My Progress UPDATED 18/11/2010 More 3M Di Noc

AlexZ

I dont have to play, my brother who designed the mirror mod informs me when the ignition is turned on the only think thay makes the mirrors fold is the internal mirror switch...locking the door wont effect the mirrors mate... :thumbs:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again! I was thinking of connecting the sidelights as the current draw shouold be OK on that circuit, the headlights I think maybe too much!

Ive been reading allot about the LED in the door handle too and was thinking about doing this. I already have the power in the doors as have put lights behind the reflectors!!!

For a few quid you can have a hard wire mini usb in your mota.

Seems like a lot of effort when you could buy this from Asda for £4 and use it as is or modify it:

hes broke the curciut so there no interfarence

There's no proven cases of leaving tracks connected causing problems, although it doesn't do any harm and the chances of anyone wanting to play a regular tape in future are tiny. Hooking up to the Nurrish Sat Nav seems to be an issue but cutting the tracks makes no difference.

I am going to wire up a phono socket as what Alex has used, for my mp3 player/blackberry and also get this from Adsa and chop the plug end bit off and hard wire it in so I can charge my satnav and other things :thumbs:

I will place this in the cubby above the HU :teeth:

Only trouble with that idea Pimm is when you remove the charger socket yours removing the fuse aswell....

Up to you but I have used a quick fuse in my setup because I dont want my £500 phone blowing up lol...

Hi again! I was thinking of connecting the sidelights as the current draw shouold be OK on that circuit, the headlights I think maybe too much!

Ive been reading allot about the LED in the door handle too and was thinking about doing this. I already have the power in the doors as have put lights behind the reflectors!!!

Yeh side lights will be better and less demanding mate...

Door handle Idea sound coolio, keep me posted on that..

For a few quid you can have a hard wire mini usb in your mota.

Seems like a lot of effort when you could buy this from Asda for £4 and use it as is or modify it:

hes broke the curciut so there no interfarence

There's no proven cases of leaving tracks connected causing problems, although it doesn't do any harm and the chances of anyone wanting to play a regular tape in future are tiny. Hooking up to the Nurrish Sat Nav seems to be an issue but cutting the tracks makes no difference.

I am going to wire up a phono socket as what Alex has used, for my mp3 player/blackberry and also get this from Adsa and chop the plug end bit off and hard wire it in so I can charge my satnav and other things :thumbs:

I will place this in the cubby above the HU :teeth:

Only trouble with that idea Pimm is when you remove the charger socket yours removing the fuse aswell....

Up to you but I have used a quick fuse in my setup because I dont want my £500 phone blowing up lol...

Agree Alex, just looked at your page 9 now that I am back on line :yahoo::yahoo: after 4 days of AOHELL :lol:

I will put a inline fuse in my Asda purchase so not to have any issues when charging ect...

I will keep you posted and by the way your pictures are spot on mate :thumbs::thumbs:

chop the plug end bit off and hard wire it in so I can charge my satnav

I was thinking along the lines of opening up the big black plug and retaining any fuses or other components inside. Could be an easier/cheaper way to get all the bits needed and can charge a bunch of phones too... But it might be more effort overall... Let us know the result.

What do I care... My MP3 player lasts 2 weeks between charges :lol:

All my devices are small usb so what Ive do in my car is perfect for me..I didnt really think to much about all the other phones etc :doh:

I guess for £4 its worth buy and taking apart lol, what the worse that can happen :thumbs:

Followed your guide for taking the HU apart and stuck my screws to the pictures :lol: MP3 player now works in car :teeth:

haha, thats pricless mate, cant understand why people havent done this mod before when its been out so long....I'm glad my thread is helping people and I plan to keep updating it... :thumbs::thumbs:

I need to get the Porta Cable out and remove some of the paint swirls...

Followed your guide for taking the HU apart and stuck my screws to the pictures :lol: MP3 player now works in car :teeth:

haha, thats pricless mate, cant understand why people havent done this mod before when its been out so long....I'm glad my thread is helping people and I plan to keep updating it... :thumbs::thumbs:

I need to get the Porta Cable out and remove some of the paint swirls...

Like myself, never came across this mod, until your very detailed thread which has made this look very easy to do hence while people are taking the plunge and doing it.

I had the car on the drive this afternoon with the doors open playing my mp3 and it feels and sound's like a new sound system :lol::lol:

loving it though :thumbs:

haha, thats pricless mate, cant understand why people havent done this mod before when its been out so long....I'm glad my thread is helping people and I plan to keep updating it...

people have been doing it, R35lee has been doing them for people for a fair while and sparky350z wrote it up the day before you ;)

haha, thats pricless mate, cant understand why people havent done this mod before when its been out so long....I'm glad my thread is helping people and I plan to keep updating it...

people have been doing it, R35lee has been doing them for people for a fair while and sparky350z wrote it up the day before you ;)

Evening dude, I know people have been playing with this a little while....

Like Pimm and other have said I think attension to detail have given most people the chance to complete the operation themself. I'm just glad people can do it them self for the 15mins is took me to write it up...

:teeth:

• 4 weeks later...

been meaning to post this for a while but i just want to say a big thanks you to you alex and your bro for the auto fold wing mirror trick. it's awesome and should of been on the car from the start. :#1:

also wanted to say thanks to GunmetalzGT for helping me fit it to my car. ;) it's been on for a couple of weeks now and has not missed a beat. :yahoo:

and to add in case anyone is wondering it does work on jdm cars as well as uk models :thumbs:

I still can't get my MP3 mod to work with my Iphone.

I'm getting there though I think, I added two 32Ohm resistors as suggested by another member and it now detects that the Iphone is plugged into something so plays through the car speakers until you pause it then it stops working again.

Only other thing I've noticed is the earth portion of my lead is live when you lick it you get a tingley tongue, I really don't know how I have manged this, it is only soldered onto the earth part of the board..... :bangin::bangin::bangin:

I tried licking the lead plugged into my hom eamp and this is tingle free . . . . nothing is ever easy or works first time for me.....

I still can't get my MP3 mod to work with my Iphone.

I'm getting there though I think, I added two 32Ohm resistors as suggested by another member and it now detects that the Iphone is plugged into something so plays through the car speakers until you pause it then it stops working again.

Only other thing I've noticed is the earth portion of my lead is live when you lick it you get a tingley tongue, I really don't know how I have manged this, it is only soldered onto the earth part of the board..... :bangin::bangin::bangin:

I tried licking the lead plugged into my hom eamp and this is tingle free . . . . nothing is ever easy or works first time for me.....

Evening mate sorry about the late reply, its my girlfriend 30th and we've been away for a little while. I would have thought the Ipod would run the same as any other mp3 player or my HTC phone. If you would like to call me and we can chat pm me for my mobile number mate or send me some images of what youve done to albo@mikesel.info

Thanks man

wow just read the whole post from start to finish!!! some awesome info on there!!!

hats off to AlexZ top man!!

where you from alex really want that ipod connecter on my bose unit!!

jamie

Evening mate, as above I've been a little busy with my girlfriend and her old age lol....

If you are having problems with doing the mod just let me know. It's looks a lot harder than it is....If you pm me your full name and address I have a spare 3.5 jack and lead I can send you to save you the cost of that. :thumbs:

I'm over in East Yorkshire....

Thanks for your input on my thread mate...I just want to get some mega paintwork cleaning done now.. :teeth:

Alexz

been meaning to post this for a while but i just want to say a big thanks you to you alex and your bro for the auto fold wing mirror trick. it's awesome and should of been on the car from the start. :#1:

also wanted to say thanks to GunmetalzGT for helping me fit it to my car. ;) it's been on for a couple of weeks now and has not missed a beat. :yahoo:

and to add in case anyone is wondering it does work on jdm cars as well as uk models :thumbs:

Now worries big man and thanks for your input... Gunmetal is a very nice chap and very helpful, another quality member with my top mod HAHA... :thumbs::thumbs:

Evening mate sorry about the late reply, its my girlfriend 30th and we've been away for a little while. I would have thought the Ipod would run the same as any other mp3 player or my HTC phone. If you would like to call me and we can chat pm me for my mobile number mate or send me some images of what youve done to albo@mikesel.info

Thanks man

Hi mate thanks very much.

This is where it gets confusing it works perfectly with everything except for the Iphone. My sony MP3 has no issues. I would use that but cos its well old the battery lasts about 5 minutes and windows on my laptop doesn't support Sonicstage anymore.

I'll take some photos when I pull it apart next time and send them over if I can't figure out whats wrong, maybe someone else can see whats wrong really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much

Steve

I think he'll be happy with 10 people paying £10 for a list of the parts used and a wiring diagram....lol....£100 for a days work isnt to bad...I'm just happy I mentioned it to him lol :teeth:

:snack: what happened to this list?