My Progress UPDATED 18/11/2010 More 3M Di Noc

AlexZ

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the weather man said it was going to be a dry day and he was right.... I got some more claying done and the plugs changed...I've used a little Redex and Optimax since I last removed the plugs and there seem better now. :teeth::p

Clay Time.... :thumbs: For the people who dont know why this is required Ive shown a few close ups lol..

With a good wash sorted you will still find little tar bit and surface sh*te hangging around.... :doh:

DSCF2085.jpg

DSCF2086.jpg

DSCF2087.jpg

DSCF2088.jpg

DSCF2089.jpg

After the clay session on the wing.... :thumbs::teeth::p

DSCF2096.jpg

DSCF2097.jpg

DSCF2098.jpg

DSCF2099.jpg

DSCF2100.jpg

DSCF2101.jpg

DSCF2102.jpg

DSCF2103.jpg

Tada, the polish is just to give the paint a little jacket until the full wax and p/c action can start.

Right the plugs...I tooks the images as I removed the Strut braces, engine cover, air filter pipe, coils and plugs from the passanger side... :p

Strut Brace, understand were the lock nuts are and loosen them any way you feel you will remeber the correct seeting. This has to be retighten back to the original setting..

DSCF2108.jpg

Remove the Brace fixing bolts and nuts.

DSCF2110.jpg

Undo the air filter pipe at the following locations

DSCF2111.jpg

DSCF2113.jpg

DSCF2114.jpg

Remove the four engine bolt nuts

DSCF2116.jpg

DSCF2117.jpg

Remove the bolts securing the wiring loom and coil packs and unplug the coils..

DSCF2118.jpg

DSCF2119.jpg

DSCF2120.jpg

Whip the plugs out..

DSCF2120.jpg

When the plugs are fitted it's advised to use some sort of copper grease etc to make sure the plugs dont corode in the heads. I use Antiscuffing paste..

DSCF2121.jpg

DSCF2125.jpg

Refit in revese order. The Plug torque setting is 23n.m. :teeth:

Alexz

• 2 months later...

Ok with the car just clicking over 45k I thought I best get her serviced asap. This is the first servive I've done since owning the car so I thought best do all the oil's and be happy knowing its all done. I spoke to Nissan and bought the oils, washers and oil filter.

I got the car in work yesterday morning and started...I took a couple of images along the way for people to have a peep... :teeth:

Engine Oil

I snapped one of the lower engine guard nuts in the front panel on removal..I guess Nissan couldn't be arsed to grease then last time it was serviced. Doh :thumbdown:

DSC05133.jpg

Couple of quick points if your going to do it yourself for the first time...Make sure you bough the correct filter before removing the one on the car lol... Make sure you have a new sump plug washer...this type compresses on itself... :thumbs:

Torque Setting accoring to Autodata is 35Nm for the sump plug.

DSC05112.jpg

DSC05114.jpg

DSC05115.jpg

DSC05113.jpg

DSC05118.jpg

DSC05119.jpg

DSC05120.jpg

DSC05121.jpg

DSC05122.jpg

Rear Diff

First thing is to whip the plastic cover off....IIRC there are four 12mm nuts... The diff holds 1.4liters of oil according to Nissan's manual and the torque setting for both the plugs are 34Nm. You will find the drain plug has a magnet on the end to collect and loose metal in the diff. Again I bought new washers for both plugs...these are plain washer and could be used again if needed.

DSC05123.jpg

DSC05124.jpg

DSC05127.jpg

DSC05128.jpg

DSC05130.jpg

DSC05131.jpg

DSC05132.jpg

DSC05134.jpg

DSC05136.jpg

DSC05138.jpg

DSC05139.jpg

Gear Box

Same as the diff the plugs are torqued to 34Nm, they also use the same washers. I would advise using a 500ml bottle to do this as the 1000ml is a little tight up the side of the box. Nissan say you should use 2.9liters of box oil...this doesnt come out the fill hole like most other cars I've services and you cant feel the oil level when you dip your finger in lol...Scary I know. :scare:. Most other cars also have a magnet on the box drian plug unless mines fell off lol..

DSC05140.jpg

DSC05141.jpg

DSC05142.jpg

DSC05143.jpg

DSC05145.jpg

I also had a good look round the car as all services should included. The front pads are low and require replacing soon. I've had a quick search and a lot of people recommend Ferodo DS2500. I was looking more toward the Brembo Sport ones. Has anyone used these before...Opie's can sort them for £108 delivered.?

Barring the brakes the car is cool...I changed the plugs to Denso Iridium ones late last years and cleaned the K&N filter.

When the snow cleared today I washed her and clayed the bonnet and wings... :teeth:

IMAG0073.jpg

Alexz

Good thread this mate :thumbs: is the oil filter quite a small one? I had to buy a non gen on saturday morning as i wanted to change the oil this weekend & Nissan werent any help at all.When Autopart gave me it i thought hmm looks a bit small for a big engine.Id rather have the right one before i get my car on the ramps at work & empty it to find its wrong :surrender:

Good thread this mate :thumbs: is the oil filter quite a small one? I had to buy a non gen on saturday morning as i wanted to change the oil this weekend & Nissan werent any help at all.When Autopart gave me it i thought hmm looks a bit small for a big engine.Id rather have the right one before i get my car on the ramps at work & empty it to find its wrong :surrender:

yeah they are quite small! i was quite shocked when i got mine, i got a magnetic one and a magnetic sump plug from envy and there spot on!!! :thumbs:

nice thread and nice garage, wish I had the latter!

Time to get a plenum spacer for you, I think :thumbs:

Now then mate, I have looked into them but at this moment I'm happy with her...Although I do need some more brake pads lol. :thumbs:

The garage is were I work so I can use it most weekends...Just a shame were only open for 4hours lol... :thumbdown: but it great when it's my Sat morning on cause 4 hours is to much lol.

Now then mate, I have looked into them but at this moment I'm happy with her...Although I do need some more brake pads lol. :thumbs:

The garage is were I work so I can use it most weekends...Just a shame were only open for 4hours lol... :thumbdown: but it great when it's my Sat morning on cause 4 hours is to much lol.

get some yellow stuff pads from cs they feel good enough if you don't do to much inspired driving. :thumbs:

get some yellow stuff pads from cs they feel good enough if you don't do to much inspired driving. :thumbs:

To be honest mate I ordered the Mintex pads today, if there no good I'll order some others of the forum's advise. If there ok I guess there'll be plenty of member's wanting good pads at these prices. :teeth:

I dont mind been the test dummy lol.. :scare:

Alexz