and Black (earth) wire this to earth.

DSCF7011Medium.jpg

DSCF7012Medium.jpg

Then I wired the buzzer round the back to the alarm siren.

DSCF7013Medium.jpg

Simples, put the whole lot back together.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removing the lense from the rear fog light.

Unscrew the two bulbs and holders. Unclip the plug from the plastic pegs and remove the loom

Clean the lamp before putting it in your cooker lol

DSCF6965Medium.jpg

DSCF6969Medium.jpg

DSCF6970Medium.jpg

DSCF6971Medium.jpg

I cooked it for 3mins at 180c and this was a little to long if I'm honest. Lift the tabs that retain the lense while pulling the lense from the body.

DSCF6972Medium.jpg

DSCF6974Medium.jpg

Pull out the red lense and chrome reflector.

DSCF6976Medium.jpg

DSCF6977Medium.jpg

DSCF6978Medium.jpg

Slide the two pieces back together and make sure the clips locate. I didnt use any further silicon or sealant because it was everywere already and plenty to go round.

Check out the shizzel.

DSCF6979Medium.jpg

DSCF6981Medium.jpg

Reclip the loom to the lamp and job done.

DSCF6982Medium.jpg

Looks good Alex, not sure anyone would have noticed if you had kept quiet!

I want to do my fog light but i'm not good with ovens, might have to take it to Greggs and get them to bake it for me :blush:

I wouldn't trust Greggs to do anything ....... they can't even put butter on bread properly lol IMO

Can I make it clear for everyone that puts there light cluster into the oven, please cover it totally in silver foil and do not leave it open on a tray. This will prevent in burning the plastic and turning it brown like others have done.

Alex

A great progress report mate and again a good job on those reversing sensor's :thumbs::thumbs:

I want to do my fog light but i'm not good with ovens, might have to take it to Greggs and get them to bake it for me :blush:

Haha, I just work on the method don it and regret it afterwards. If you ponder over most stuff mate you wouldn't do anything. Just whap it in the cooker lol.

Thanks for the feed back man. I don't want anyone to do the same as I did. This post might make them remeber when there running towards the bumper with the drill turnning. :scare:

Alex

I wouldn't trust Greggs to do anything ....... they can't even put butter on bread properly lol IMO

HAHA pricelss. I do use Woodheads for snacks. :snack:

Good job on the bumper recovery :thumbs: I would still be sat in the corner sobbing :lol:

This is a really good thread, very informative :thumbs::thumbs:

I was about to cry then my lovely girlfriend gave me Stella and I relaxed. Quick shower and I had a game plan.

You cant tell from a few meters away but I know its there.

Thanks for the feed back on the thread, makes it worth while when people read, use it and look at it lol.

Can I make it clear for everyone that puts there light cluster into the oven, please cover it totally in silver foil and do not leave it open on a tray. This will prevent in burning the plastic and turning it brown like others have done.

Alex

A great progress report mate and again a good job on those reversing sensor's :thumbs::thumbs:

Cheers Pimm's on the info...I never knew that about the foil although I only had baking sheets anyway lol. My backing took a little bit of hammer but the lense itself was fine.

The bumper/sensors still need a proper repair but there a lot better than a inch hole :yahoo::teeth::D

Alex

same wipers as mine but from a different company....

Not sure what you paid mate but I got both for less the £7 delivered and thats great if you ask me. Fitted them tonight and there very good indeed, at least for the first three wipes anyway lol... Nissan wanted £30.49+vat for the main drivers wiper alone lol...I can afford to try a couple of sets for that price. :scare:

Alex

Buy a f**king stubby. :rant::lol:

Haha, mate I just dont like them...not to sure why just dont appeal to me.

I'll maybe swap mine for a stubby at the next meet just to have another look... :thumbs::scare:

Alexz

I do have a couple more mods in the pipeline I just need to get hold of them... :yahoo:

Alexz