mpg??

franky84

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9158.2 MPG at the moment

My insurance is sitting at about £97,417..... ;)

I just got 27594bhp from a remap.... ;)

I've just fitted a new super ebay chip that has boosted power to 30000BHP B) MPG has also increased to 10000MPG, I haven't filled up in months :teeth:

500-600 miles from one tank :surrender: Did you have to push it the last 300miles?

Serious head on, you need to find people with similar journeys to yourself to gain real world numbers.

No point getting a figure of 14mpg from someone driving through town if you do a motorway journey to work and could get 30 mpg.

It is a frequently asked question but then again, at over £4.50 a gallon I think it's a fair one.

Ours is a 07 car with the 313bhp & Nismo exhaust. the missus gets av 27mpg to & from work evey time, mix of motorway there & country lane back. When I use it (if I can prise her out of it :lol: ) I generally get 22 on a blast, but on a run the other week to southampton so thats A1 / M25 / M3 / M27 at a mix of speeds using the power when I could & clearing off into the distance :yahoo: I got 30 mpg

So in all I would guess with average driving mid 20's is real just depends on how big yr boots are :lol:

Haing run Impreza's in the past, when asked what is MPG the answer was always... 'my petrols gone' the zed, my friend is a lot easier on the wallet :teeth:

Welcome to the site :thumbs:

I'm getting 27.7 and thats mainly motorway (12 miles each way).

Had to fill up this morning, but petrol station on the way to work was shut, so i did 65 mph max on the motorway with the coaches/ trucks and old people, reset my MPG, and was getting 35 mpg. So you notice a nig difference.

Above 80 mph, i get about 22 :thumbdown:

But as a sub note, the 65mph journey was BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!!!!!!!!!!!! :scare:

Guys, I know its a repost, and something found very easily from using the search function.

But as a new members first post, and his introduction to us (and us to him) would it not be better to be less sarky?

You could easily lose a member from that kind of response - especially if its someone who has never used forums or car clubs before.

As for someone asking about mpg in the first place....

well, for some people it does matter. It could easily be a case of saving every penny you have to be able to finally afford the car you want (in this case a Zed). but becasue of your commute, the actuall petrol costs may make it impossible to get.

I got a very similar response when asking the Skyline owners club about an R34 GTT mpg as my fiance is looking to buy one. And tbh it really pi$$ed me off. She has to use it for work, so she needed to know the real world mpg. as it turned out, back then becasue of learning that figure, we couldnt afford it.

So in response to what Buster said - yes, he should be looking at it if he wants to (sorry mate, you lined yourself up, and couldnt resist)

Superb post, sums up exactly where I am with buying a Zed. I absolutely love them, and literally take a sharp intake of breath everytime I see one. One day, I will have one. But if it was costing me £100 to fill it up every couple of hundred miles, the novelty would soon wear off! And I have to consider fuel costs, along with all other costs before I can jump in.

I get about 560-600 miles from a full tank and mine is a jdm. :thumbs:

EH!?!?! Do you push it around!? Im very lucky if i get 350 miles from a full tank! :wacko:

Its easy, make sure you use v power. Drive at night like me and only rest your foot against the accelerator. its fast enough like that. Look alot further for things that make you slow down so you dont have to break and on the dual carrige way cruise 55-65 not 70. I dont see much traffic and if im feeling in the mood then mpg halfs lol.

I have to say iam amazed by the fuel consumption in the zed, iam currently on 360 miles (Tesco super) on a UK 54 plate and the light has not even come on yet it shows im averaging 24.6.

Ive not exactly been hanging around in it either as its a new toy so gets played with hard :teeth:

i actually dont care though as i just love it, the sound of the engine alone is enough to warrant the extra cost :p

Little doubt the UK tank size is 80 litres and it seems many JDMs may also be the same size although suggestions that some are down to 60 litres (BONSAI spec sheets).

For Dblock to get 560-600 miles to a tank, using say 75 litres, that is around 36 miles to the gallon. I have no doubt that if I drove around as slowly as possible I could get that figure as I have just seen 31.5 mpg on the 600 odd mile drive back from Scotland - mainly motorway and averaging 58mph bearing in mind some hold-ups on the way.

But the ZED is such a wonderful drive I cannot see how anyone can fully enjoy its capabilities and average over 25 mpg - it just does not add up.

But hey, if thats the pleasure you get from a ZED then good luck to you but I do feel you are really missing what driving a ZED is all about :)

here is a good converter for you guys with jdm cars :

http://www.convertcenter.com/unit.aspx/ ... n/km-litre

some good input and some not, got 9km/l on the meet up north... find that REAL good! around town i get 6,4km/l to 7,4 km/l.. my problem is that I like the sound and drive to hear it... :dummy: found that the race cats (berk) seem to give me better fuel economy. I wouldn't buy this car if I had to think about fuel costs. then again 1500€ road tax didn't put me off either :bounce:

Have you ever driven a non standard z with aftermarket exhaust,cats intake? if not DO! any cost issue goes when I turn the key :clap: