mpg??

franky84

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

600 miles is impossible.....................

+1

I dont think I've ever had more than 300-350 out of a tank

I got to about 380 once and that was riding the clutch into junctions :blush:

riding the clutch will make your mpg go down

the injectors are turned off while the wheels drive the engine

when the clutch is in it requires fuel to idle

Spaceman if it had been lpg converted I would get less mpg :p

I drive at night about 3am and there is no traffic which makes a big difference. TBH if you believe me or not i dont care, why would i lie. If you dont believe me fine. :)

As I said before, if economy driving is what you like doing fine but I really do think you are missing what a ZED is all about, now you tell us you do a lot of your driving arouind 3am when the roads will be comparably deserted, and the mobile cash machines are tucked up in bed should you accidentally press the loud pedal a little too hard ;)

I have personally found with the Zed that it is seriously dependant on how heavy you are with your right foot, and what sort of driving you do. (I know this is true of all vehicles but the difference in figures in the Zed is pretty large)

To give you an example, for me personally....

On my daily commute, which is a 72 mile round trip, mostly motorway and dual carriageway (Southampton to Ringwood) with a little bit of around town driving after work (gym, girlfriends etc)

heavy right foot : 22-24

being conservative : 28 - 29

When I had a week off, and spent all week driving around town, lots of cold starts etc :

heavy right foot : 14-16

being conservative: 17-18

I think it is something you should consider carefully if buying a new Zed that you will be using for commuting. I love mine, makes me grin everytime I get in it, BUT I put alot of miles on her (11000 in 9 months, but i've worked away and left her on the drive for 3 of those), which is working out about £300 a month on fuel.

Then take into consideration tyres, brakes, and more importantly the effect of that many miles on the front bumper of your beloved Zed (Don't talk to me about stone chips, my front bumper looks like it has some weird disease) before making your decision.

Still wouldn't change her though :-D

-Dave

550 to 600 miles out of a tank in a Zed.......

bullshit.jpg

or is this a pic of you driving rtbiscuit..

granny.BMP

think what you like, its what i got, but had run the tank to the point the DTE was flashing -- --

as for the trip, i was knackered, and the traffic was heavy, with lots of road works with average speed cameras, think i was generally travelling between 55 mph - 70mph for most of the trip. hence the high MPG

i can drive it like i stole it if i want to and i can get good MPG if i want to.

Seriously though Stew - how did you get that even for a minute? During a reset ?- coasting at 50mph ?- my wee brain can-nae cope :blink:

On track Vik, flat out....

It was actually on the A944 coming back from the glenshee run. Went through Alford and a car show had ben on, I was stuck in a queue behind an old car (can't remember what it was) and reset the meter. I just feathered the throttle at 40 on a flat bit of road. Was 79, 77, then dropped to about 32. Then either I overtook or it turned off......