The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

After much thought we decided to get another kitten straight away. I've found that the pain of losing a pet can to a certain extent be alleviated by jumping straight in at the deep end and getting another one. Anyway, here he is, the picture doesn't really do him justice but his markings are quite unusual. Don't have a name for him yet but suggestions are welcome :) .

P1015873_zps6e7e5394.jpg

Pete

Awww looks like a little grey fox cub :blush:

Blue Burmese Pete?

sorry to hear about your loss buddy ..what a lovely kitten though, my mrs said what about sooty as he looks like hes been up a chimney :wacko: think someone has had to much vino tonight :lol:

Lol.

Check out Bandit and Fuzzy. Cute cats.

He's just an ordinary moggie. His mum is a longish haired Grey and White (mainly white) and his dad a tabby, although how on earth you would know this in an outdoor cat is a mystery :) .

Pete

How cute is that :) . I thought about one of these, a Bengal or a RagDoll but read that they shouldn't really be let out of the house as they're likely to be stolen and don't have the fear factor that moggies seem to have and can succumb to things like HIV and other feline diseases.

154443_10151141843107204_840304385_n_zps3cc7a504.jpg

Pete

• Like 1

Here a few of our previous cats.

This is Beauty. She was a feral cat that I'd first seen in our lane as long ago as 1997. In 1998 I spotted her with a solitary black kitten in tow and in 1999 she settled in our garden with 2 kittens. Eventually we coaxed her inside and she lived happily with us until last year.

P015_zpsaaffe705.jpg

This was one of the 2 kittens that Beauty brought into our garden. We called him Scaredy as he would run off whenever someone visited us. A larger than life character he used to vanish for days and sometimes weeks but he always came back, quite often covered in battle scars. He sadly passed away last year aged 14.

P002_zps5dc79974.jpg

Finally, Suzie. She was the longest lived cat we've ever owned, arriving in our garden as a fully grown cat (and pregnant) in 1985 and lived until 2004. A very quiet cat who loved sitting on your knee and getting into the bed with you (where she had her kittens)

P014_zps5657d1a1.jpg

Pete

• Like 3

How cute is that :) . I thought about one of these, a Bengal or a RagDoll but read that they shouldn't really be let out of the house as they're likely to be stolen and don't have the fear factor that moggies seem to have and can succumb to things like HIV and other feline diseases.

154443_10151141843107204_840304385_n_zps3cc7a504.jpg

Pete

Good grief! That is too cute for words!

• Like 2

We had a new addition a few months ago, called him ELK. It was originally ELC, but EL stands for 'Evil Little' and the third word was far too rude, so we changed it to K, for Kitten, lol. Here's a piccy of him the first day we got him, which sort of explains his name, although he was very nearly called 'Ninja' and a pic of him sat with our older Black cat Jim who's now 4. He was not a happy cat the first day we got him and whilst I've never been a fan of using the scruff to pick up animals, there really was no choice with him that day. Even the damn Husky was petrified lol.

Ninja-Elk.jpg

Jim-n-Elk.jpg

• Like 2

We had a new addition a few months ago, called him ELK. It was originally ELC, but EL stands for 'Evil Little' and the third word was far too rude, so we changed it to K, for Kitten, lol. Here's a piccy of him the first day we got him, which sort of explains his name, although he was very nearly called 'Ninja' and a pic of him sat with our older Black cat Jim who's now 4. He was not a happy cat the first day we got him and whilst I've never been a fan of using the scruff to pick up animals, there really was no choice with him that day. Even the damn Husky was petrified lol.

Ninja-Elk.jpg

evil stare cat - if looks could kill :lol: :lol:

Jim-n-Elk.jpg

I meant this one

Yeah I've since nicknamed him 'scowly cat' because although he's actually incredibly friendly now and very affectionate, you wouldn't think it to look at him. He doesn't like visitors much either lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Maybe he just doesn't like his picture being taken :lol:

I think I have made a rod for my own back, been hand feeding my fish, now when I walk past the tank the biggest one headbutts the glass to get my attention :lol:

Sent from the golf club...

• 1 month later...

Some of you on The Wales meet will know that I had to go home early to feed the cats. Well, the older cats can look after themselves for a few days, plenty of mice and rabbits around here but the new kittens can't fend for themselves just yet. Here are the offending kittens that cut my Wales weekend short. I also popped after the Saturday run to feed them as well :blush: .

P1016032_zps55a9dd87.jpg

P1016036_zps3b1b56ff.jpg

P1016034_zps3a064857.jpg

P1016035_zpsf0857374.jpg

P1016039_zps2df2374a.jpg

Pete

• Like 1

Some of you on The Wales meet will know that I had to go home early to feed the cats. Well, the older cats can look after themselves for a few days, plenty of mice and rabbits around here but the new kittens can't fend for themselves just yet. Here are the offending kittens that cut my Wales weekend short. I also popped after the Saturday run to feed them as well :blush: .

P1016032_zps55a9dd87.jpg

P1016036_zps3b1b56ff.jpg

P1016034_zps3a064857.jpg

P1016035_zpsf0857374.jpg

P1016039_zps2df2374a.jpg

Pete

Your lucky Mary didn't see them over the weekend Pete or Darren would have been sharing the back seat home :lol:

• 1 month later...

Well we took our little chocolate sausage to the vets today. She's been getting less and less interested in walks so much so she just lies down and wants to watch the world go by

That said at training she does really well but earlier this week the trainer advised us to get her checked out as she's started "kicking" one of her back legs out.

She's now on a course of anti inflammatory in the hope that at best it's a pulled cruciate and at worst it's hip displacia.

At 19 months old out fingers are crossed.

P1016032_zps55a9dd87.jpg

P1016036_zps3b1b56ff.jpg

P1016034_zps3a064857.jpg

P1016035_zpsf0857374.jpg

P1016039_zps2df2374a.jpg

Pete

Your lucky Mary didn't see them over the weekend Pete or Darren would have been sharing the back seat home :lol:

(just to upset the quotes within quotes thread :blush: )

he wouldn't have missed one of them dave - he has so many :teeth::surrender:

P1016032_zps55a9dd87.jpg

P1016036_zps3b1b56ff.jpg

P1016034_zps3a064857.jpg

P1016035_zpsf0857374.jpg

P1016039_zps2df2374a.jpg

Pete

(just to upset the quotes within quotes thread :blush: )

he wouldn't have missed one of them dave - he has so many :teeth::surrender:

Seems Pete is a real pussy magnet...

Sent from the golf club...