My Progress UPDATED 18/11/2010 More 3M Di Noc

AlexZ

I think he'll be happy with 10 people paying £10 for a list of the parts used and a wiring diagram....lol....£100 for a days work isnt to bad...I'm just happy I mentioned it to him lol :teeth:

:snack: what happened to this list?

pm him and ask him if he can help you out ;)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he'll be happy with 10 people paying £10 for a list of the parts used and a wiring diagram....lol....£100 for a days work isnt to bad...I'm just happy I mentioned it to him lol :teeth:

:snack: what happened to this list?

Pm sent mate :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys its been a little while since Ive been able to spend some time on the car with work and courses all the time its been tight. I left work an hour early today and thought nows the time to bite the bullet and start some Porter Cable action, I thought I'll start with the tailgate and go over the top to the bonnet. This is so time consuming its hard to believe, it took me three and a half hours to do the three panels. The steps I took were...

Wash Car Fully

Dry Car

Clay Bar The Choosen Panel (I did this panel by panel as I polished them)

Wipe of Left Over Lube From Clay

Mask Out All Seals And Gaps That Polish Will Go In (Not a must but big time saver)

Apply Most Abrasive Compond On A Moderate Cutting Pad

Remove With Microfiber Cloth

Apply Less Abrasive Compond On Polishing Pad

Apply Final Stage Polish On Applicator Pad By Hand

Demask Car and Smile :thumbs:

The panels done feel like glass, until I get the under sodium light or in the booth at work I wont see how manu swirls are left. In normal day light it looks fine and well worth the effort, roll on Saturday for the rest of it. :teeth::p

Clay the panel to remove any unwanted grime

DSCF4280Medium.jpg

DSCF4279Medium.jpg

Mask Out Seals

DSCF4281Medium.jpg

DSCF4282Medium.jpg

Apply First Coat

DSCF4283Medium.jpg

DSCF4284Medium.jpg

Lighter Second Coat

DSCF4287Medium.jpg

DSCF4288Medium.jpg

DSCF4291Medium.jpg

Final Finish

DSCF4299Medium.jpg

DSCF4298Medium.jpg

DSCF4297Medium.jpg

DSCF4296Medium.jpg

DSCF4295Medium.jpg

DSCF4294Medium.jpg

DSCF4293Medium.jpg

DSCF4292Medium.jpg

What you guys think, theres loads of ways and trick of using the p/c, I just followed some advice from a friend who does a bit.

Advice and comments welcome for weekend lol.

Alex

What polish and pads you using? What speeds? what LSP?

:thumbs:

Evening Stew, not 100% sure what actual polish was used and its in the shed lol...It's the same manufactures and in the same sequence as belowe but the cut rades may be different. I let my mate advise me on these as he's done plenty of vehicles from Saxo's to Carrera's....

Main Cutting Compound, the grade is in the middle of the veritant line.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog ... -203s.html

Second coat, guess this removes any further imperfections the above compond leaves. Again, on the scale this was closer to the bottom but this is alot more liquidy than the compound above.

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/product/351

I finished with some Mags stage 3 canuba wax, but my mate doesnt rate this and said I should have used the Poorboy's XP he gave me lol...

The pads are both Mags pads but I'm not sure what grade, theres a soft one and a slightly harder one lol...

I'lltry the Poorboys polish on there other panels and see what the difference is.

Hope this helps... :teeth:

203 is fairly aggressive on a Zed especially if the pad was hard. I've done some pretty heavy correction with it.

106FA is spot on for it! ;)

I agree with your mate on LSP...... Poorboys XP sealant works on light cars well but I'd still be waxing on top with a quality wax. Light Fantastic perhaps..... :thumbs:

203 is fairly aggressive on a Zed especially if the pad was hard. I've done some pretty heavy correction with it.

106FA is spot on for it! ;)

I agree with your mate on LSP...... Poorboys XP sealant works on light cars well but I'd still be waxing on top with a quality wax. Light Fantastic perhaps..... :thumbs:

Cheers for the info Stew, I'm new to all this stuff so guideance is a must, the last thing I want to do is burn through the laqure. My mate whos advising also uses a rotary like the guys at my work (bodyshop) and there a little more major. I didnt get round to doing anymore over the weekend with BBQ's and JTS show today lol...I'll try the XP during the week.

Thanks for the advise :thumbs:

Alex

I have only just caught up with this thread - excellent work and write-ups Alex! - keep up the good work :thumbs:

Thanks for the support Sungod, if people can learn a little with the advise from the forum its worth it I guess. :teeth::thumbs:

Alex

Not sure how but we managed to get on in the show...We wasnt on a stand but we were right in the middle lol...

Shame we missed each other we could of had a cuppa lol

Yeah that's true I would have had some water though as i was baking! :lol:

Not sure how but we managed to get on in the show...We wasnt on a stand but we were right in the middle lol...

Shame we missed each other we could of had a cuppa lol

Yeah that's true I would have had some water though as i was baking! :lol:

True true but like my Gran says always time for a brew lol :yahoo: